Did Lyanna run away for love or prophecy?

Alex Storm

Plus, the "damsel in distress kidnapped by an evil prince and sealed away in a tower" is like the oldest trope of fantasy, and we all know how much our dear GRRM loves tropes and would never, ever, ever defy them. Not in a million years. Nuh-uh.

Of course, forbidden lovers running away to elope and defying their families who have other plans is also a pretty old trope. 2,007 years old at least.

So, basically your argument that she didn't run away is actually that it will make her worse than being pure as the snow? I am sorry, but that is not an argument. That is just a desire...

If you read the part that you didn't bold you would see that my argument was not that.

My argument was that any sane person would dismiss Rhaegar's story about his prophecy as the ravings of a madman, especially since Rhaegar has no evidence.

If you read the part that you didn't bold you would see that my argument was not that.

My argument was that any sane person would dismiss Rhaegar's story about his prophecy as the ravings of a madman, especially since Rhaegar has no evidence.

I was speaking about your opinion regarding Lyanna's motivation, not Rhaegar's. And just to be clear, I did read your post.

Archived