Quick Question

I just read something on the wiki, about Quaithe and what she says to Dany (you know, the whole north sout east west thing), and something sticks out. At one point she says 'to touch the light, you must pass beneath the shadow'. Now, I always thought the shadow had something to do with one of her dragons (Drogon specifically), but now I just read the going to Asshai was referred to as 'pass beneath the shadow.' So, does "touch the light" mean that Lightbringer is in Asshai, and Dany must go there to retrieve it? George said we wont be visiting Asshai, but seriously, could that be what it means?

I don't think she's going into the city of Asshai, but I think she's going to sail around it, or "beneath" it so to speak, and sail west around the globe to the western banks of Westeros. It also fits with the whole "To go east you must go west" warning.

Well to tell us a prophecy and then to give us an answer right after would be bad writing on GRRM's part.

There was a good video on it, that I recently watched, and it was basically saying the prophecy was a fancy/poetic way for telling her to look back at her targ history and accept who she is. Rather than it being outright directions.

Edit- if you're interested it's called "what's up with quaithe"

No character is going father east than they have already been, so not only is she not going to Ashai but she is not sailing around the world either. It would be a much longer journey anyway. We have no idea what it means, it may mean the shadow of Valyria, it may mean a shadow cast by Drogon, it could mean the shadow cast by the wall, it could be anything.

Archived