The Starkgaryen Effect

Asvpxkvng

12 hours ago, GravyFace said:

I don't think it's a plot device to allow Dany to side with the Starks against the WW. Dany would be fighting against them either way. She wouldn't allow them to ravage Westeros without doing anything.

But after the last episode, I think it's a plot device to allow the North to be its own Kingdom again, with Jon as it's King. Dany allows Yara to rule as Queen, and says that the others are free to also ask for their independence. If it's her nephew asking for independence, I see no reason why Dany wouldn't gladly allow it. Especially since we've been reminded over and over again how much Dany looks up to Rhaegar and basically idolizes him. I just don't see Jon aspiring for the Iron throne and fighting Dany for it, when he'd be perfectly happy with being KITN.

Then the Queen of Seven Kingdoms will no longer be the Queen of Seven kingdoms.

Mind you, Dany says that they are free to ask, not that she will agree to them becoming independent or even letting them live after such request.

On ‎24‎-‎06‎-‎2016 at 5:23 PM, imaginepageant said:

Daenerys and Viserys had violet eyes, actually, which is a whole other basket of eggs (and probably better explained by ASOIAF magic than genetics).

Green eyes are recessive to brown but dominant to blue, so it is possible for two blue-eyed parents to have a green-eyed (or even brown-eyed) child. Not all Targaryens had the typical violet eyes—for instance, Rhaegar's daughter Rhaenys had her mother's Dornish coloring—so we can't say for sure that there weren't Targaryens with brown or green eyes sprinkled here and there in the genetic line, which could potentially lead to green eyes in a child of Rhaegar's.

Two blue-eyed parents can't have a brown-eyed child. The brown being dominant means you can have two brown eyed parents have a Blue eyed kid, actually. Not that I think it means anything for this story. But it comes down to there being two allels in each chromosome.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2016 at 1:01 PM, blckp said:

yeah only Daenerys cares about targaryen name aside from her no one gives shit about targaryen name or targaryen relatives , she still calls starks usurper dogs

Ned Stark risked his life to protect her life... When Robert Baratheon wanted her dead... If... if... IF varys tells how Ned 'Stark' defended her in the small council meetings, she might change her mind... But I don't thing He would do that... And Dany didn't kill Varys aswell? Did she know everything he had done back to KL? I don't think so... Jorah the andal betrayed her and that caused both Drogo's and Rhaego's death... But she couldn't kill him... The difference is that she had spent some time with Jorah but she doesn't know who in the seven hells is Jon Snow... But Dany is intelligent... 

Archived