Cersei will become an eyesore

Balerion the kitten

I've been looking about these forums and I've saw lots of candidates for the younger more beautiful queen. I've always thought it was cersei as she's in the process of casting herself down.

A lot of the problems with some of these candidates is the fact that this queen is supposed to take everything Cersei loves, and Cersei is already in the process of losing them without the contribution of some of these people (Daenerys, Arya, Jeyne, so on).

And then this got me thinking about what exactly does Cersei hold dear. And the answer to that is her beauty. And of course her children, but she only really loves them as she thinks they are extensions of herself.

So to explain how she'll lose her beauty I'm going to very briefly go over the parallels between her and Aerys.

The first and most obvious one is the obsession with fire. Not going to give any quotes other wise this would go on for ages.

The second is their personality.

A handsome youth, Aerys fought gallantly in the stepstones during the war of the Ninepenny kings. Though not the most diligent of princes, nor the most intelligent, he had an undeniable charm that won him many friends

This is a fair summary of Cersei before all the crap in AGoT. She's beautiful (he's handsome), she has a certain charm and personality that attracts people to her (as seen with Sansa when she almost admired her at the beginning, maybe I'm wrong). She's not very hard-working or intelligent, Cersei acts on the first idea that pops into her head without giving much thought to the consequences.

He was also vain, proud and changeable, traits that made him easy prey for flatterers and lickspittles

Perfect summary of Cersei.

Part of him was glad to put kings landing behind him. He had no taste for the company of the lickspittles and fools that surrounded Cersei

As for flatterers, Cersei tells Taena all of her plans because she tells Cersei how beautiful and smart she is. Cersei even views taena as her only friend

Aerys did not lack ambition. Upon his coronation, he declared the wish to be the greatest king in the history of the seven kingdoms

I shall be greater though. A thousand years from now, when the maesters write about this time, you shall be remembered only as Queen Cersei's sire

Lastly both of their paranoia's started to grow when they lost their children.

Cersei when joffrey died and Aerys when Prince Jaehaerys died.

So profound was his Graces joy that it seemed to restore his old self once again... but Prince Jaehaerys died later that same year, plunging Aerys into despair. In his black rage, he decided that the babe's wetnurse was to blame and had the women beheaded. Not long after, in a change of heart, Aerys announced that Jaehaerys had been poisoned by his own mistress, the pretty young daughter of his household knights. The king had the girl and her kin tortured to death

It then goes on to say Viserys was born and Aerys became fearful and obsessive over his new born son and became suspicious of everyone around them, thinking they might kill Viserys. (Tommen-Cersei)

Now onto my original point, Cersei losing her beauty. It came to my head that the younger more beautiful queen is her current self, not the one years ago. The idea being Cersei's madness will have such an impact on her health that she will lose all of her beauty. As Aerys did himself. Therefore taking one of the things she holds dear.

Uncut and Unwashed, his hair grew ever longer and more tangled, whilst his finger nails lengthened and thickened into grotesque yellow talons

any of those who were shocked and appalled when they saw what had become of their monarch. His long yellow fingernails, tangled beard, and robes of unwashed, matted hair made the extent of the Kings madness plain to all

So is it possible that Cersei due to her madness she will lose what she holds especially dear, her beauty? Due to the parallels between her and Aerys.

Sorry if I'm wrong or this is well known.

Edit- Changed the title.

There are a bunch of parallels with Cersei and Aerys, which give rise to the A+J=C+J, I like A+J=T better. Off topic.

I agree with everything you said, except I just don't think there is enough time for Cersei to devolve into anything close to Aerys as far as appearance and I don't think the looks will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I don't actually think that's what your saying and some of it has happened, she shaved her head and when she was doing her penance walk, she wasn't this amazing beauty because of stretch marks and father time. I just think she values her children, respect, house name and certainly power ahead of her looks.

I think it's gonna come down to losing her children and power as what she truly holds dear, whether Tommen or Mycella or both die, causing her to go batshit crazy, maybe burn down the city or something very Aerys like and get strangled by the valonquar (who I think is Jamie, although I'm starting to think more about Tommen, maybe a scenario where he casts her out or if it is revealed he is her incest baby)

I've noticed similarities between Aerys and Cersei before, but not quite this many. As to her losing her beauty, I see this as already having begun. During the Walk of Shame; her hair is shaved and her aging body is out in the open for all to see.

By the way, this thread just gave me a nasty theory. After Tommen and Myrcella die, she pulls a "Aerion Brightflame" and attempts to commit suicide ala wildfire (in an attempt to destroy KL as well?), but her plan goes awry resulting in her having terrible burns all over her body, disfiguring her. It would be karmic, given that she laughed at Loras having been burned on Dragonstone.

As to her losing her beauty, I see this as already having begun. During the Walk of Shame; her hair is shaved and her aging body is out in the open for all to see.

^ This. Her beauty was metaphorically lost when she was exposed to the entire city. The mystery and its allure are gone.

I've noticed similarities between Aerys and Cersei before, but not quite this many. As to her losing her beauty, I see this as already having begun. During the Walk of Shame; her hair is shaved and her aging body is out in the open for all to see.

^ This. Her beauty was metaphorically lost when she was exposed to the entire city. The mystery and its allure are gone.

My bad. I guess I was going a little over board on how she would lose more of her beauty.

My bad. I guess I was going a little over board on how she would lose more of her beauty.

No worries, theories are theories. And we may well see her looks decline further ... especially if she is tossed in the black cells or some such. I just subscribe to the notion that the 'beauty' part of the prophesy has been fulfilled by the walk 'o' shame. On a different note; the comparison between Aerys and Cersei is apt.

No worries, theories are theories. And we may well see her looks decline further ... especially if she is tossed in the black cells or some such. I just subscribe to the notion that the 'beauty' part of the prophesy has been fulfilled by the walk 'o' shame. On a different note; the comparison between Aerys and Cersei is apt.

Thanks.

I mostly agree with what everyone in the thread has already said. But I agree with you, Balerion, in that I think Cersei herself might be the YMBQ, since her younger self kind of already royally screwed herself over.

It would definitely be fitting, after all Cersei blames everyone for everything. This prophecy only encourages her to do so. So it would be a nice conclusion if it was Cersei and all along there was no one to blame but herself.

Archived