AGOT Mafia XLIX - The Foundation of the Kingsguard

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1297919' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.23']He does have a point about it would've been faster to just say "Plumm has only two posts", but still...[/quote]

Faster? Does [i]style[/i] matter for naught in this game?

Grandison, what is it with you? Did you just post a case that you said fell apart and then still voted for that person?

[quote name='House Smallwood' post='1297859' date='Apr 2 2008, 13.40']Now that I read it again, however, I think there's a possibility that Florent could be a symp to (in order of most to least likely) Thorne, Wythers, or Merryweather. Hard to tell, though. Thorne and Florent were equally wishy-washy during this exchange, but Florent was the one parroting back Thorne's ideas.

There's also the chance that Florent is just clueless.[/quote]

I like your points against Florent.

The problem is, everything he has done points to him either being a clueless innocent or a clueless FM, with the constant being that he just seems clueless (no offense, Florent).

The weird thing is he said this earlier:

[quote name='Florent']The first stages in the game are pretty wide open, so I'll just say Smallwood for now.[/quote]

Which might be implying that he has played before. Doesn't quite fit with the clueless persona.

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1297798' date='Apr 2 2008, 10.07']We have one person making a somewhat subtle defense for Thorne here. So it isn't like nobody at all is stepping up to the plate for them even if it isn't very much so. Not all that much to work with certainly, but maybe a player to keep an eye on?[/quote]
It was not a subtle defense. It was a defense, plain and simple with no subtlety involved. I dont think you can rightfully lynch anyone on Day 1 for being indecisive in the first ten hours of the game. In fact I think the people that piggybacked onto Merryweather's vote were perhpas a bit overeager for a lynch.

[b]Grandison[/b] I am more concerned about. He uses many words to say that Smallwood is strange but strange in a good way (okay, thats very nice hun but we are worried about who to lynch not who not to lynch). He then says he [i]does not[/i] buy the Thorne case, but then says he finds Thornes suspicions of Corbray suspicious. I personally see this as a method of piling onto the bandwagon without really piling onto the bandwagon. It feels to me like he's trying to contribute, but doesn't really have anything to say. His post where he removes his vote rang very scummy to me. Remove vote just because eveyrone else calls BS? He even flat out says he is willing to put his vote wherever if someone "good-looking" comes up. Talk about keeping all options open.

[quote name='House Plumm' post='1297940' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.38'][b]Grandison[/b] I am more concerned about. He uses many words to say that Smallwood is strange but strange in a good way (okay, thats very nice hun but we are worried about who to lynch not who not to lynch). He then says he [i]does not[/i] buy the Thorne case, but then says he finds Thornes suspicions of Corbray suspicious. I personally see this as a method of piling onto the bandwagon without really piling onto the bandwagon. It feels to me like he's trying to contribute, but doesn't really have anything to say. His post where he removes his vote rang very scummy to me. Remove vote just because eveyrone else calls BS? He even flat out says he is willing to put his vote wherever if someone "good-looking" comes up. Talk about keeping all options open.[/quote]

Okay there's one thing I don't quite understand about the Grandison case. If he wanted to vote for Thorne, why not just take the easy road and agree with the case against him? Why disagree with it and then come up with a weaker case that many people were likely to dismiss? Do you think he's just a bumbling FM who is out of his element? Or do you think he has some other reason for acting like that?

I actually do have a theory in mind for why he would do that, but I'm not going to say it right out. I want you or somebody else who is voting for Grandison to try to answer first.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1297911' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.18']Well, to be honest, it may seem like I agreed with Wythers, but like many other people said, the code is just... stupid, lol. It'd be way too obvious to figure out. In other words, my post was a semi-joke. :lol:

The second quoted statement is a bit true, however :P[/quote]

Florent - What do you make of the cases on Thorne, Grandison, Mallister and myself?

Have you yet come up with any reason to be suspicious of Smallwood?

Hopefully I will be back before the day ends (only a rare chance of not), but I'll add my vote to [b]Grandison[/b] now just to be safe.

I am still not really sure on Thorne and am keeping him on my suspicious list. If needed to change to get the lynch I will do so.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1297945' date='Apr 2 2008, 13.46']Hopefully I will be back before the day ends (only a rare chance of not), but I'll add my vote to [b]Grandison[/b] now just to be safe.

I am still not really sure on Thorne and am keeping him on my suspicious list. If needed to change to get the lynch I will do so.[/quote]

If you're going to vote for Grandison you could at least try to answer my question about the case on him.

When is the deadline?

Nothing is making sense to me so I want to do a reread but I can't do it while I'm at work.

Grandison is basically asking to be lynched. The case on Thorne makes sense but it's so fucking obvious it hurts. I don't think Mallister is a FM, nor Wythers at this point.

I'm not sure if I have a vote but if I do [b]remove vote[/b].

[quote name='House Connington' post='1297949' date='Apr 2 2008, 13.49']Grandison is basically asking to be lynched. The case on Thorne makes sense but it's so fucking obvious it hurts. I don't think Mallister is a FM, nor Wythers at this point.[/quote]

How do you feel about Florent?

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1297942' date='Apr 2 2008, 11.42']Okay there's one thing I don't quite understand about the Grandison case. If he wanted to vote for Thorne, why not just take the easy road and agree with the case against him? Why disagree with it and then come up with a weaker case that many people were likely to dismiss? Do you think he's just a bumbling FM who is out of his element? Or do you think he has some other reason for acting like that?[/quote]
Easy road is obvious. Grandy would look like a piggybacker and parroter. Better to provide his own reasoning even if its a little shoddy. Look at the last few games where we've forgiven bad cases. There is more leniency to bad cases than there is to going with the crowd.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Fell, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Merryweather, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Thorne, Tollett, Wythers.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Thorne (Merryweather, Pommingham, Corbray, Smallwood)
2 votes for Wythers (Thorne, Mallister)
2 votes for Grandison (Plumm, Fell)
1 vote for Florent (Wythers)
1 vote for Smallwood (Florent)
1 vote for Mallister (Grandison)

4 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Erenford, Tollett.

4.5 hours left (We are working on replacing House Bar Emmon, if you are watching and would like to play please PM House Targ ASAP)

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297876' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.56']Pommingham and I already cleared that up. Reading Pomm's post it is another suspicion not an excuse.[/quote]

I did, but I don't accept the explanation as easily as you did. There is not enough information to say any more about Pommingham at this point.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297876' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.56']So do we have another defence of Thorne? That's also mildly defending Grandy?[/quote]

Yes, to a certain extent, I remain unconvinced that Thorne (and Grandison for that matter) is guilty. I would like to hear more from him. I considered that Grandison could have just really screwed up his first couple of posts, if that counts as a defense. I guess am having a hard time convincing myself that he could be that incompetent, but he could be. Certainly the link to Fell's post looks like it could be an honest mistake.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297876' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.56']Mallister is being lazy and unhelpful. Not pushy, just pushing back at me[/quote]

He's pushy and whiny. Only pushy against you? Okay I can accept that.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1297876' date='Apr 2 2008, 14.56']Maybe a defence of Thorne is building via another lynch train. Split the votes and we go to night, is that the plan?[/quote]

I am mulling over Grandison's explanations. I might be willing to switch my vote to someone else, but the other top candidate (Thorne) seems *slightly* less suspicious to me. They both seem a little obvious, which is problematic. Seeing as I put the first vote on Grandison, I hardly think that it counts as "splitting" the vote.

[quote name='House Tollett' post='1297975' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.04']Seeing as I put the first vote on Grandison, I hardly think that it counts as "splitting" the vote.[/quote]

Targ, this vote seems to be missing from your vote count.

*Looks at vote count*
It is day 1.

15 players remain: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Fell, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Merryweather, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Thorne, Tollett, Wythers.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Thorne (Merryweather, Pommingham, Corbray, Smallwood)
3 votes for Grandison (Tollett, Plumm, Fell)
2 votes for Wythers (Thorne, Mallister)
1 vote for Florent (Wythers)
1 vote for Smallwood (Florent)
1 vote for Mallister (Grandison)

3 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Erenford.

..I don't see anything missing! ;)

About 4 hours left...in two hours I will PM a possible replacement if nobody else comes forward

[quote name='House Tollett' post='1297975' date='Apr 2 2008, 16.04']Yes, to a certain extent, I remain unconvinced that Thorne (and Grandison for that matter) is guilty. I would like to hear more from him. I considered that Grandison could have just really screwed up his first couple of posts, if that counts as a defense. I guess am having a hard time convincing myself that he could be that incompetent, but he could be. Certainly the link to Fell's post looks like it could be an honest mistake.[/quote]

So you are unconvinced that Thorne or Grandison is guilty. Especially Grandison which you think likely has just been making honest mistakes....

[quote]I am mulling over Grandison's explanations. I might be willing to switch my vote to someone else, but the other top candidate (Thorne) seems *slightly* less suspicious to me. They both seem a little obvious, which is problematic. Seeing as I put the first vote on Grandison, I hardly think that it counts as "splitting" the vote.[/quote]

But hey I can't be defending them because I voted for him! Huh? The fact that you started an alternate lynch train doesn't mean that the intent wasn't to deflect attention from Thorne. THAT is splitting the vote so that we can't come to a consensus on a lynch and we end up going to night, to the FM's advantage.

What do you think of Florent? or Mallister?

I am off for now but will try to be back before the end of day.

My preference remains Florent due to his initial flip-flop and no real contribution since then. I am leaning towards Tollett next, then perhaps Grandison. I'm not feeling convinced regarding Thorne at present.

Archived