[SPOILERS] House of Undying prophecy partially fulfilled in Book of the Stranger

This is my first post so please forgive me if I break etiquette.

I was revisiting the House of the Undying prophecy when this line of the prophecy struck me: 

". . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . ."

The first fire was the burning of Khal Drogo, which brought life to the dragons.

The second fire was the burning of the Dosh Khaleen temple, which brought about the death of the Khals.

The third is yet to be determined.

So, I think in episode 4 we saw a portion of the House of the Undying prophecy fulfilled. I just hadn't seen anyone else discussing this and thought others may find it interesting as well. Interested to hear the thoughts of others on this topic. Thanks.

If there's one prophecy that was fulfilled, it was the Stallion prophecy. Deenerys effectively became The Stallion who Mounts the World. Which also relates to one of her visions in the House of the Undying:

"Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lane and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed"

Just now, adiman83 said:

If there's one prophecy that was fulfilled, it was the Stallion prophecy. Deenerys effectively became The Stallion who Mounts the World. Which also relates to one of her visions in the House of the Undying:

"Beneath the Mother of Mountains, a line of naked crones crept from a great lane and knelt shivering before her, their grey heads bowed"

You are correct, that scene likely fulfilled several prophecies.

Also, the "to go west (westeros) you must go east (Vaes Dothrak)" and "to go forward (on to concur westeros) you must first go back (Vaes Dothrak)" were satisfied.

17 hours ago, Kingslayer05 said:

This is my first post so please forgive me if I break etiquette.

I was revisiting the House of the Undying prophecy when this line of the prophecy struck me: 

". . . three fires must you light . . . one for life and one for death and one to love . . ."

The first fire was the burning of Khal Drogo, which brought life to the dragons.

The second fire was the burning of the Dosh Khaleen temple, which brought about the death of the Khals.

The third is yet to be determined.

So, I think in episode 4 we saw a portion of the House of the Undying prophecy fulfilled. I just hadn't seen anyone else discussing this and thought others may find it interesting as well. Interested to hear the thoughts of others on this topic. Thanks.

Nice post man, and welcome to this place. 

I think you are right regarding the prophecies. 

They are vague enough however, that they are really open to tons of easy interpretation. 

I tend to view that specific one as the same as you though - the two fires so far have been Drogo's pyre and the Temple of the Dosh Khaleen. 

Her third is probably going to be epic - burning down an entire city, or all of Slaver's Bay, or something crazy like that. 

Archived