AGOT Mafia XLIX - The Foundation of the Kingsguard

House Targaryen

I half agree with Mallister. The rereads when all that has been posted are jokes and some interactions may not be useful and did seem a little silly...I think in part because it was presented in a silly manner. I think this type of information will be a lot more useful if we have a CF and after we see the night target. (so much more useful at the start of day 2)

And of course I completely disagree with that fact that we don't have enough time to find another suspect...but I do think we lack sufficent information to find a better one than either Grandison and Thorne.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1297554' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.13']And of course I completely disagree with that fact that we don't have enough time to find another suspect...but I do think we lack sufficent information to find a better one than either Grandison and Thorne.[/quote]
Right now, we do. But the idea is to find the suspects based on people's posts. So, we like people to comment on the existing cases. :P

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1297571' date='Apr 2 2008, 08.28']Right now, we do. But the idea is to find the suspects based on people's posts. So, we like people to comment on the existing cases. :P[/quote]

So what are your thoughts on Florent, Smallwood, and Grandison? I see you voting Thorne but you have not commented on the others.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297501' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.43']The vote on Plumm is a random vote. Each of the others was made with at least some marginal justification. Don't be disingenuous. Do you really think the case on Thorne or your accusation of Grandison is stronger or in any way different than the case against Florent?[/quote]Yes. Don't take this as defence of Florent, but I really can't see what's wrong with them.
[quote]Do you agree that Smallwood has been suspicious and/or sympish?[/quote]No, I don't. I suppose that FFMMS thing was obviously a joke.

Just to clarify: I don't find being in the middle of the road too suspicious, personally I always have a hard time suspecting people early in the game, and don't find it suspicious when others have the same problem. Being "middle of the road" alone doesn't convince me. However, [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=27221&st=80#"]this post[/url] seems a bit forced to me, it seems like he's trying to find an excuse to name those 4 players (the post above, obviously), so as to drop names.

As for why vote Thorne over Corbay: I said I thought Corbay would be the most likely FM of the 4 named, but I'm obviously not certain. However, Thorne seems like a likely candidate for a symp, and it never hurts to get those out of the way. So yeah, I'm voting Thorne and wouldn't mind lynching him, though for other reasons than you others, it seems.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297510' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.49']Over-eager for what? Over-eager to get people talking and playing the game, over-eager to get people to commit to what they are thinking?[/quote]
Over-eager in ways to achieve a result you state to wish. Do you really think we couldn't see a measure of Plumm's participation without you quoting all their posts?
[quote]Aggressive yes, but hardly unnaturally so. I'm trying to move the game forward by getting you to respond to questions which you appear to be hesitant to do. :unsure:[/quote]And now you seem a bit overdefensive.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297531' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.57']A bit too late for us to try to identify other suspects today?[/quote]
No. A bit too late to try random shots into sky. Exactly time for informed lynch.
[quote]So in your mind these are only these two and we should figure out which of them to lynch? I don't understand this and I really don't like it.[/quote]I said that those two were easy targets. Of course, I'd prefer somebody less easy. Perhaps, you will do?

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1297628' date='Apr 2 2008, 16.59']So yeah, I'm voting Thorne and wouldn't mind lynching him, though for other reasons than you others, it seems.[/quote]Ok, it's explanation. That's exactly what I wanted to hear from Grandison, but their answer still rings wrong bells. Want to add something, Grandy?

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1297582' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.33']So what are your thoughts on Florent, Smallwood, and Grandison? I see you voting Thorne but you have not commented on the others.[/quote]
Smallwood was joking IMO. That was the worst possible symp clue I've ever seen, if one.

Grandison's last post is weird, because he basically repeats our reasons for suspecting Thorne and makes them look as if his own. Suspicious.

Florent? No real read. I'll see what he does next, but currently he's not too FMish/sympish.

Ok, I won't be here during the end of day, so it's time to decide. Thorne? Too easy target, nobody seems to defend them. Grandison? I understand their reasoning... there still are some questions, but not that big, we always might return to Grandy later.
[b]Wythers[/b].
I still think that re-reading players with 2-4 posts isn't best way to help us. Just saying "people, Plumm has only two posts" would be as good... but now Wythers has a reputation of a person who does re-reads. Very comfortable for them, er?

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1297655' date='Apr 2 2008, 11.14']Grandison's last post is weird, because he basically repeats our reasons for suspecting Thorne and makes them look as if his own. Suspicious.[/quote]

I thought he was disagreeing with our reasons. Why do you say he's repeating them?

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297676' date='Apr 2 2008, 12.32']Ok, I won't be here during the end of day, so it's time to decide. Thorne? Too easy target, nobody seems to defend them. Grandison? I understand their reasoning... there still are some questions, but not that big, we always might return to Grandy later.
[b]Wythers[/b].
I still think that re-reading players with 2-4 posts isn't best way to help us. Just saying "people, Plumm has only two posts" would be as good... but now Wythers has a reputation of a person who does re-reads. Very comfortable for them, er?[/quote]

While I find Wythers to be a bit of an odd duck, err squirrell, I don't think his behavior so far has been overly suspicious. Good point about Thorne, except in the last big game (or one before that?) an FM was lynched day on and no one really defended him either.

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1297681' date='Apr 2 2008, 12.41']I thought he was disagreeing with our reasons. Why do you say he's repeating them?[/quote]

he[i] claims [/i]he is disagreeing, but really, when you boil it down, it is pretty close to the orgianl case, just reworded and the context changed.

[quote name='House Connington' post='1297682' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.42']I'm still trying to figure out why he's voting the symp over the FM.[/quote]

His explanation was that he thinks its more likely that Thorne is a symp than it is Corbray is FM.

But I'm not sure why he thinks Thorne is a likely symp. Grandison, can you clear that up?

[quote name='House Fell' post='1297686' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.44']he[i] claims [/i]he is disagreeing, but really, when you boil it down, it is pretty close to the orgianl case, just reworded and the context changed.[/quote]

Really? Why do you think that? It didn't seem the same to me.

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1297688' date='Apr 2 2008, 12.46']His explanation was that he thinks its more likely that Thorne is a symp than it is Corbray is FM.[/quote]

It makes no sense, to me at least, for a symp to be as middle of the road as Thorne was. It makes more sense for him to be a FM.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1297684' date='Apr 2 2008, 17.42']While I find Wythers to be a bit of an odd duck, err squirrell, I don't think his behavior so far has been overly suspicious. Good point about Thorne, except in the last big game (or one before that?) an FM was lynched day on and no one really defended him either.[/quote]
Er, which game exactly you mean? I remember two games where a killer was lynched at day 1 and his partner was catched next day because of this. I can't remember a game where a killer wasn't defended by anybody.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297693' date='Apr 2 2008, 11.52']Er, which game exactly you mean? I remember two games where a killer was lynched at day 1 and his partner was catched next day because of this. I can't remember a game where a killer wasn't defended by anybody.[/quote]

Game 48. If anyone did defend him, it was a clueless innocent, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't much of that either.

Archived