Does young griff have blakfyre?

np1234

Just now, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Well if the promise was just to protect Jon from Robert, telling Benjen wouldn't be a risk to the child's safety since Benjen would still be Jon's uncle either way. Also telling the LC of the Nightswatch wouldn't be a huge risk either as men of the Nightswatch swear to not get involved in the conflicts in the south. So Jeor wouldn't be going to tell Robert.

I guess not, but I think Ned was honor bound to never tell anyone and Ned is the type of guy who would say "well, I mean, it won't hurt to tell benjen"

It is pretty clear that Benjen, as first ranger, spends time north of the wall. It is also clear that Bloodraven can get into (especially Stark) heads and lure them to his cave. It is further clear that Bloodraven knows the truth about Jon through Weirnet surfing and finally, Bloodraven, being the person who lead the Targaryen loyalists against blackfyre in the revolution, has a definite interest in Jon if he is a) a Targaryen and b ) the rightful Targaryen king.

I am not saying all this is correct, just that there is no part of Benjen north of the wall lured by blood raven and given Jon's true identity and then goes back to the wall and lets Mormont know is particularly subversive. Since we don't know the nature of neds promise it is safe to say that it is possible that his promise was, point blank, to never let ANYONE know that Jon wasn't his son.

Archived