Egg's Wife

Dream Wind

So I was just going through a Re-read and noticed that egg's wife black betha was not mentioned to be at summerhall at the time so are there any theories about her? Secondly Ser Davos' galley is called black betha which is destroyed by wildfire so is that a parallel and probably Summerhall is just wild fire gone wrong?

So I was just going through a Re-read and noticed that egg's wife black betha was not mentioned to be at summerhall at the time so are there any theories about her? Secondly Ser Davos' galley is called black betha which is destroyed by wildfire so is that a parallel and probably Summerhall is just wild fire gone wrong?

I noticed the name of Davos' galley too. I didn't draw a parallel between Battle of the Blackwater and Summerhall, in the sense of wildfire gone wrong. Good catch!

It's not completely known who all died at Summerhall. We know that Duncan the Tall and Aegon V died, along with his son, Duncan Targaryen, and the latter's wife, Jenny. Others are known to have died, but their names haven't been mentioned yet.

In regards to theories, there is a theory that Betha Blackwood was the sister of Melantha Blackwood, wife to Willam Stark. If the theory is correct, the current Stark children are fourth cousins to all of Rhaegar's children, with Lyanna and Rhaegar being third cousins. I guess we'll have to wait until "She-Wolves of Winterfell" (the next D&E short story) to be published in order to find out.

Archived