Jon Snow IS Dead

iDooom

People whose argument hinges on the interpretation of "welling up" are clutching at straws. The verb has nothing to do with any amount. It could be a lot, it could be very little.

Well no. The blade would have nicked an artery, so there would be no welling but spurting everywhere. The attack and wound are not consistent. Nick and artery and blood will spray. So either you have a very small scratch causing blood to well or you have a deep wound that certainly nicked an artery. If that is teh case, blood is spraying and Jon is on the ground trying to stop the gush. You don't get both scenarios. Since teh scene does not play out that way, the wound likely is not what people jump to think. 

He was definitely stabbed by the fourth knife. If GRRM wrote "he never felt the fourth knife" because there was no fourth knife wound, then that is horrible deceptive writing. I can't think of any other instances where he has been so disingenuous in external narrative description.

No exactly. As I said before and on a lengthy thread attributed to the last page of this chapter, Jon whispers Ghost's name. This is indicative that Ghost is on scene. But here are some scenarios where Jon never feels the 4th. I don't have time to rehash this out again, so forgive me for the shortness of it...

1. Ghost pounces and that is why Jon doesn't feel the 4th.

2. Castle Black has broken out in a large scale rebellion at the moment, and we only saw Jon's portion. One of Jon's friends, including WW, could have stepped in; thus no 4th.

3. Only the cold... The White Walkers have arrived halting all attacks. 

Fair point on the pain.

You don't need a blow to the arm.  The nerves branch from the spine outward.  All it would take is that the blade hits a nerve (not necessarily severs) and causes a problem with the signal going from brain to arm.

I think he's alive.  I think he's probably in one of the first chapters of TWoW, but until that book is released he's not dead yet.

And he could always be mostly dead.

Yeah that's true about the spine, but the first dagger hits the side of his neck.  After the first dagger is when he tries to grab his sword, and fails like a total joben i might add.  Its not until the third blow, i could be mistaken, which is between his shoulder blades.  IMO this would be when the potential spinal injury would occur, which is after he tries to pull long claw.

Archived