Is it likely for Bronn to return later on?

Davos4Pres

13 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

This. All those houses are essentially military points to either use as a first defense for KL to halt or stall an oncoming army, or as chokepoints of the city to cut off incoming overland trade and food, or even prevent royal armies from retreating back to KL.

I think it would be interesting to take a really good look at the Houses of the crownlands. They will have the fresh levies. I personally don't think they are all that staunch for Lannister. Between the way they rule and Stannis's charming letter about Cersei's children, and the accusations against her, even if she is declared innocent during the trial by combat, the damage is done.

A quick recap to add on to yours;

Kevan Lannister told Cersei that he does not have the time to raise a new host. Most of the men went off with Jaime and about a thousand were killed at Dragonstone, so he is heavily reliant on Mace Tyrell's army, which has been split in two. Part of it was with Mace at Storm's End and marched back after Margaery was arrested. Randylly Tarly also arrived with his own army from Maidenpool. The other half is with Garlan who has to deal with the ironborn. Mace will not march on Jon Connington until Margaery's trial has been settled. 

I will add that the gold cloaks to your list. The gold cloaks were down to about 4,400 men in ASoS after the Battle of the Blackwater. Tywin had the deserters' knees broken instead of sending them to the Wall. They were also having a hard time paying them. This could still be a problem given the way Cersei handled the emissary from the Iron Bank and the consequences it had on everyone owing them money in Westeros.

The new lord commander of the City Watch is a bastard from the crownlands who ironically was the captain of the Dragon Gate. We are also told that 100 men of Highgarden were added to the city watch and that Mace was resisting the addition of men from the westerlands.

As far as King's Landing itself goes, we have been told several times that its residents have not forgotten the Sack. 

Archived