AGOT Mafia 46.5

Mexal

It's my morning check in. Nothing much has happened except a little Norcross hate. :) Ah, well, join the club people.

No we aren't restricted to voting out just Prester and Ambrose... But moving my vote to someone else - say Inchfield - would be pointless.

No, I'll keep my vote on Ambrose.

I agree with people who have voiced concerns about Uller and Inchfield seeming pretty oblivious to the deadline (as it was...). Do you think it's better to go to night than to lynch if the target of the lynch isn't your main suspect?
:rolleyes: That's a slightly ridiculous question. And one which I've pre-emptively answered in post #244. I've even quoted the post where I answered it for you in my recent reply to Upcliff. How convenient for everyone!

Honestly, if the group couldn't muster two votes in three hours in the American morning, then I'd have been astounded. Almost anything can happen in three hours of play. Entire lynch mobs have been born and carried out to fruition. So I wouldn't call myself oblivious to the deadline, I just didn't see any real cause for panic. Once Ambrose got to six votes, a lynch was almost certainly going to be carried out before night fell. Putting Ambrose at 7 votes at that point seemed a little ill advised to me.

However, as things stand now, I'd much rather see Prester go than Ambrose. Prester's defenses of Norcross as soon as they got some attention their way definitely made me wonder, given my opinion of Norcross. The rest of his play today doesn't fill me with confidence either.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Ambrose, Caron, Elesham, Hasty, Inchfield, Jast, Lake, Lefford, Norcross, Prester, Sarsfield, Sunglass, Uller, Upcliff.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

6 votes for Prester ( Elesham, Lake, Ambrose, Lefford, Inchfield, Uller)

6 votes for Ambrose ( Jast, Prester, Upcliff, Norcross, Caron, Sarsfield)

1 vote for Norcross ( Sunglass)

1 vote for Lefford ( Hasty)

Day 1 ends at 1pm est which is in 4.5 hours!

Sorry, I'm not in the best of health today. I must be coming down with something.

Why was my defense of someone else so strong? Because the case was so weak. It irritated me, and as ambrose carried on playing stupid, i got more and more wound up over the whole issue.

So yes, for the record, anyone who wants to complete the lynch on me, I don't care his late for cases. If you think I'm more guilty than Ambrose, lynch me. If you think he's more likely, lynch him. But please, don't go to night lynchless.

Sorry, I'm not in the best of health today. I must be coming down with something.

I've just realised how... meaningless... this seems. It was meant to explain my lack of activity and apologise if i, well, do somethign like i did just there and make a statement without any real point. Just poke me and as soon as i see the computer, i'll point out what my point was supposed to be i guess? :-p

Okay. Done.

I didn't really find that much that drew my attention. I think the day is stagnating slightly and we would do well lynching someone and getting it over with.

Two people promissed cases and then didn't make good on their word: Ambrose and Lake:

I'd like to know what Ambrose was working on and where's the case on Sunglass.

I liked Caron's points against Lefford on post 214 and Uller's points on Norcross on post 228. I think it would be interesting to pursue them further once we get a CF for today.

I agree with people who have voiced concerns about Uller and Inchfield seeming pretty oblivious to the deadline (as it was...). Do you think it's better to go to night than to lynch if the target of the lynch isn't your main suspect?

Both the Prester lynch and the Ambrose lynch give us considerable information, but I think Prester is not likely to be guilty, ao I'll keep my vote on Ambrose.

I had been working on a case against Caron, for up to the point there, was sitting in the shadows and snipping at people points out small minor things and didn't talk about the Prester situation. However, when I got back from class, he began to talk again, and I wanted to see his response before I went forward with the case.

6 votes each, with 2 to go? This is why we need a heal/guard, so we can get down to an odd number of players. 7-7 with no-one online budging would be a worst case scenario right now.

Although i guess it would give us an odd number of players all the same:P

edit: Last point made in jest. I am NOT seriously suggesting we do it. :-p

My apologies for my absence over the last day or so. Yesterday was a long day for me with limited net access.

Regardless. I am not necessarily wavering in my conviction on Prester's guilt, but for the necessity of 8 votes, I will consider Ambrose. I do have a bit less hostility toward Prester at this point, and I think it is possible he put himself in the same position I initially did. While I definitely do find him suspect, I am comfortable having him around until at least tomorrow. Aside from that, I have some thoughts which I will hold off until tomorrow, so I can evaluate my ideas and take a look at what happens overnight. They're nothing terribly important, so nobody's missing out on anything at the moment.

My apologies for my absence over the last day or so. Yesterday was a long day for me with limited net access.

Regardless. I am not necessarily wavering in my conviction on Prester's guilt, but for the necessity of 8 votes, I will consider Ambrose. I do have a bit less hostility toward Prester at this point, and I think it is possible he put himself in the same position I initially did. While I definitely do find him suspect, I am comfortable having him around until at least tomorrow. Aside from that, I have some thoughts which I will hold off until tomorrow, so I can evaluate my ideas and take a look at what happens overnight. They're nothing terribly important, so nobody's missing out on anything at the moment.

No offense, but I'm really getting sick of this.

Specifically, I really don't like the fact that once again, despite all the extra time given, that people keep on going "oh, I don't have a problem with Prester anymore...". If you have a problem with my play, point it out. Go ahead, I'd love to hear it. But everyone keeps on pointing NOT at Prester, and thus are pointing at me at the process. There was plenty of time last night to look at other candidates, and yet everyone seemed "content" to not even bother with reading over again.

I still don't get it.

Wait a minute, hold on. You are not ewavering your convinction on Prester's Guilt, yet you are voting for me? How does that make any sense? You then backpedal saying that "oh, well I'll look at it more tomorrow."

Granted, I may be bias, but that's hilarious. You are getting oiut of trying to take a side this close to the deadline and are taking the easy way out. And Team Innocent is going to pay in the process.

So yes, for the record, anyone who wants to complete the lynch on me, I don't care his late for cases. If you think I'm more guilty than Ambrose, lynch me. If you think he's more likely, lynch him. But please, don't go to night lynchless.

I think Ambrose stands the best chance of being guilty. This being day one, the "best" chance is still laughably low, which makes lynching for information perhaps wiser. Knowing your CF result would allow us to analyze people in relationship to you, and everyone (even Jast, I think) has said something about you.

Count me in the same boat as Elesham. I'd vote Prester for a lynch. Really not supposed to be online right now, but I'm sure I can slip in one word in bold font without landing my ass in the fryer.

Specifically, I really don't like the fact that once again, despite all the extra time given, that people keep on going "oh, I don't have a problem with Prester anymore...". If you have a problem with my play, point it out. Go ahead, I'd love to hear it. But everyone keeps on pointing NOT at Prester, and thus are pointing at me at the process. There was plenty of time last night to look at other candidates, and yet everyone seemed "content" to not even bother with reading over again.

I still don't get it.

I will not deny that I personally do not have extremely strong convictions towards you. I suspect Prester, but want him alive tomorrow. You, on the other hand, have done nothing to dissuade me from my decision. I have seen what has been said about you, and your rebuttals have not had the impact of the attacks against you. You've done quite a few things that tick my suspicion. Even in the above post, you are misrepresenting my opinion and twisting my words, when there's no necessity for that. We're down to the wire, and it's unfortunate, but someone needs to go, and I'd rather it be you.

Wait a minute, hold on. You are not ewavering your convinction on Prester's Guilt, yet you are voting for me? How does that make any sense? You then backpedal saying that "oh, well I'll look at it more tomorrow."

Granted, I may be bias, but that's hilarious. You are getting oiut of trying to take a side this close to the deadline and are taking the easy way out. And Team Innocent is going to pay in the process.

I am not wavering in my suspicion of Prester, but I want him alive tomorrow.

I said I will discuss my OTHER thoughts (I.E. Not about You/Prester/Today's Lynch) tomorrow.

Again with the misrepresentation.

I think Ambrose stands the best chance of being guilty. This being day one, the "best" chance is still laughably low, which makes lynching for information perhaps wiser. Knowing your CF result would allow us to analyze people in relationship to you, and everyone (even Jast, I think) has said something about you.

Count me in the same boat as Elesham. I'd vote Prester for a lynch. Really not supposed to be online right now, but I'm sure I can slip in one word in bold font without landing my ass in the fryer.

huh? Me and Prester were at 6 votes. If he thought Prester was suspicious, he'd be the deciding vote. How is that being in the same boat?

I still don't get it.

I feel stupid for doing this, but once again...

We've been in "last few hours" for some time now, because of the downages. All votes at the moment are on the basis of "not everyone's online and time's running out", and therefore we are the only two candidates. There's no point in making cases on anyone else until tomorrow, as there isn't time and activity to act on them.

So, it's down to who's more suspicious, or who's more likely to get a full lynch. No-one wants to go to night lynchless, therefore they have to vote for one of us.

They don't need a problem with your play at this point. All they need is to prefer your lynch to mine. we're past the "reasonable case" stage of the day.

Now, i promised myself i wouldn't let you suck me in on this again, and i won't. But please, if you are an innocent and not just trying to stir things, sit down and think it over. I'm sure you'll end up figuring out why they don't need to put a case on us to vote for us now...

I am not wavering in my suspicion of Prester, but I want him alive tomorrow.

I said I will discuss my OTHER thoughts (I.E. Not about You/Prester/Today's Lynch) tomorrow.

Again with the misrepresentation.

Bullshit. You come in, saying that you are suspicious of Prester, yet you want him alive. YET you say NOTHING about me. You just vote.

Anytime someone says "oh I'll say more tomorrow", is pissing me off.

You have a problem with my play, address me. At least tell me while you are voting for me, because that vote was bullshit and you know it.

"I'm very suspicous of Prester but I want him alive so I'll vote another option I'm not going to talk about."

That screams FM. The only reason I think you are not is the Prester situation.

Bullshit. You come in, saying that you are suspicious of Prester, yet you want him alive. YET you say NOTHING about me. You just vote.

Anytime someone says "oh I'll say more tomorrow", is pissing me off.

You have a problem with my play, address me. At least tell me while you are voting for me, because that vote was bullshit and you know it.

"I'm very suspicous of Prester but I want him alive so I'll vote another option I'm not going to talk about."

That screams FM. The only reason I think you are not is the Prester situation.

I have seen what has been said about you, and your rebuttals have not had the impact of the attacks against you. You've done quite a few things that tick my suspicion. Even in the above post, you are misrepresenting my opinion and twisting my words, when there's no necessity for that. We're down to the wire, and it's unfortunate, but someone needs to go, and I'd rather it be you.

and again,

Archived