New cast members spotted on set

Annara Snow

Redanian Intelligence reports about several actors that have apparently joined the cast and have been seen on set.

https://redanianintelligence.com/2023/05/22/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-adds-more-cast-filming-in-spain-and-england/

They speculate that Anna Francolini, seen in Leavesden, might be playing Jeyne Arryn.

Actors identified from set photos include several people I've never heard about, but you can see their photos and speculate what kind of role they may be playing. Most of them are seen in King's Landing at 

Spoiler

prince Jaehaerys' funeral.

One of the actors playing Aegon's Kinsguard may be Vincent Regan - the one actor here I'm familiarwith (it looks like him in the photo but it's not a great photo). Maybe Gyles Belgrave? That's the most interesting role of the remaining KG during the Dance itself, particularly the Hour of the Wolf (Rickard Thorne has more of an intense action scene, and Marston Waters has a bigger role in the Regency rather than the Dance).

Another actress speculated to be cast is Ellora Torchia, and going by her looks, I'm going to guess that's Sylvenna Sand being introduced early (as she should IMO - we should get to know these people before they get to play a bigger role in later seasons).

HotD Twitter accounts are also now saying Eddie Eyre, who appeared as Gerold Hightower in GoT, was seen on set. It's nothing new to recycle actors (like Dean Charles Chapman going from a very minor role of Martyn Lannister to playing Tommen). Could he be Ormund Hightower? He's 34, a big athletic guy and another redhead, like Rhys Ifans, Steffan Rhodri and Freddie Fox (Otto, Lord Hobert and Gwayne).

And another one, Jamie Kenna, who is following and being followed only by Team Black actors, which gives an idea who he's filming with.

Going by that, his size (193 cm/6'4") and accent, I'd say he may be Hugh Hammer.

Unless he's Ulf, and Hugh is played by someone even bigger.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...