Who would play whom?

unJon

Well, they are twins. Jaime is always described as just flat out amazing looking. Even Catelyn recognized this when he was in chains under Riverrun. I can handle Jaime being pretty, but he is also pretty manly, at least how I always pictured him. But Jaime is never described as girly, or feminine, the way Loras is. Jude Law has the pretty part down, but there is no way I can picture that guy, at least how he looks now, being one of the most feared swordsman in the realm.

I think Jaime looked like Cersei when they were younger, but not anymore.

My gripe is that a lot of actors mentioned just don't have enough meat on their bones. I picture knights are athletes. They don't have to be bodybuilders or anything, but I should be able to picture them in a suit of armor, swinging a sword around. Orlando Bloom as Loras Tyrell is the one exception, that makes sense. And whoever said John Malkovich as Roose Bolton was onto something I think.

I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't like Gary Oldman. He's good when he takes it easy, but he often overracts like crazy. That might be the fault of his directors I guess, I don't know.

When I was reading GOT, I always pictured that fat guy with the beard from the old Flash Gordon movie as Robert or the old standby, Sallah from Indy/gimli(too old?).

As for the mountain, any prof. wrestler will do, since theres not alot of acting. Paul Wight (the Giant or big show) would be perfect, and he has acted in some movies. (waterboy). hes Seven feet tall and 400 pounds!

Bastion

Patrick Stewart would make a wonderful Syrio Forel.

Warwick Davis also seems an excellent choice for Tyrion. I imagine he'd have a lot of fun with the role and would really get into it. And he has the perfect voice.

I've always pictured Ilyn Payne looking kinda like Bullet Tooth Tony from Snatch.

There's also this kid from a car insurance commercial who looks almost exactly the way I pictured Joffrey, down to the lips.

and finally... Bruce Campbell as Bronn. Imagine the dialogue between him and Warwick. Especially if they started ad libbing.

Disagree re: Warrick Davis. He's NOT a good actor. He just happens to be the 'famous midget' instead of one of the myriad other midget actors. Yes, I realize saying Midget is offensive; no, I will not let a word so hilarious and fun be taken from the lexicon.

A little person with some acting skill, like the midget from Station Agent, would be better for Tyrion. Warrick has all the acting skill of my coffee table. "You AH great Mad Martigan!" Give me a break. F Warrick Davis! He sucked in Harry Potter also.

My wife suggested the kid who plays Octavion (very well) on Rome should get consideration as Loras and I agree. He was great in Master and Commander and on Rome. I am sick to death of the Marillions of Hollywood, Jude Law and Bloom, being suggested for all these ass-kicking movies. Those girlboys couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Jaime - Everyone says Jude Law, but come on, Jaime is supposed to be a badass - I pick the guy from Lost

The hot badass guy from Lost (Sawyer/Josh Holloway) or the moronic doctor/hero (Jack/Matthew Fox)?

The first, sure. :) Sawyer's got that big mane of blonde hair in that show, just as Jaime does. Plus he's hot. Jack though? No way.

Sawyer is "badass"? I never really thought of him that way. Mr. Echo (Eko? Ecko?), now that guy is badass.

Amen to Christian Bale as Jaime Lannister. He'd have to die his hair, but I think he'd be great, good actor, athletic looking enough to pull off Jaime too I think. Someone suggested Joaqin Pheonix too, don't remember for who but I think he could pull off the physical presence of a dangerous fighter too.

Honestly, I wouldn't want someone like Brad Pitt. I don't mind him, but he's too visible. It would be a movie starring Jaime Lannister as Brad Pitt instead of the other way round.

A little person with some acting skill, like the midget from Station Agent, would be better for Tyrion. Warrick has all the acting skill of my coffee table. "You AH great Mad Martigan!" Give me a break. F Warrick Davis! He sucked in Harry Potter also.

David Rappaport would've been a great Tyrion as well, though if he were still alive he'd be a bit too old now.

Finally, I'm thinking of Nathan Fillion for Garlan Tyrell.... ok, I don't know if that works but I gotta put Fillion somewhere cause he's the man and Garlans my favorite character in that age bracket... so Fillion's atleast gotta go somewhere.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0277213/

I could see him as Garlan -- or even Beric - he's got the mournful/lean/haunted look down.

Look -- it's Beric and Lemoncloak!

--will probably try to see Narnia tonight, might pick out the new Stark kids while I'm at it, :D

Christopher Walken as Doran. I can picture him saying "Fire and Blood" and he was great in the wheelchair in Things to do in Denver when you're dead.

Well, he could play many characters, including Doran - especially if Doran turns out to be as crafty as I think.

And yet, I'm not sure that would be the best use for the unique actor. Maybe Roose?

Archived