Is Young Griff really Aegon?

Rickyhunt

I don't think so, how could Varys have known that the pisswater prince's head was going to be smashed and thus leave his body unrecognisable to trick everyone into thinking he was dead?

I have never understood this objection. Where does Varys ever say that he ever intended Aegon's survival to have been a secret? Unless I'm misremembering, it's the fans who decided that Aegon's survival was supposed to be a secret when AFAIR Varys never says Aegon's survival needed to be a secret. Therefore it's the fans who decided that Aegon's face needed to be smashed in to ensure Varys' plan that no one would notice that Aegon had been swapped out.

And really, why does it need to have been a secret? Everyone knew that Viserys and Dany were alive all throughout Robert's reign and no one went after them until Dany married a man with a 100,000 person army. They were completely content to let them be as long as they stayed away from Westoros and didn't present a threat. So no reason to think that if Aegon had been known to have survived that the knives would have come out and everyone would have rushed to kill Aegon in Essos. He was no more of a threat than Dany and Viserys as long as he stayed in Essos and didn't get any armies

Archived