How long has it been since the fight with Waif and Frey Pie?

cleffa

I was shocked at that Frey Pie scene seeing Arya appear in Westeros and killing Walder Frey like a badass. But after letting the whole episode sink in through the day I suddenly remember isn't Arya wounded really badly like several stabs in the gut by Waif? I understand the show is speeding things up by not spending time on how characters travel from one place to another and just basically fast forward to the important scenes. But I wonder, a wound like that, which looks pretty fatal to me, would need quite some time to heal. Will that make the Arya scenes back from S06E01 to S06E08 like at least a year back from current events such as Cersei becoming queen and Jon becoming King in the North? That way Arya would have time to heal and travel to Westeros?

Thoughts?

Eh ... Arya looked pretty much recovered, or at least, unaffected, by her injuries at the end of 6x08 "No One", when she was leaving the Hall of Faces. Which should not have been the case, under any sort of normal circumstances.

No, in 6x07, when Arya is buying transport back to Westeros, someone mentions that the Iron Fleet is in Volantis. As such, that took place after the Kingsmoot. And I think we have an earlier time chop - when Arya killed Meryn Trant back in season five, he had been sent over from Kings Landing.

And we know when Jaime was at Riverrun, it was about a year after the Red Wedding, and he'd just been sent out of Kings Landing, and when he got back to Kings Landing, the Sept had just recently been destroyed. Based on the books, Jaime might have needed to go around the Riverlands reinforcing and forcing surrenders between taking Riverrun and going to the Twins, but by the show, he'd've been doing all that as quickly as possible.

Timelines in different regions don't necessarily align with the scene changes in the show.  For all we know, the Bravos scenes spanned the time that Jon/Sansa were traveling from northern region to region (ie..weeks/month).  It's impossible to make a show that keeps time linear WRT all the regions and peoples travels.  Who really wants to see 10 episodes of people traveling by day and camping by night.

Archived