Can George finish the books before the show?

Tha Dogg Pound

I doubt it. But I think you're overstating how fast he wrote the first three books. Remember, it was supposed to be one book that he wrote from 1991 to 1999. There's a noticable drop in pace, but it's not as drastic as some suggest.

If you look it that way, the 2nd part of his original plan for ASOIAF (A Dance with Dragons) took him 11 years and it's not even complete yet.

It isn't likely that HBO cares that much about the hurt feeling of devout readers of ASoIaF. I get it. I don't think they will have a problem with spoiling the rest of the books for us.

Still, a boy can dream. I would love to see the elimination of book spoilers by setting up some flashbacks.

Dunk & Egg stories come to life would be amazing. I would also love to see the series' adaptation of Robert's Rebellion.

And who wouldn't love to see the Dance of the Dragons?

More than likely, the fanboys and girls of the HBO show would whine and the ratings would suffer. So, it's probably not a realistic option.

It isn't likely that HBO cares that much about the hurt feeling of devout readers of ASoIaF. I get it. I don't think they will have a problem with spoiling the rest of the books for us.

Still, a boy can dream. I would love to see the elimination of book spoilers by setting up some flashbacks.

Dunk & Egg stories come to life would be amazing. I would also love to see the series' adaptation of Robert's Rebellion.

And who wouldn't love to see the Dance of the Dragons?

More than likely, the fanboys and girls of the HBO show would whine and the ratings would suffer. So, it's probably not a realistic option.

Yeah cus its hell HBO's fault for doing business. Blame Grrm, not HBO, c'mon, you know that. You can preach "I've been faithful how could they spoil us" but the fault lies squarely at George's door for selling them the rights when it was obvious that even then the series wouldn't be finished by then.

Not a realistic option at all, and even some book readers can't wait for the show's ending.

Yeah cus its hell HBO's fault for doing business. Blame Grrm, not HBO, c'mon, you know that. You can preach "I've been faithful how could they spoil us" but the fault lies squarely at George's door for selling them the rights when it was obvious that even then the series wouldn't be finished by then.

Not a realistic option at all, and even some book readers can't wait for the show's ending.

Um, I'm not blaming anyone. Nor am I preaching.

And I don't blame GRRM for anything, either.

Did you just power-read my above post without taking half a second to think about what it meant before posting?

Um, I'm not blaming anyone. Nor am I preaching.

And I don't blame GRRM for anything, either.

Did you just power-read my above post without taking half a second to think about what it meant before posting?

Nope. I posted thta 7 minutes, while you're original post is now at 13 minutes when I am writing this. It was at the 3 minute mark when I first read it.

But yes, the fault lies in me and I apologise.

Mild form of dyslexia, I have, to be simple about it. Not an attempt to guilt you or anything, just a mistake. Sometimes a sentence will always look different to the way it is haha. Yes I pulled that card :P.

Anyway, they don't care about spoiling the series, and really they shouldn't.

Archived