Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

Would there be interest in a Multiplayer game of the mod? I've a 350 MB internet connection with 30 MB upload rate waiting to be used... we could setup any sort of game we want. Maybe Kings of the Seven Kingdoms? Lords Paramount at somepoint in history, or maybe even just custom minor houses trying to make their way on the continent?

Would there be interest in a Multiplayer game of the mod? I've a 350 MB internet connection with 30 MB upload rate waiting to be used... we could setup any sort of game we want. Maybe Kings of the Seven Kingdoms? Lords Paramount at somepoint in history, or maybe even just custom minor houses trying to make their way on the continent?

I'd be cool with that. And CK can be run on a potato, so there's no worry about godawful lag spikes like I keep getting with Company of Heroes.

A list of interested players for the multiplayer game:

Olligarchy

Leonardo

Pod the Rod

tokyochojin

The Prince Not Promised.

So far one vote for Robert's Rebellion scenario with presumably control over canon Lords Paramount and possibly the Royal Family.

A list of interested players for the multiplayer game:

Olligarchy - Lannisters

Leonardo

Pod the Rod - Starks/Arryns (Prefers Arryns)

tokyochojin

The Prince Not Promised.

So far one vote for Robert's Rebellion scenario and one vote for Dance of Dragons.

Any more takers?

I say neither of those; they're both wars and mean that at the end, one side is pretty much screwed and the game is over. It really depends on how long people want to play and if it's a multi part game

Century of Blood I say, so everyone gets to build their houses. If we do a war, everyone should be a second tier lord like Manderly, Reyne, or Hightower.

I am with Leo here. Roberts Rebellion, Blackfyre Rebellion etc are all basically 'win or lose' scenarios which will at worst end in 40 minutes or less when one side steamrolls everyone, captures the entire family and then execute/banishes them.

I'd vote for the Seven Kingdoms time as per Leonardo... though if we do High Lords (Dukes) we should ban players from being Targaryens due to overpowered dragon rider mechanics!

Do people prefer in this sort of case custom or canon houses?

And not that there's any problem in a quick session of Rob's Rebellion or BF or Dance, it just will be over essentially after a single play session without some ground rules like letting houses bend the knee.

Canon with a custom start ruler

We may end up with a lot of genius dwarfs but you need a good first ruler or there is little to do aside from wait for claims ;D

I am with Leo here. Roberts Rebellion, Blackfyre Rebellion etc are all basically 'win or lose' scenarios which will at worst end in 40 minutes or less when one side steamrolls everyone, captures the entire family and then execute/banishes them.

I'd vote for the Seven Kingdoms time as per Leonardo... though if we do High Lords (Dukes) we should ban players from being Targaryens due to overpowered dragon rider mechanics!

Do people prefer in this sort of case custom or canon houses?

I don't think I even HAVE Ruler Designer. I thought I'd gotten it but apparently all I can do is give my character haircuts.

That's only the case if you play as a Targaryen. The Tyrell's were on the losing side of the rebellion and they turned out just fine.

That's only the case if you play as a Targaryen. The Tyrell's were on the losing side of the rebellion and they turned out just fine.

Canonically yes but in CK2 it makes more sense to take their heads or face potential rebellion later. Also Dorne and the North both got really screwed and were on opposing sides of the war.

Just a note... Version 0.9.5 came out last night so if we're going to do this, update. :)

But how about we do the first bookmark which is set in the century of blood as Count (Lord) level houses, custom or otherwise? Will let us take a look at the world from low point, and focus more on growth and such... though as a player I am status quo kind of guy!

Archived