Who is the heir to Casterly Rock?

Worthy Dane

I like the idea of Myrcella and Trystane getting Casterly Rock while Dany sits the Iron Throne, but I don't think it is very likely, because of Cersei's prophecy. It seems to me that Myrcella will probably die in Dorne.

I wish Myrcella could get Casterly Rock, and Tommen ought to marry Shireen and get Storm's End.

Didn't Stannis come down in the negative on that Tommen-Shireen marriage? So, I guess if Stannis dies with Shireen still alive it might happen.

Yes, but that was when Tommen was a Cersei puppet. If Cersei is deposed and Tommen remains king with a new Regent and Kevan makes peace with Stannis, he may change his mind. His daughter and grandson would still sit the throne, and perhaps with a place in KL, Stannis might consider being Hand or Regent as an acceptable solution.

Who am I kidding, Stannis is too hardassed to accept that.

Yes, but that was when Tommen was a Cersei puppet. If Cersei is deposed and Tommen remains king with a new Regent and Kevan makes peace with Stannis, he may change his mind. His daughter and grandson would still sit the throne, and perhaps with a place in KL, Stannis might consider being Hand or Regent as an acceptable solution.

Who am I kidding, Stannis is too hardassed to accept that.

Nah, I don't think so. Stannis mentioned something about "abomination" when he put the brakes on Shireen marrying Tommen.

Stannis was in KL for many years while Tommen was there. He knows Tommen well enough.

Then how can he still hate the little guy? His heart must be made of ice or shadow or something.

Hey, could Stannis be the Night's King? That would explain his irrational hatred of Tommen and his attraction to mysterious sorceresses who feed him strange tales.

Then how can he still hate the little guy? His heart must be made of ice or shadow or something.

Tommen is incestous bastard, an abomination that taints the Iron throne, I would expect most people in Westeros would call upon his death if they knew the truth.

Nah, I don't think so. Stannis mentioned something about "abomination" when he put the brakes on Shireen marrying Tommen.

You are probably right. Stannis doesn't seem motivated by lust for power or for his progeny. He wants the throne because it is RIGHTFULLY his. Accepting the incest goes against his nature.

Tytos - Ruling Lord (dead, 1st son of Tybolt[?])

In one of the Jaime chapters of A Feast of Crows his aunt, Genna, says something like "younger children always crave the approval of older children, father being a younger son".

It's in a discussion about why she loves her brother (Tywin) and why she was married to Emmon Frey.

About the heritage; I think GRRM has said that if there are not true born children the succession is not always clear. Bastards migth succeed or brothers / sisters or their children.

The discussion about the Hornwood succession proves that. Another point in Stannis' idea that Jon Snow or the Karstarks shell get Winterfell.

So there is not clear order but possible heirs:

1 Cersei

2 Kevin if Cersei dies before taking possession of Casterly Rock

3 Tommen. If he lives long enough to get children he propably give it to a second son or to the children of Myrcella

I bet that at the end of the books there will still be a Lannister in Casterly Rock. My money in on Tyrion or his children

Unless the fact that she is female takes precedence, Cersei is the true heir to Casterly Rock... with Jaime in the Kingsguard and Tyrion an outlaw... again if the female factor takes precedence, it goes to Kevan, but if not, when Tommen is of age to rule on his own, it is hers... (i admit to being a new member of the ASoIaF faith, so correct me if I am wrong!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

The true heir to Casterly Rock is Tyrek Lannister.

From Feast of Crows Appendix, House Lannister:

Cersei - Well, she's dead, just a matter of time. Present Lady of Casterly Rock.

Jaime - Kingsguard.

Tyrion - Tywin's death settled that claim, once and for all.

Tommon - Bastard son even though he's 100% Lannister. Happens to be King so there's that too.

Myrcella- Princess, also a bastard.

-Neither of Cersei's children seem to be in line for the Rock in the first place.

Kevan- Cersei ended his chance when she didn't name him Warden or Castellan of the Rock. Also, his son is the presupposed Lord of Darry.

Genna Lannister- Lady of Riverrun.

Her children/grandchildren- Heirs of Riverrun

Tyget Lannister- Dead

Tyrek- Missing yet Jaime believes Varys kidnapped him. Curiously, this was long before Tywin was back in King's Landing. Giving how exact Varys' instructions were to Tyrion on how to get to Tywin, did Varys plan on Tywin's death before leaving King's Landing?

Well, it depends on how you consider Tommen's status. If the Lannisters have their way and he is seen as the legitimate union of Cersei and Robert, then obviously he is the heir.

There definitely isn't a rule that he can't inherit particular seat in the Seven Kingdoms simply b/c he also holds the Iron Throne. Robert, for instance, gave Storm's End to Renly, but he was carelessly generous and there was no rule that said that was what should have been done.

Tommen is incestous bastard, an abomination that taints the Iron throne, I would expect most people in Westeros would call upon his death if they knew the truth.

Most people in Westeros are dumb.

I bet if they were all forced to hug Tommen then they wouldn't hate him anymore.

Most people in Westeros are dumb.

I bet if they were all forced to hug Tommen then they wouldn't hate him anymore.

ahaha, tommens just as cute as any other kid in westeros and we've seen some horrendous things done to children in aSoIaF, personally i think tommen is soft and unfit to rule, not only because of his heritage but because of his upbringing too.

Tyrion is Heir, Fuck Tywin, i think he'll end up on his rightful seat by the end too (probably partially thanks to jaime)

Tyrion is Heir, Fuck Tywin, i think he'll end up on his rightful seat by the end too (probably partially thanks to jaime)

Tyrion is a kinslayer. In that society, a kinslayer as your overlord would be a recipe for disaster, everyone would be 'woe is me.' He'd be as shunned as the Freys are. He broke a 'God(s) rule'.

Archived