Power of The Seven?

#GreatOther

They both are real and are not.

They are real, in that, they influence the characters

But are not real in the way that they will never act directly.

The Mother saves Davos (indirectly)

The Faceless men kill Balon to jump start the Choosing (Faceless God/Drowned God indirectly. Drowned god needs a new leader, death lends its hand)

The Hound finds solitude in the Monastery of the Seven

The old Gods/Rhllor are pretty self explanatory.

I believe there is a spectrum

Ice--------Man (The Seven, Drowned, Faceless are Gods of men)----------Fire

Its about balance and I think the Gods of men (The gods we created) are serving man in its attempt to find balance between the two primal forces which, if left unchallenged, would reign supreme.

Thus why Jon = Ice AND Fire

You asked the difference between criticizing false knights versus criticizing their ideals they espouse but fail to follow. So I explained the difference, using rape as an example.

I'm amazed I need to explain this further.

So how about answering my question: Do you support or oppose the ideals of knighthood? Do you think warriors should defend the weak? Or practice "might makes right" as they rape and pillage?

I still don't understand that explanation of why it's different.

No I don't think warriors should defend the weak, warriors are meant for war. That's what they are for, that's what knights are for.

Their purpose is to be soldiers for wars, their purpose is not to defend the weak.

It seems like you are saying let's judge the kindness and humanity of the religion by a few quotes in their holy texts.

Let's ignore any of the corruption and abuse of power.

I'd guess the Sevens "ideals" are pretty similar to Christianity and Catholicism since GRRM says it's partly inspired by them.

I certainly wouldn't judge Christianity by plucking out a few bible verse about feeding the poor, the impact both good and bad of Christianity on the world is and has been massive and can't be summed up by quoting a few bible verses and calling them the ideals of the religion.

Archived