AGOT Mafia XLIX - The Foundation of the Kingsguard

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1298837' date='Apr 3 2008, 06.01']Well, on reread, there wasn't the sort of late starting effort to get rid of Florent that I'd recalled. However, the FM definitely benefit from no lynch, so I'm still a little concerned about players like Wythers and Connington who were pushing Florent for a lynch even after it was really obvious that we couldn't get enough votes on Florent to achieve anything.[/quote]

I'm going to assume we have a different definition of pushing a lynch?

There was absolutely no way I was going to push a lynch hard that wouldn't work to get a no lynch. I voted Thorne to avoid one so your statements make no sense.

I'll comment more later when I have time but I just want to say that I was right about Merryweather and my amazing deduction from his "Monkey" comment. So hah!

Morning. I'm upset about the Merryweather lynch for several reason...not only was it WJ, but he was one of the top posters yesterday. It's often hard to get people to talk on the first day, and he was doing a very good job of it. I want to look over what he said again and see if there is some clue in his posts.

I preferred the Grandison lynch yesterday, and only switched after the tide went towards Thorne. I am returning my vote to [b]Grandison[/b]

I am working, so I will be checking in sporadically.

[quote name='House Connington' post='1298858' date='Apr 3 2008, 04.31']I'm going to assume we have a different definition of pushing a lynch?[/quote]Don't know what your definition is, really, so I can't say. Maybe 'pushing' is too strong a word in your case (although not in the case of Wythers) but I am a little wary about the timing of your interest in Florent.

[quote]There was absolutely no way I was going to push a lynch hard that wouldn't work to get a no lynch. I voted Thorne to avoid one so your statements make no sense.[/quote]Sure, and that's a point in your favour. However, I still think that an attempt to split the votes in a third direction at that point in the day only benefits the FM, so anyone who started talking about maybe voting Florent so late in the day looks a little suspect. Just because you voted Thorne in the end doesn't remove that suspicion, although it does mitigate it to a degree. .

It is day 2.

13 players remain: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Fell, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Grandison (Mallister, Fell)

11 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Florent, Grandison, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett, Wythers.

ETA: vote count corrected

Morning all...

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1298837' date='Apr 3 2008, 12.01']Well, on reread, there wasn't the sort of late starting effort to get rid of Florent that I'd recalled. However, the FM definitely benefit from no lynch, so I'm still a little concerned about players like Wythers and Connington who were pushing Florent for a lynch even after it was really obvious that we couldn't get enough votes on Florent to achieve anything.[/quote]
What about Mallister?

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1298837' date='Apr 3 2008, 03.01']However, the FM definitely benefit from no lynch[/quote]
If Thorne was innocent - and I would be very very surprised if TGT was not innocent - then the FMs should not have had anything against lynching Thorne.

I am renewing my vote on [b]Grandison[/b] for now. When I come back in the afternoon I will take a look and votes and reread to see if anything pops up in light of the nk.

[quote name='House Plumm' post='1298918' date='Apr 3 2008, 05.56']If Thorne was innocent - and I would be very very surprised if TGT was not innocent - then the FMs should not have had anything against lynching Thorne.[/quote]
Obviously. But no lynch is a (slightly) better outcome for the FM in my opinion, as we'd have only lynched Thorne sometime down the track anyway and the FM get a free kill.

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1298885' date='Apr 3 2008, 07.22']It is day 2.

13 players remain: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Fell, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett, Wythers.

1 vote for Grandison (Fell)

12 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett, Wythers.[/quote]

Dearest Moderators,

I believe you may have overlooked post #267 where Mallister put in a day 2 vote on Grandison as well.

Regards,

Ser Tollett

[b]Erenford[/b] never voted. He had only one post of substance that I recall where he pointed out the "defense" of Thorne.

But here is my concern, having never voted and hardly contributed, he would be a perfect NK. The fact that Erenford is still with us makes me very suspicious of him. Erenford, do you think Thorne was innocent or did we get a FM?

Smallwood: funny post. :lol: And nice symp clues too. Interesting that Fell and Florent made it on your list again.

Anyone ready to discuss how many FM we have? I'm thinking Piper and Week might enjoy filling the game with roles and setting 3 FM and a symp against us.

Lastly, why are people convinced that Thorne was inno just b/c it was TGTBT? I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning.

It is day 2.

3 votes for Grandison (Mallister, Fell, Plumm)
1 vote for Erenford (Wythers)

9 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Florent, Grandison, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett.

A bit more than 20 hours remain, if I'm not wrong.....

ETA: vote count fixed,

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1299021' date='Apr 3 2008, 09.12']It is day 2.

2 votes for Grandison (Mallister, Fell)

10 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Corbray, Erenford, Florent, Grandison, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett.

A bit more than 20 hours remain, if I'm not wrong.....[/quote]

Well, there is the small matter of Plumm's vote on Grandison (#287).

eta: fixed post number

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1299016' date='Apr 3 2008, 08.05'][b]Erenford[/b] never voted. He had only one post of substance that I recall where he pointed out the "defense" of Thorne.

But here is my concern, having never voted and hardly contributed, he would be a perfect NK. The fact that Erenford is still with us makes me very suspicious of him. Erenford, do you think Thorne was innocent or did we get a FM?

Smallwood: funny post. :lol: And nice symp clues too. Interesting that Fell and Florent made it on your list again.

Anyone ready to discuss how many FM we have? I'm thinking Piper and Week might enjoy filling the game with roles and setting 3 FM and a symp against us.

Lastly, why are people convinced that Thorne was inno just b/c it was TGTBT? I'm not saying he isn't, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning.[/quote]
Bar Emmon was even a better kill than Erenford, if that's the way you think. But alt-guessed WJ was better than both of them IMO.

Piper and Week gave us no CF other than a player, which isn't necessarily included. They gave us no healer. Martyr can only protect half of the people. I think that your assumption is far-fetched.

TGT is known to be middle-roaded, so chances of him being guilty are as good as randomly picking any other player from the list.

I am somewhat concerned about this early pile-up on Grandison. Some people seem rather inclined to finish the day as early as possible, and Grandison was a day 1 suspect so much justification isn't needed in order to vote him.

Out of these, I'm mostly concerned about [b]Mallister[/b]. My Internet is fucked up and I can only load a page after like 10 tries, so it's hard to make a re-read, but I'll try right now.

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1299034' date='Apr 3 2008, 09.20']I am somewhat concerned about this early pile-up on Grandison. Some people seem rather inclined to finish the day as early as possible, and Grandison was a day 1 suspect so much justification isn't needed in order to vote him.[/quote]

I agree. Grandison is too easy and frankly a FM flubbing this bad and attracting this kind of attention would have probably been shushed by his partner(s) and we're assuming that at least one of the FM is saavy enough to alt-guess and NK WJ so he should be able to muzzle/manipulate his partner.

[quote]Out of these, I'm mostly concerned about [b]Mallister[/b]. My Internet is fucked up and I can only load a page after like 10 tries, so it's hard to make a re-read, but I'll try right now.[/quote]

I didn't get an evil read on Mallister yesterday. I don't generally ascribe any evil intent to voting for me on D1, other than his reason for the vote was pretty poor. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

All right, here is my 'case' on Mallister, and sorry, but I can't quote. Fuckin' viruses.

Mallister started off shy. Most of their posts were one-liners. This is important to keep in mind, because Martyr can only protect upper half of the posters. So, a reason for him not to be NKed. Granted, WJ kill could disregard this, but I hate analysing NKs in the first place, and the second and more important thing is-those posts were early in the day, when NK couldn't have been decided on yet IMO.

He agreed with our current suspects, and added nothing there. Later, he placed his vote on a pretty useless place, because it seemed that no-one was willing to lynch Wythers. His reasons for suspecting Wythers are poor, he suspects him for being active.

At the beginning of day 2, he voted Grandison before any other suspect was brought forth, possibly trying to derail us from discussion and finding other suspects. He still seems to be suspicious of Wy, and raises some good points this time, but doesn't change his vote, since he wants to end the day ASAP. Plus, he made a case, he contributed, which should make him look good.

Gotta run.

As of right now, I don't buy the Mallister case due to pretty much the same reasons that people suspect him (I personally don't think if he was a FM, he'd be throwing a vote and pushing Wythers with two very easy targets occupying everyone's thoughts unless of course, one of them was his partner which I'm not really sure of at this point) and I think the Grandison train is moving a bit too fast. Like I said yesterday, Grandison was asking to be lynched and to me, it doesn't seem like the kind of playstyle a FM would undertake.

It is day 2.

3 votes for Grandison (Mallister, Fell, Plumm)
1 vote for Mallister (Corbray)

8 players have not voted: Bar Emmon, Connington, Erenford, Florent, Grandison, Pommingham, Smallwood, Tollett.

Some questions to stimulate the game:

Bar Emmon - You seem skeptical of the Thorne lynch, who would you have voted for yesterday and why?

Erenford - why did you never vote? which of yesterday's cases do you think was the strongest and why?

Florent - Why did you feel compelled to change your vote from Grandison to Thorne after Thorne was already lynched?

Grandison - Please explain why you said "two masters." What compelled you to change from Mallister to Thorne?

Mallister - Other than Grandison, who are you suspicious of and why?

Smallwood - Why did you change your "On Notice" list? Your post says you edited the list. What was on it before and why did you change it?

I'm gonna look at Plumm and Tollett next.

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1299084' date='Apr 3 2008, 14.54']because Martyr can only protect upper half of the posters.[/quote]Did I miss something?

[quote]He agreed with our current suspects, and added nothing there. Later, he placed his vote on a pretty useless place, because it seemed that no-one was willing to lynch Wythers. His reasons for suspecting Wythers are poor, he suspects him for being active.[/quote]Actually, at day 1 I voted Withers not for being active, but for choosing wrong ways to be active, and for misrepresentation of my thoughts.

[quote]He still seems to be suspicious of Wy, and raises some good points this time, but doesn't change his vote, since he wants to end the day ASAP.[/quote]And you are mispresentating me also. I never tried to end a day early. I haven't voted leaders at day 1, and putting first vote at day 2 doesn't go in that direction also.
Yeah, I am suspecting Wy for possible connection with Grandy, tell me why it might be a reason to change my vote? Wythers can be Grandy's symp easily. Grandy can't be Wythers's symp, it just doesn't make sense.

As for the rest, killers either alt-guessed WJ or tried to target strongest player. They definitele didn't want to go for unproductive player, so it's no wonder they haven't chosen Erenford.

[quote name='House Wythers' post='1299250' date='Apr 3 2008, 16.35']Mallister - Other than Grandison, who are you suspicious of and why?[/quote]You, because of misrepresenting my thoughts and because of being perfect partner for Grandison.
Smallwood, because of overreaction about my crappy analysis, which nobody else cared to comment.
Corbray, also because of misrepresenting me.
Everybody else, because I have no reason to believe anybody of you.

Archived