AGOT Mafia XLIX - The Foundation of the Kingsguard

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297372' date='Apr 2 2008, 07.06']I'd like to hear from Pommingham. I liked the post on Thorne, except for the nice little escape clause paragraph. I generally don't like it when players suggest defenses for those they are voting for. Let's let Thorne defend himself with his own words.[/quote]
Wasn't an escape clause. Aside from the obvious hypocrisy of including a handy way out in that particular post, I'd point out that I actually don't find the idea that Thorne's post was so inconclusive just because they wanted to look like they were contributing to be in any way a positive one at all. If that's their reason for posting what they did, well, it's still pretty suspicious.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297372' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.06']Mallister: Are you playing?[/quote]It seems the game stopped just after I posted first. And I wasn't in mood to talk with myself.
We have two easy targets now: Thorne and Grandison. I'll wait for Grandison to explain themselves.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297415' date='Apr 2 2008, 09.39']It seems the game stopped just after I posted first. And I wasn't in mood to talk with myself.
We have two easy targets now: Thorne and Grandison. I'll wait for Grandison to explain themselves.[/quote]

Just going for the low-hanging fruit, eh? There are votes on Florent, myself and Smallwood you could comment upon. What do you think of those cases? Other other players that you feel need some attention?

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1297412' date='Apr 2 2008, 09.37']Wasn't an escape clause. Aside from the obvious hypocrisy of including a handy way out in that particular post, I'd point out that I actually don't find the idea that Thorne's post was so inconclusive just because they wanted to look like they were contributing to be in any way a positive one at all. If that's their reason for posting what they did, well, it's still pretty suspicious.[/quote]

Ah, I re-read your post and see that you are including it as another suspicion not as an alternate innocent explanation.

[quote name='House Plumm' post='1296517' date='Apr 1 2008, 16.37']Clearly, the declaration was also a joke. :P[/quote]

[quote name='House Plumm' post='1296535' date='Apr 1 2008, 16.50']:rofl:[/quote]

So I finished my re-read of Plumm. Digging through those two posts and really analyzing his position took some hard work. I have to admit he makes a pretty damning argument against Connington and I agree with him that Fell is being nearly totally overlooked. If Plumm keeps this up we'll have identified and hanged all the FM by D3.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297423' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.48']There are votes on Florent, myself and Smallwood you could comment upon. What do you think of those cases?[/quote]Cases? I remember random votes, but no cases.
[quote]Other other players that you feel need some attention?[/quote]Bar Emmon?

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1296472' date='Apr 1 2008, 15.59']Sorry I'm late. I was a bit hung over from last nights festivities.

:cheers:[/quote]

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1296543' date='Apr 1 2008, 16.55']So you just underlined four random people?[/quote]

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1296668' date='Apr 1 2008, 18.04']An unhappy person with a cleft lip?[/quote]

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1296679' date='Apr 1 2008, 18.10']I really shouldn't have tried to fit that credit card in my mouth. :P

Lesson learned: Credit cards are sharp.[/quote]

And here's the re-read of Erenford. OK, there's nuthin' there except the post in response to Smallwood's "code." Which I find somewhat odd. It's clearly NOT four random people. Even if you think it's just a joke post and not a "sekret message."

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297494' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.38']Wythers, are you really trying to make re-reads [i]at this stage[/i] of the game? You are evidently over-eager. Unnaturally agressive, perhaps.[/quote]

Since when is doing rereads on day 1 a bad thing?

And since when is being aggressive a bad thing?

I'm here. The vote on Plumm is a joke vote, to whoever asked.

So, let's change it to [b]Thorne[/b]. That post was a school example of middle-roadness. I can't see how it could ever look helpful. He didn't really raise any new points, but neutrally commented on the existing ones. It's so blatantly wishy-washy that I have a small trouble believing an evil player would post it. Since it's only small, let's join the mob.

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297480' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.30']Cases? I remember random votes, but no cases.[/quote]

The vote on Plumm is a random vote. Each of the others was made with at least some marginal justification. Don't be disingenuous. Do you really think the case on Thorne or your accusation of Grandison is stronger or in any way different than the case against Florent? Do you agree that Smallwood has been suspicious and/or sympish?

[quote]Bar Emmon?[/quote]

Bar Emmon is about 3 hours from a modkill. Let's focus on people that might actually be playing.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1297352' date='Apr 2 2008, 05.30']I really don't buy the Thorne case. Some people just can't suspect people all that much. I'm that way myself, and so I don't really find Thorne's posts suspicious, just... not very helpful. However, I'd be very interested in hearing more from him, especially concerning his vote for Wythers. He seems to consider voting for Corbray, Smallwood, Florent, and Wythersm but doesn't really state too many reasons. Then again, it's really hard to come up with something on day 1, so maybe not too strange. The reason for Corbray is because he put a vote and went away, Smallwood because of the code, and Florent for being undecisive (agree here). Of those, the one that really stands out is Corbray. Why on earth Corbray? He's made three posts that I can see, one joke vote, one asking if the game is halted already, and one about... well, nothing.

This is a bit of a far fetch, but what if this is a symp clue we're looking at? Then Corbray would be most likely as a FM, along with one of the three others.

[b]Thorne[/b][/quote]

Others have already mentioned how suspicious this post is, so I'll just add my voice to the choir. Grandison disagrees with the case on Thorne, but comes up with some other reason to (sort of?) suspect him. He wonders if there is a Thorne is a symp to Corbray, and then he votes for Thorne instead of Corbray. Its a weird post.

I think Thorne's middle-roading is worth noting down but not worth lynching today unless no other options come up. He could be keeping his options open but it was early Day 1 so being indecisive isn't that strange. I think Grandison's vote on Thorne is far more suspicious but I'd like to hear from him again before putting down a vote.

For now, I think I'll put a summoning vote on [b]Bar Emmon[/b].

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297494' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.38']Wythers, are you really trying to make re-reads [i]at this stage[/i] of the game? You are evidently over-eager. Unnaturally agressive, perhaps.[/quote]

Are you trying to play this game? The "re-read" of Plumm was meant to point out that he's only posted ONE SENTENCE and an emote.

The re-read of Erenford was intended to be the same but I actually found something that struck me as odd.

Over-eager for what? Over-eager to get people talking and playing the game, over-eager to get people to commit to what they are thinking?

Aggressive yes, but hardly unnaturally so. I'm trying to move the game forward by getting you to respond to questions which you appear to be hesitant to do. :unsure:

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Fell, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Merryweather, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Thorne, Tollett, Wythers.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Thorne (Merryweather, Pommingham, Grandison, Corbray)
2 votes for Wythers (Connington, Thorne)
2 votes for Florent (Wythers, Smallwood)
1 vote for Smallwood (Florent)
1 vote for Bar Emmon (Plumm)

5 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Erenford, Fell, Mallister, Tollett.

There are 9.5 hours left in the day (and Bar Emmon's modkill)...

[quote name='House Mallister' post='1297486' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.36']Seriously, people. Except of Thorne and Grandison, nobody said anything suspicious here.
Of course, I could pit my finger into random direction and see if anything sticks... [b]but I think it's abit too late.[/b][/quote]

A bit too late for us to try to identify other suspects today? We still have about 9 hours.

So in your mind these are only these two and we should figure out which of them to lynch? I don't understand this and I really don't like it.

[quote name='House Plumm' post='1297508' date='Apr 2 2008, 06.47']For now, I think I'll put a summoning vote on [b]Bar Emmon[/b].[/quote]

Having a few hours until he dies should be enough pressure to summon BE. Your vote is pretty useless on him right now.

[quote name='House Smallwood' post='1297157' date='Apr 1 2008, 21.09']You people wouldn't recognize a bad pun if it sauntered slowly through the room, naked. :P That'll show me for embracing the new-April spirit and letting Eris get the better of me.

Change vote to [b]Florent[/b]. Of all of the F's and M's I've named, Florent seems the fishiest.[/quote]

Smallwood, your FM theory seemed like a joke, but now you keep voting people based on it. So which is it, joke or real? If its a joke then you need to better explain your Florent vote.

Archived