The powers that be + Mutineers, oathbreakers, kinslayers etc (B&S spoilers)

Pigeon Pie

One of the themes of this series is the punishment of oathbreakers, kinslayers, mutineers, betrayers of guest right... etc.

Whatever you believe about the gods in this series, they all seem not-so-fond of those mentioned above. We see the rat cook legend about the guy who betrayed guest right, we're told many times that no man is so accursed as the kinslayer... and we actually see karma turn on those people in the series pretty badly. To mention a few examples, the night's watch deserters and mutineers, the horrible things that happened/seem to be coming to most kinslayers we know of (Robb, Robert, Tyrion, Stannis), and many examples from the books like LS' treatment of the Frays and Wyman Manderly's...

By that logic, I think we know a bunch of mutineers that killed not only their sworn brother, but also their Lord Commander they swore to obey. And it doesn't matter that they see him as a traitor and not themselves... that doesn't change what they are.

Will season 6 see the coming down of the wall, or at least a mortal battle between those dudes and the WW's formidable army? Will we see their blood run on the snow too very soon? Or will it be Melisandre, taking their lives not only as punishment, but to resurrect Jon? Or will it be Ghost?

Lots of discussions about Jon Snow's resurrection.

There are a few scenarios that might happen at the Wall, but yes you are right about bad things happening to people that did something like that...

As to me, Jon will eventually be back, or better say, Kit will come back in seasons 7.. I do believe the directors and Kit did a bit of language play, or they lied directly

To me the whole Ice and fire thing does not make any sense without Jon.. And I strongly believe in R+L=J theory, which is the only possible after we saw all the signs, hints and dreams..

I think melisandre went to the wall because there is no other safe way to go back in essos, she couldn't go south with Stannis for obvious reasons, and even if she went south avoiding him and his army she risked to meet some good bolton's man who could have raped her for good, east and west too risky because she does not know the land, so then go back to CB then eastwatch then braavos, maybe...there she'll see again Arya

I don't think she'll resurrect Jon, only two people have the powa to resurrect: the Night's King and Thoros. Jon will be inside ghost for a good portion of season 6 maybe all of that

There will be a feud between wildlings and the crows, since they are 4about 40 or 50 against 5000 I let you guess who will win, I don't know how the zombies will crush down the wall, maybe they find the horn of Joramun, then after that total ice-mayhem in the North

I'm glad a thread on this topic has been started, I find it really interesting!

I feel that this will be the main theme of next season (if it's true that Walder Frey will return) then in season 7 they can focus on the war of dawn etc. I doubt that the Watch, Boltons and Freys will be left standing at the end due what they have done. It has kind of been set up already by the 'death' of Stannis!

I have often wondered if Tyrion is doomed due to him killing his own father. Perhaps he will be the major death next season. As much as I like Tyrion (he is my favourite character) he should ultimately be subjected to the same fate as all the over kinslayers!

Archived