Viking or Wolf?

D_P

I almost put this in Entertainment because there's only a few things more fun than cooking and eating.  I'm hoping for a broader response here.  I'll be purchasing new appliances and I'm not getting the Viking hate and the Wolf love.  I don't own anything by either company but I've used both.  My feeling and experience is the exact opposite.  I worked at Lowe's for several years also and I'd select some of those lower tier brands over Wolf.  Any ideas on what I'm missing?  I appreciate it.

I'm a pro chef. used both brands in pro kitchens for years and found viking to be a bit more up to the rigors of professional use. the wolf generally needed a new thermouple in the oven more often.

but,  you aren't going to be having yours on for 10 hours a day 7 days a week,  the door slammed shut,  product constantly spilled on the burners so i don't know if one is better than the other. 

look instead at the details.  for me a convection function on the oven is non-negotiable on a stove of that price. and you want burners that put out as many btu as possible for maximum heat. 

good luck! and i am envious!

Archived