(Main Spoilers) Hound vs. Mountain "There's a third person?"

YeniAy_Ottoman

Hi, Selam!

For years we have been waiting for a fight between the Hound and the Mountain.

I think at the end of this fight they will both die. But that's not the point of discussion here, I want to suggest something else that we don't usually think about.

Will a third person join this fight?

Why not? For this we need to consider an excerpt from Bran's coma dream.

There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful.

Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

When I first read it, I interpreted that these three shadows were there as a threat to Ned and the girls, that's how I perceived it, but except for the Jaime vs. Ned scene, we didn't see Jaime as a threat to Ned and the girls, or neither Hound. It is no different for the mountain.

Then I realized that the central figures here are not Ned and the girls, but the shadows themselves. The scene with Ned and the girls shows something we have already seen and know, but Bran's coma dream gives us FS for the next books. So we should look the shadows, not Ned and the girls.

Two of the three shadows are the Hound and Jaime. Above these two, another shadow, the Mountain, loomed. I think there is a "negative" reference here. The two shadows are side by side in the first stage, but one appears over the others two.

I think the Mountain is portrayed here as a threat to Jaime and Sandor. So if I interpreted it correctly, we will read about the Mountain fighting Jaime and Sandor.

It's a logical deduction if we think about it. If Jaime is valonqar as we think, and I believe he is, it is inevitable that he will fight the Mountain, because the Mountain is never too far away from Cersei, he is there to protect her. Jaime has to overcome the Mountain barrier to kill Cersei.

(Do not forget that the way The Mountain is depicted refers to its zombie state, that is, the dream tells that these three will come together after they become half-dead in time.)

The problem is that no matter how much Jaime trains, it is impossible for him to defeat the Mountain with one hand. The Mountain was already very dangerous before, but now that it's turned into some kind of zombie that doesn't feel pain(probably), it's much more difficult to defeat. So Jaime will need Sandor's help. Sandor is already one of the deadliest swordsmen in the realm and knows his brother's fighting technique, more importantly he already has or will have enough strong motivation to kill him (that's another topic).

So the fight we expect as Sandor vs. the Mountain will probably be Jaime + Sandor vs. the Mountain.

( I don't know if anyone has interpreted it like me before, I apologize if it is not a new interpretation for you, it means I missed it.)

It'll be a trial of seven to prove Sansa's innocence of Joff's murder. It likely grew in the telling and was intended to only be Jaime and Sandor agains Ungregor when GRRM wrote Bran's AGOT vision. Brienne likely didn't exist then but was created later because GRRM had too many ideas for Jaime's arc to fit into one character, Jaime could only be in one place doing one thing at a time, so Brienne gets added in, and so then so slide in more characters. There's plenty of foreshadowing which I detail in the Cleganebowl topic in my signature.