Can George finish the books before the show?

Tha Dogg Pound

That's the tricky part, I'd say, to filter the actual spoilers from the stupid shit. This season's going to drive me crazy, I swear

dude, same here. Whats going to be tough, is not theorizing what we're seeing to what we're lacking, book-wise. There could be some good meaty answers that just wont happen, you know?

It is not physically impossible. Yet. And that's the most optimistic thing I can say about our hopes for the future.

I can see why these threads are mercilessly locked.

Yes it is. It is physically impossible.

Every discussion I have ever seen on the this subject dealt with whether or not GRRM could finish The Winds of Winter before the show ended. That one is still possible (Although not likely, imo). But another entire book written and published after that by 2017? Nuh uh.

Maybe, but not before Season 6 is written and shot.

point taken. though, george may be more hands-on as thats going on. the final steps of a book are a few months, supposedly. He may have finished it and not released it yet, while season 6 is taping.

WHAT are you TALKING about?! :o

Karl fooking Tanner was the greatest character in the entire series. He was the LEGEND of Gin Alley! Rh'llor rest his mother's beloved soul.

Actually, when Brienne met the Hound and saw Arya, i was instantly: :o and granted, that fight was badass. And it ended as it should have, Arya leaving Sandor and Sandor's "death" left open. It's perfect, and it furthermore makes me think he'll be returning. Otherwise it hink they would have killed him off completely, if he was just meant to be an easter egg gravedigger. D&D dont do easter eggs.

i was pretty torn on that scene. in the books it made a lot more sense that arya left him. he does still protect her and all, but the two are nowhere near as buddy buddy about it. not saying i didnt enjoy the change but when their final scene came to pass, i thought it didnt make as much sense for arya to act like that. i was thinking the same thing though, that it was open ended for a reason. unfortunately the injuries they showed him get, his leg being badly injured and ear taken off, could be the easter egg since those were some of the book wounds.

anyway, i really doubt martin finishes the book series before the hbo finishes the tv series. supposedly the tv series is planned for 7 seasons, which is also what all the main actors are currently signed on for. as depressing as it is we dont know if martin will finish twow before the tv series is over. not to mention theres a rumor that martin is considering making an 8th book if he cant wrap everything up.

unfortunately the injuries they showed him get, his leg being badly injured and ear taken off, could be the easter egg since those were some of the book wounds.

well no i mean him "reappearing" later on as a gravedigger is the easter egg. it's not really something d&d do, otherwise we'd have patchface, the ghost of high heart, and coldhands.

well no i mean him "reappearing" later on as a gravedigger is the easter egg. it's not really something d&d do, otherwise we'd have patchface, the ghost of high heart, and coldhands.

ahh, gotcha. ya, if they put the gravedigger in as an easter egg i feel like that would greatly improve the odds that sandor does return to the fold. i couldnt see them doing it as a strait fan service to the books if it has no real effect on the story.

ahh, gotcha. ya, if they put the gravedigger in as an easter egg i feel like that would greatly improve the odds that sandor does return to the fold. i couldnt see them doing it as a strait fan service to the books if it has no real effect on the story.

realistically, i dont see the gravedigger thing happening. however, with how open sandor's end was, it increases the odds of him returning as a major character in book form, because i think d&d wouldve just killed him off in that moment if he didnt serve a purpose.

7 seasons isn't confirmed, is it? Why are people saying 2017?

it kinda was. season 5 - 2015, season 6 - 2016, and season 7 - 2017. d&d signed up with hbo confirmed for 7 seasons

of course, i would expect if things go well, expanding it wouldnt be out of the question.

I mean, it's not impossible. But it's far from likely. Or realistic. Hell, I'd say there's a better chance of the rapture actually happening than George finishing the books before the show comes to an end. The only thing I can say for sure: he'll finish the books before the Cubs win the World Series.

7 seasons isn't confirmed, is it? Why are people saying 2017?

It pretty much is.

As to the OP and everyone else, if you think S5 is bad, just wait for the filming of S6. That's when the real spoilers will begin. For example, only a glimpse of Kit Harrington filming will pretty much kill most of the suspension of Dance. Sansa filming with Vale Knights, with her hair red or black, depending on which color, will be a spoiler. This year is the year we might find out most of the answers about Winds, one way or another.

Archived