You are the last Dragonlord, restore Valyria.

TimJames

You are in the shoes of Ageon the conqueror. You and your two wife-sisters stand poised to conquer, only instead of heading West to unite the Seven Kingdoms you decided to head East to reforge the Valyrian Empire.

How do you go about doing this? What's your plan?

Honestly? As said above, I would probably join Volantis in restoring the Freehold. Otherwise I wouldn't, not yet anyway. If I was Aegon I would take a good look at myself and think there are three of us (Targaryens) and three dragons. There needs to be more, so first thing to do is try to have several children and dragons to go with them, this is assuming Aegon was fertile (its kind of implied he was not too fertile). Secondly, I would consider that Valyria was built on more that just the might of dragons, but also on sorcery, so I would start gathering as much magical knowledge as I could and start practicing it, and I would pass this knowledge onto my heirs with the hope they would continue the practice. Ultimately, if this was done, I think that a true New Valyria would rise and take its rightful place as the dominant force in world at some point in the future.

Honestly? As said above, I would probably join Volantis in restoring the Freehold. Otherwise I wouldn't, not yet anyway. If I was Aegon I would take a good look at myself and think there are three of us (Targaryens) and three dragons. There needs to be more, so first thing to do is try to have several children and dragons to go with them, this is assuming Aegon was fertile (its kind of implied he was not too fertile). Secondly, I would consider that Valyria was built on more that just the might of dragons, but also on sorcery, so I would start gathering as much magical knowledge as I could and start practicing it, and I would pass this knowledge onto my heirs with the hope they would continue the practice. Ultimately, if this was done, I think that a true New Valyria would rise and take its rightful place as the dominant force in world at some point in the future.

Well, simce he had children I'm gonna go ahead and assume he is not infertile

Well, simce he had children I'm gonna go ahead and assume he is not infertile

The theory runs that Aenys was conceived of one of Rhaenys's favourites (she was rumoured to have had adulterous affairs) and that Maegor was conceived by magic. I don't find it particularly convincing (the former might have some legs, but the latter is a stretch) but it's out there.

First, try to establish good relations with Braavos, and so as to deal with the FM so you don't get whacked. Volantis would be the best place to start as they are actively trying to recreate the Valyrian empire.

Shock and awe. Attack Volantis or Bravos out of the blue, burn the entire city to a crisp with the dragons and scare everyone into submission.

Launch constant slave raids onto Summer isles and use slaves to restore what you destroyed and what was lost in the doom.

Simple really :D

First I assault the former lands of Ghis while they are cut loose and dissolved.

Then I turn towards the Free Cities.

The reason why Volantis didn't try to take back the Eastern territories was because of the Dothraki. The Dothraki after all went on a rampage almost immediately after Valyria was destroyed. It would be suicide to try and take them on.

The reason why Volantis didn't try to take back the Eastern territories was because of the Dothraki. The Dothraki after all went on a rampage almost immediately after Valyria was destroyed. It would be suicide to try and take them on.

Not if you have dragons. A single dragon rider could easily wipe out an entire Khalasar, as he would be able to rain fire and death upon them and the Dothraki wouldn't be able to shoot their bows high enough to down his dragon.

Rippounet@ Remember that if the enemy research heresy then your priests will be neutrilized.

In all seriousness you should probably go to Volantis and claim rulership by the virtue of being the last dragonlord, after that you have one of the free cities and could conquer the rest like Aegon historically conquered the seven kingdoms. You would probably meet a lot less resistance due to Culture due to the fact that they have long been under the command of Valyria and so you would not have to adapt as much (although it would probably be best to convert to R'hollorianism).

Ok first things first i burn the faclessmens house of black and white to the very ground without warning but reassure the people of bravos i have no interest in their enslavement

Next as volantis has volunteered to assist il take their help (huge city and fleet and tyrion says its nearby towns are as big as cities in westeros so its huge manpower pool)

I covert to the lord of light thus nulifying the threat of the fire priests and the fantical following throughout essos and maybe even gain more assistance as well as those who can see visions

Next one of my sisters will patrol the skies around volantis and burn any dothraki horde that comes within volantine borders , the other il send to scorch all over the rhoynes banks and desserted cities on constant runs to help cull all the remaining stone men

Personaly Il fly to vales dothrak and leave nothing but ash in the one unifying thing the dohtraki have and slaughter any horde i fly over there and back .

The free cities il threaten but also allow their independence as long as tribute is paid (qhohor weapons, tyrosi armour ,novosi eared guardsmen etc) and the disputed lands no longer fought over , volantis fleet will be sent as well as one dragon to intimidate the summer islands to do the same...no slaves but a large shipment of their bows regularly and in return no dragonfire.

Next a trip east to burn the house of the undying and subdue the greatest city on planetos quarth, on to slavers bay where as well as threatening to roast them il demand astophor arms its unsullied in a more modern fashion, trains them to fight in a more modern fashion and no longer castrates them ....1/10th of the new crop is to be sent yearly to the kingdom of sanor who in return for this new anti dothraki force and no dragonfire also bend the knee to me.

then seperate campigns to subdue yiti and the far east etc

after that westeros !

Archived