About Jon Snow NOT being Azor Ahai (and where I think it leads him)

Victor Y.

I think dreams should be taken very carefuly, even more than prophecies. Unlike prophecies, dreams do not necessarily have that magical component, and can be used more as a way to talk about how the characters feel at their deepest, and not just about what sort of mysterious events they could eventually see themselves involved into.

And of course, knowing the kind of author GRRM is, it's very safe to assume that he'll eventually use this to intentionally generate doubt within his storytelling

Agree, I was only pointing out that Jon is not the only one with strange (maybe prophetic) dreams.
and there are so many dreams in the books that I am really looking forward to reading the resolutions of these in TWOW, as soon as it is released. Some of these mysteries will be resolved in this book, for sure.

Agree, I was only pointing out that Jon is not the only one with strange (maybe prophetic) dreams.
and there are so many dreams in the books that I am really looking forward to reading the resolutions of these in TWOW, as soon as it is released. Some of these mysteries will be resolved in this book, for sure.

Yes, I see your point, and probably in the end some dreams will turn out to be prophecies in disguise. What I said about dreams was partially a response to JonAhai as well, regarding what he said about Jon's dream about a fiery red blade being only a way for GRRM to mess with us all.

As for Bran, why did the Wights try to kill him if he's a tool for the Others?.

Why would coldhands help him, if he's an undead?
My point here is: there is still a lot we don't know about the White Walkers/Wights, and it's very hard to make assumptions. Maybe the Wights are just irrational magical beings designed to attack every living human being they cross paths with. And maybe Coldhands' job was to get Bran to Bloodraven's cave in safety, making sure that the Stark boy will eventually become the weapon that the White Walkers need for the war to come.

• 8 months later...

Archived