What happened to Craters sons before the Others awoke?

Red Typer of Dorne

Then again, the show is also confirmed to make stuff up that has nothing to do with the books, so maybe some skepticism is in order?

It can go either way, I think.

The book *does* hint about the Sons being sacrificed to The Others, and than the show has a scene along those lines.

It can go either way...either the show is building on something that will be revealed in later books, or the show simply could be taking its own direction based one a few lines in the books. I guess we'll find out when WOW is released.

It can go either way, I think.

The book *does* hint about the Sons being sacrificed to The Others, and than the show has a scene along those lines.

It can go either way...either the show is building on something that will be revealed in later books, or the show simply could be taking its own direction based one a few lines in the books. I guess we'll find out when WOW is released.

The book explicitly says. The only question is whether you consider Craster's wives to be a reliable source of information as to what he is doing with their boys.

Gilly was crying. Me and the babe. Please. Ill be your wife, like I was Crasters. Please, ser crow. Hes a boy, just like Nella said hed be. If you dont take him, they will.

They? said Sam, and the raven cocked its black head and echoed, They. They. They .

The boys brothers, said the old woman on the left. Crasters sons. The white colds rising out there, crow. I can feel it in my bones. These poor old bones don't lie. They'll be here soon, the sons. (ASoS 505)

ALL his first born sons over many years were left out in the cold for the Others. He must have had 30 women with him in the TV show, that's 30 or so baby boys by my reckoning that would help swell the Others ranks. They will become the equiverlant of a Westeros knight leading their undead infantry into battle with ice spiders acting as wall walking cavalry methinks....

Archived