Inside Game of Thrones Prosthetics

Westeros

Continuing the trend of highlighting the behind-the-scenes production of HBO’s Game of Thrones series, they have now released an interesting mini-documentary on the work of the prosthetics department. A whole lot of white walkers and wights to be seen. Interestingly, much of the white walker footage is from last season’s “Hardome”:

Suffice it to say, some of the glimpses of season 6 herein could be considered spoilerish.

Visit the Site!

Very interesting! Does anyone know if the Thenn with the green on his face is part of the new season or from season 5? I know he was in season 4 and 5 but I'm talking specifically about why his face would be half green-screened.

5 hours ago, Knute said:

Very interesting! Does anyone know if the Thenn with the green on his face is part of the new season or from season 5? I know he was in season 4 and 5 but I'm talking specifically about why his face would be half green-screened.

I'm not an expert on special effects, but what i do know is that the green-screened allows for people to edit and add in post-production editing program. I'm saying this coming from my experience when my film teacher told me during my filming assignment that if i want to change the background into a forest, i have to film in a room with a green screen behind so i can change the background to a real looking forest. Otherwise, if i only film with a white wall, then the background wouldn't be possible to edit unless you want to film at a real place instead of adding special effects or CGI.

Archived