Game images

cytherea

A few pages i've run across have images from a certain game of Dolldivine and Azalea's Dolls making, and i'm in doubt on how to proceed. Those images are, in the file info, listed as public domain, but they were not stated as public domain on either website. The Dolldivine website has claimed, on their FAQ, that permission for use as avatars, as i see them used on the pages, is allowed, but that permission must be asked from any other artists involved in the making of the games too, in this case Azalea's Dolls, which was not specified on file, only that they were public domain, which, again, they're not. Should those be removed from pages until that permission is specified?

• 4 months later...
On 6/5/2023 at 6:40 AM, cytherea said:

A few pages i've run across have images from a certain game of Dolldivine and Azalea's Dolls making, and i'm in doubt on how to proceed. Those images are, in the file info, listed as public domain, but they were not stated as public domain on either website. The Dolldivine website has claimed, on their FAQ, that permission for use as avatars, as i see them used on the pages, is allowed, but that permission must be asked from any other artists involved in the making of the games too, in this case Azalea's Dolls, which was not specified on file, only that they were public domain, which, again, they're not. Should those be removed from pages until that permission is specified?

Which images are those? The copyright status should be corrected if that is true.