Casting the Movie Continued Continued

Or another thought was Julia Sawalha? She is younger but a bit on the fatter side ( I feel awful for saying that)

Oooh yeah, she'd be good. She has a similar kind of baby face to Ashley Jensen that looks like she could be a young but aged woman.

Have you seen Pride and Prejudice? Her character in that is what I imagine Lysa to be like, shrill moron.

Ha! Yes, Lydia pouncing all over Wickham is very Lysa-jumping-Petyr!

Anyone else got a preference/suggestion?

Tywin: Triple H

No way I see Tywin as very Regal. I think a Shakespearian would be best for the role Patrick Stewart would be my pick. Pick up any of his hisical movie and see (lady Jane) what I talking about I think he has the look more then Ed Harris

the way I would go would be get a few big names and then cast the rest with good Shakespearian actors I don't think you need the big name for a movie like this

finally I would do the Montain as CGI I think that the only way to make him as big as he should be

*shakes head* Oh, hell! I can't believe I'm discussing that~!!

BUT, of the three candidates, Kerry has the MOST boobs I think. See this pic ? She can squeeze them so they appear bigger!

Anyway, I think I've found someone else: Garcelle Beauvais

pic

pic

SHe's got boobs!

pic

She's perfect for the role.

If not... (since y'all SO difficult.., :P )

There's Kenya Moore who's 36. Boobs, and boobs and lots of boobs another pic

And finally,

Golden Brooks. She's a bit on the ugly side, though. pic She got boobs

:unsure: Ok, enough boob-talk for tonight! :leaving:

Me likes her! Stunning, older lady, who looks like Meagan Good! I vote her!

I like Garcelle Beauvais for the role too. SHe's prettier than Washington. I'd love to hear other people's opinions though....

What about benjin his a rougher Ned

He's also Ned's younger brother. Mortensen is about 15 years older than Jack Davenport. We've got Lee Ingleby as Benjen and I reckon he's perfect - he fits the description of Benjen as gaunt and sharp featured and he looks young enough to convince as a teenager should we need him in a flashback. There's a great resemblance to the other Stark men we have (Davenport, Alex O'Loughlin and Jonathan Bailey), all of whom have long faces. Mortensen has a very square jaw and doesn't look like any of them!

The actors we've got playing the main players of that generation - Rory McCann, Jack Davenport, Kate Winslet, Tricia Helfer and Jensen Ackles - range in age from 28 to 37. Mortensen is nearly 50, he's too old to fit in with them.

And I like Garcelle Beauvais for Chataya.

I like Eric as Baelor best. Viggo looks too scruffy.

Now then. We really need to get a new Edmure, there is no way Damien can pass for a little brother of Kate. I noticed that Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Anguy, so what about bumping him up to Edmure and getting a new Anguy? Tower of the Hand describes Anguy as a boy with freckles so Jesse isn't that good a fit anyway.

Also, I remember Tysha suggested Natasha Little for Cat up thread. What about her for Lysa? She can do red hair, has blue eyes and looks like Kate, only not as beautiful. She certainly not fat, but with padding?

But Edmure is supposed to be Cat's little brother. There should be a clear age difference between them.

But he suits the character, you see a man, a normal man with a conscience, not a noted warrior, always wonders if he has displeased his father, a good man but soft despite being honourable. Lewis can play that role.

But he suits the character, you see a man, a normal man with a conscience, not a noted warrior, always wonders if he has displeased his father, a good man but soft despite being honourable. Lewis can play that role.

Agreed. And Lewis may be a few years older than Winslet but he looks young. I'd have no trouble believing Edmure was the younger sibling.

Yeah, but Edmure is supposed to be quite a bit younger than Cat! In one of Cat's chapters she thinks about how she was both 'son' and daughter for her father before Edmure was born, because her father did not think he was going to get a son. Both Cat's elder brothers died, then came Cat, then Lysa, then a gap, then Edmure.

And Edmure is supposed to be a unwed young man, why would someone who looks the age of Damien Lewis be unwed in Westeros?

And does anyone like Natasha Little for Lysa? :)

Yeah, but Edmure is supposed to be quite a bit younger than Cat! In one of Cat's chapters she thinks about how she was both 'son' and daughter for her father before Edmure was born, because her father did not think he was going to get a son. Both Cat's elder brothers died, then came Cat, then Lysa, then a gap, then Edmure.

This is very true. It's just that like Mon43 said, Lewis suits the role. So we need a red haired actor younger than Kate Winslet who looks like a man known more for his soft heart than his prowess on the battle field. Chris Rankin possibly? Or does everyone just look at him and think, PERCY! Maybe with a beard? Percy never had a beard...

And does anyone like Natasha Little for Lysa? :)

I'd prefer Ashley Jensen or your other suggestion of Julia Sawalha.

I like Chris or Jesse Eisenberg, who Lyanna has cast as Anguy.

About Ashley - I was looking at pictures of her and I don't think she could be a red head. She has blonde eyebrows, the reason Kate Winslet can do red is because her brows are really quite dark.

So Julia? I actually thought that she was younger than Kate, till I realised how stupid that was, she is 7 years older. That could work given that Lysa looks 'older'.

I like Chris or Jesse Eisenberg, who Lyanna has cast as Anguy.

I know he and Chris are the same age but I think he actually looks far younger and probably a bit too young to be Edmure. Chris looks more like a Tully as well.

About Ashley - I was looking at pictures of her and I don't think she could be a red head. She has blonde eyebrows, the reason Kate Winslet can do red is because her brows are really quite dark.

I've known many red heads with eyebrows and eyelashes so pale they almost looked non-existant! That said, I'd be perfectly happy with either actress as Lysa, so I shall defer to the masses - anyone else got a preference?

Archived