You are the last Dragonlord, restore Valyria.

TimJames

That is a horrible plan, you would just get rekt by Yi Ti.

There's no way you are getting wrecked with three fully grown dragons.

Also, the plan to take over Essos is dumb in general. No doubt some free city prince will pay a FM to kill you so what's the point.

Although dragons are great, they're not completely invulnerable, and Aegon only has three*. Part of the reason Aegon's invasion of Westeros was successful was not just that he had dragons and the Westerosi didn't, but that the Westerosi had no real experience with dragons either or how to fight them. Even then, the Dornish managed to take one of them out. In the Dance, several dragons were killed without the intervention of other dragons: during the storming of the Dragonpit, of course, but also at the Battle of the Gullet where Vermax was taken out either through miscalculation or enemy archers (or both).

The Rhoynar took out three dragons in a single battle with assistance from their own magic. It took a lot more than three dragons to take them down. Yi Ti might well have similar capability if you're foolish enough to attack them on their home turf.

Essos in the aftermath of the Doom is likely much better-equipped to handle dragons than the Westerosi are, which might have been why the Targaryens remained in Westeros rather than returning to Essos.

*Although as I've mentioned elsewhere, or does he? He only has three dragonriders but do we know for certain that some other dragons later mentioned as being old and powerful (specifically Meleys and Caraxes) were not at least alive at the time of the Conquest, just young and/or unridden?

Here's my plan.

First, I'll subdue Braavos with neither declaration of war nor any other kind of advance warning. The first priority will be the House of Black and White, then after that I'll raise the rest of the city to the mothertrucking ground! Carthago delenda est!!!

Having said that, I'll still avoid burning the Iron Bank: not out of mercy, just so I my soldiers can confiscate all the money from the bank to use as funds. Down. To. The. Last. Penny!

But anyone else who survives will be spared: by this I mean I'll enslave them. Valuable ones like Iron Bank Accountants and Courtesans will be part of my personal collection, but the other ones will come in handy when I head for Volantis.

In Volantis my sisters and I will declare ourselves Triarch for Life, and also declare that the Triarchies are now hereditary positions. Very few will argue with this because 1. we have dragons, 2. we know how to use them (see Braavos above), and 3. we brought a shitload of money (see The Iron Bank above).

I'll be sure to convert to the worship of the Red God to ensure I have the support of the biggest religion in Essos, and even donate some of the less valuable slaves I got from Braavos so as to really seal the deal.

With Volantis backing me, I'll strike at Lys, Myr, Tyrosh, and Pentos. I'll try to spare Lys the worst of it as that city is one of the few populations with the Valyrian Ethnicity. Once the Southwest is under my firm control, Qorther, Noorvos, and Loreath will fall next. After that, I will strike at Mantarys, Tolosi, and Elyria. Then at Meereen, Yunkai, and Astapor (these last three cities are allow to pay taxes with slaves in leu of coin).

During these wars, I'll offer each city the same choice: surrender or die a fiery death.

Meanwhile, one of my sisters will be keeping Volantis from revolting and the other sister will be holding back the Dothraki.

Once all is said and done, I will rebuild the infrastructure to be a real city. I will commission intensive building projects; great libraries, fighting pits, zoological and botanical gardens, aqueducts, temples, statues, pyromancers, the works. I want Qarth to look like a dung coated pigsty by comparison.

I will enact a welfare system in the city of Volantis encouraging those of Valyrian Blood to have as many children as possible as often as possible. Poor Valyrians who have ten or more children with white hair will get a 25% tax deduction. Middle class Valyrians who have ten or more children with white hair will get 20% tax deduction, Rich Valyrians who have ten or more children will get 5% tax deduction.

After fifteen years, I will start encouraging the youth bulge to colonize the ruins of Braavos and Old Ghis. I will also use fire to clear the stone men out of Rhoyne so I can send Valyrians to colonize those ruins as well.

Finally, I'll conquer the Souther Half of Westeros and install my bastard brother and his bloodline as Viceroy. The North will be left independent so we can raid them for slaves.

Archived