Meet-up in Galway, 25-27 April 2008

zakalwe7

It would be beyond cool to have a meet in Galway . Over the next few days I wil get some info together about local festies and stuff going on around the town . None of the massive dos , like the music festival , heritage week etc are on over that period of time , iirc .

There are loads of hostels , hotels - and our house :)

I totally agree with Niamh's Aran Islands idea - I love them and we could all get new jumpers :)

I can think of at least 7 pubs tht have music 7 nights a week and I was just given the low down on clubs and that from my friend who lived here in Galway for a good while . Doubtless , freshers week will educate me to the night spots of the town but the big alt night is SIN which moves rom place to place . The best club is the GPO apparently . It seems to me ( one must remeber I have moved from the arse end of nowhere ) that a positve plethera of bands play gigs all over the place every night . It might be worth getting tickets for something . There are also great comedy nights and other alt ent options .

There is also a cinema with an Eddy Rocket's diner ( Seany - you will love it ) 3 mins walk from my place .

I could organise lifts for a limited number of people from Shannon or Knock fairly easily too . There would prolly also be folks driving from or through Dublin who we could co ordinate with too .

This is exciting . :pirate:

Niamh - So I ask you friend , what's a girl to do , when her eyes are black and her hair is blue ? :smoking:

Niamh - So I ask you friend , what's a girl to do , when her eyes are black and her hair is blue ? :smoking:

Hope she asks you to her flat downtown :D

(Wait till you get swamped by the Galway Races crowd though next year :lol: )

What about dates then?

Kit and Fee can't do March, February will be freezing and besides that would rule out ferry trips and the like :P, May is too close to Tourist/Exams season, so that'd leave out April.

April good?

Early April would suit me best as I'd have better chance of getting childcare in the school holidays but later in the month wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker - i'd just need to do more juggling / begging ;)

Early April would suit me best as I'd have better chance of getting childcare in the school holidays but later in the month wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker - i'd just need to do more juggling / begging ;)

What about around Easter? Don't know the dates for that next year, but at least I can avoid spending precious vacation days.

http://christianity.about.com/od/holidayti...heniseaster.htm

Actually, we really really want to avoid the exact Easter Dates, and especially Good Friday. Why? It's the only day that all pubs are closed in the whole of Ireland. It's Hell.

Unless the meet is in England, obviously

Archived