Is Tyrion going to die in this episode?

11 hours ago, Figdoni said:

The theories about betrayal comes from the House of the Undying prophecy.
‘three treasons will you know… once for blood and once for gold and once for love…’

Her brother could be the first... It could also be Mirri Maz Duur with her blood magic... 
Jorah is the probably the second... 

The third... I've seen a lot of people predicting it'll be Tyrion betraying her for the Lannisters. I think that's unlikely.
I think "love" is gonna be much bigger & broader than some brotherly love, but love for the people, the realm and for what is 'right'. 
Varys has already been primed by the show to be our betrayer... he loves the realm, it's where his true loyalty lies....
"As long as I have my eyes I'll use them.... You wish to know where my true loyalties lie? Not with any King or Queen, but with the people.... If you demand blind allegiance, I respect your wishes- Greyworm can behead me..... But if you let me live, I will serve you well, I will dedicate myself to seeing you on the iron throne because I choose you"

"If you ever think I"m failing the people you won't conspire behind my back. You'll look me in the eye as you have done today and tell me how I'm failing them........ ....... if you ever betray me, I'll burn you alive"

And we know Melissandre told Varys he would die...
We also know he's been haunted by the voice in the flames... and I can't help think it'd be a nice end to Varys for that voice to have been his own all along, a premonition of his own death.

But... equally... I think its plausible that the betrayal won't just be Varys.
If Varys turns on Dany, it will be for really really good reasons & him acting for the people. It will be because it is the right thing to do... and he knows she will kill him for it, but he would clearly see it as necessary....

If it gets to that point, I can't see Tyrion, nor Jon, sticking with her... because they both also have a strong sense of right and wrong.
Maybe the betrayal for love will be to lose everyone?

Spoiler

Wellll,  I couldn’t stop myself cheering watching the show tonight... and of course I’m sticking with my predictions.... It’s totally the direction I’ve seen it going for a couple seasons and it’s gonna make for the most toecurling tension in the remaining two shows.

But eek... I bet tonight’s episode annoyed quite a few Dany apologists .... :P

Archived