ASOIAF's Scouring of the Shire

King Adrian Storm

GRRM has always mentioned how he admires the scouring of the shire, and how he wants to emulate a similar feeling in the ending of ASOIAF.

My prediction. Dany will meet Aegon (King of Westeros) at some point at the end of TWOW or the beginning of ADOS. I'm not sure if they'll be friends or enemies, but she will end up going North to fight the Others. Meanwhile in Kingslanding Euron and Cersei will create an alliance and take Kingslanding for themselves. Once the others are defeated, Dany will find out Kingslanding (the shire), has been taken over. Her and Jon will go south, and fight them together. Kingslanding will definitely get destroyed, whether that's Dany's dragons or Cersei using Wildfire. I think this would be the bittersweet ending  George was hoping for.

3 hours ago, King Adrian Storm said:

GRRM has always mentioned how he admires the scouring of the shire, and how he wants to emulate a similar feeling in the ending of ASOIAF.

My prediction. Dany will meet Aegon (King of Westeros) at some point at the end of TWOW or the beginning of ADOS. I'm not sure if they'll be friends or enemies, but she will end up going North to fight the Others. Meanwhile in Kingslanding Euron and Cersei will create an alliance and take Kingslanding for themselves. Once the others are defeated, Dany will find out Kingslanding (the shire), has been taken over. Her and Jon will go south, and fight them together. Kingslanding will definitely get destroyed, whether that's Dany's dragons or Cersei using Wildfire. I think this would be the bittersweet ending  George was hoping for.

I will disagree.  The scouring will not be limited to King's Landing.  Most of Westeros will be scoured in some way.  The North will be a dead land.  Those people in the north will die and become wights.  The Others will control those wights and make their way south until Daenerys and Drogon stops them in the riverlands near the Trident.  The damage in the south will come from Euron.  Though I expect another protagonists will deal with Euron.  A team of Asha, the Harlows, the Martells, and the Hightowers will have to cooperate to defeat Euron. 

I doubt the final book will focus on a group of protagonists in the north fighting one big bad (the others), and another group of protagonists in the south fighting to defeat another big bad (Euron). That doesn't seem cohesive. I do agree the others will make their way to the trident. I think all of the major players will be somewhere near kings landing by the end. I doubt the Others will be the final confrontation from what Grrm has said. And it seems like Euron is being built up as a major villain going forward. And don't forget the long night happens all over Westeros, not just where the Others are. There will be destruction all over westeros from the terrible snows.

Archived