AGOT Mafia 50 - The Chef Battle

House Targaryen

As biased as I am on anyone joining "my enemies", I feel [b]Pommingham[/b] was a little too opertunistic there, and way too slow with justification when asked. Has he even posted yet?

Anyway. Still way too early for me to be awake. This was the midnight snack of posts... A quick catchup and a couple of replies, then back to bed for an hour or two. See you all soon.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312962' date='Apr 14 2008, 01.24']Still catching up, but i'll respond tio this now so i don't miss it...

The simple fact is i went back and tried to count the votes on me. It still came out at 4 or 5, and your name was prominent on the list. Why would i remember the person i have a joke vote on joke voting me? Who knows. However there's a huge difference between realising exactly where we stand and knowing that player x has a vote on me.[/quote]
Fair enough.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312964' date='Apr 14 2008, 01.28']As biased as I am on anyone joining "my enemies", I feel [b]Pommingham[/b] was a little too opertunistic there, and way too slow with justification when asked. Has he even posted yet?

Anyway. Still way too early for me to be awake. This was the midnight snack of posts... A quick catchup and a couple of replies, then back to bed for an hour or two. See you all soon.[/quote]
He has not posted any follow up as of yet.

I'm thinking that Florent [u]could[/u] be a symp at this point after looking over the material others have posted. I'm thinking that this could be a symp making a fuss to cause people to go into tunnel vision mode. Ignoring other things in favor of what seems to be an obvious lynch.

However, at the same time some of the style of defense leads me to believe that it could be more likely that they're an innocent who just made a mistake and is getting pressured for it. This isn't a bad thing mind you the pressure spawned a decent discussion of Florent.

I'm stuck between the two positions at the moment not feeling strongly for either at this exact moment. I'm going to mull a bit.

Pommingham already has enough pressure being applied to them at the moment, so despite also wanting to see a response to the question I won't be voting on them.

I'll be for a bit yet, so I'm going to look over a couple things again, and see if it shifts my opinion at all.

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1312969' date='Apr 14 2008, 05.45']I'm thinking that Florent [u]could[/u] be a symp at this point after looking over the material others have posted. I'm thinking that this could be a symp making a fuss to cause people to go into tunnel vision mode. Ignoring other things in favor of what seems to be an obvious lynch.

However, at the same time some of the style of defense leads me to believe that it could be more likely that they're an innocent who just made a mistake and is getting pressured for it. This isn't a bad thing mind you the pressure spawned a decent discussion of Florent.

I'm stuck between the two positions at the moment not feeling strongly for either at this exact moment. I'm going to mull a bit.

Pommingham already has enough pressure being applied to them at the moment, so despite also wanting to see a response to the question I won't be voting on them.

I'll be for a bit yet, so I'm going to look over a couple things again, and see if it shifts my opinion at all.[/quote]

Obviously any point i make here can be argued with either "But you may have done that intentionally to avoid suspicion" or "Maybe you just aren't any good at the role", but surely a symp would wait for their masters to be under at least some pressure?

It'd be an odd symp who created the giant fuss in the period of the game that the Innocents are best at doing so all for themselves... And whne it won't help their masters one way or another.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312970' date='Apr 14 2008, 00.50']Obviously any point i make here can be argued with either "But you may have done that intentionally to avoid suspicion" or "Maybe you just aren't any good at the role", but surely a symp would wait for their masters to be under at least some pressure?

It'd be an odd symp who created the giant fuss in the period of the game that the Innocents are best at doing so all for themselves... And whne it won't help their masters one way or another.[/quote]

It's not a terribly unlikely scenario. A symp causes a fuss and causes people to clamp down fairly quickly on one person. It could stop people from looking at other suspects. It's worked to a degree now, but it seems at the same time another person has drawn attention to themselves.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Connington, Corbray, Dayne, Erenford, Fell, Florent, Grandison, Mallister, Merryweather, Plumm, Pommingham, Smallwood, Stokeworth, Thorne, Tollett, Wythers.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

2 votes for Pommingham (Dayne, Florent)
2 votes for Thorne (Merryweather, Plumm)
2 votes for Florent (Fell, Tollett)
1 vote for Merryweather (Thorne)
1 vote for Stokeworth (Grandison)
1 vote for Corbray (Connington)
1 vote for Tollett (Wythers)
1 vote for Grandison (Stokeworth)

5 players have not voted: Corbray, Erenford, Mallister, Pommingham, Smallwood.

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1312971' date='Apr 14 2008, 01.56']It's not a terribly unlikely scenario. A symp causes a fuss and causes people to clamp down fairly quickly on one person. It could stop people from looking at other suspects. It's worked to a degree now, but it seems at the same time another person has drawn attention to themselves.[/quote]
It also can make people either write them off as an innocent or you often find that whomever is close to getting lynched D1 but avoids it often has a knack for sticking around for awhile. Would be a nice situation for a symp that aspires to be an FM later in the game

[quote name='House Fell' post='1312977' date='Apr 14 2008, 06.10']It also can make people either write them off as an innocent or you often find that whomever is close to getting lynched D1 but avoids it often has a knack for sticking around for awhile. Would be a nice situation for a symp that aspires to be an FM later in the game[/quote]

Yes. Winning a 6 handed game of "all assets in" Russian Roulette would be a nice situation to be in too...

Doesn't make it any the less crazy to get yourself into it in the first place though.

Amn't I allowed to leave the board for a couple of hours?
[quote name='House Fell' post='1312908' date='Apr 13 2008, 22.54']In which group? The group of "Florent's enemies"?[/quote]Yes.
[quote]Who is in this group in your opinion[/quote]
Wyther's list was accurate, I suppose. Nobody new joined the group till then.
[quote]and why aren't any FM?[/quote]I see no reason for FMs to join there.
[quote]What do you like about the 'case'?[/quote]Er, it's a case. So it't better than nothing. If there were two cases, I could compare them and choose which is better, but with only one presenting it's impossible.
The fact is that Florent overreacted. It doesn't mean he has to be guilty, but it raises his chances to be guilty comparably with other people. And I don't buy that "too suspicious to be guilty" staff. Because he, er, isn't oversuspicious that much.

I haven't voted because it was general agreement that we won't lynch anybody in next 15 hours or so. So, there was no reason to hurry. But now, [b]Florent[/b].

Thank you for saying absolutely nothing Pommingham. At no point did you give me any sense that you put in any of your own thinking here. Wythers' list, someone else's case, can't see a reason for this or that, etc. No evidence of your own thought process.

eta- Of course leaving for a couple hours is fine...I'm about to leave for several sometime soon...however I posted a reply 4 minutes after your post and you didn't reply until now. Seem(ed/s) a little odd.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1312986' date='Apr 14 2008, 01.41']Thank you for saying absolutely nothing Pommingham. At no point did you give me any sense that you put in any of your own thinking here.[/quote]Well, there are situation where you just can't invent anything new to add. At this stage, a set of possible opinions is finite rather small, I suppose they all are said already.

At least, I chose a side, not everybody achieved that much.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1312981' date='Apr 14 2008, 01.16']I see no reason for FMs to join there.[/quote]
As Fell has already adroitly pointed out, this really isn't a satisfactory response [i]at all[/i].

I'm stunned that you think that FM have no business leaping onto bandwagons in an attempt to get innocents lynched. I'm equally surprised that you feel you can declare around 5 players innocent halfway through Day 1 due to one players overreaction to a pile up of joke votes. I'm hardly convinced Florent is innocent at this stage, but I don't see how you can be so convinced that Florent is guilty that you are willing to write off a whole bunch of players as suspects unless you know something I do not. My vote stands.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1312995' date='Apr 14 2008, 02.18']I'm stunned that you think that FM have no business leaping onto bandwagons in an attempt to get innocents lynched.[/quote]But of course. FMs benefit most from not lynching at all. If they leap onto bandwagons, that's for staying hidden, not for lynching an innocent.
[quote]I'm equally surprised that you feel you can declare around 5 players innocent halfway through Day 1.[/quote]On day 1. Day 2 and later, we always can change opinion about them.
[quote]I don't see how you can be so convinced that Florent is guilty[/quote]I am not convinced at all. I just think Florent's chances to appear guilty are slightly higher than anybody else's.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1312997' date='Apr 14 2008, 02.27']But of course. FMs benefit most from not lynching at all. If they leap onto bandwagons, that's for staying hidden, not for lynching an innocent.[/quote]The FM don't necessarily benefit as much from no lynch relative to an innocent lynch when the innocents actually have powerful roles though. This game we actually have the possibility of having some decent roles, so I'd think the FM have more incentive to try and lynch in the effort to expose roles earlier. I'd be reluctant to assert that the FM won't be voting.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1313013' date='Apr 14 2008, 03.17']This game we actually have the possibility of having some decent roles, so I'd think the FM have more incentive to try and lynch in the effort to expose roles earlier.[/quote]Ok, perhaps you right about this. Still, I'd prefer lynching Florent over anybody from Wythers' list.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1313013' date='Apr 14 2008, 08.17']The FM don't necessarily benefit as much from no lynch relative to an innocent lynch when the innocents actually have powerful roles though. This game we actually have the possibility of having some decent roles, so I'd think the FM have more incentive to try and lynch in the effort to expose roles earlier. I'd be reluctant to assert that the FM won't be voting.[/quote]

Added to that, failing any interventions, Team Innocent has one free "go to night" that won't deprive us of a lynch.

Saying that, i'd rather not use it for a while to see if we get an intervention, as right now a good heal or guard gains us a lynch.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1312994' date='Apr 14 2008, 07.17']At least, I chose a side, not everybody achieved that much.[/quote]

I'm not buying the whole "well, it's a better case than no case" or "well, i suspect him a little more than the others" routine. You put a firm vote down on me, followed up with semi firm reasoning, became a bit shaken with a "At least i chose a side" before flopping in your last post into "Well, i think he's slightly more likely to be guilty than the others"...

Why would you have to choose a side? This has slowly drifted away from looking like the defining part of day 1, and was pretty much dying when you jumped on the train.

Perhaps you want to be seen on one side or another when we analyse votes later? Trying to blend in much? Rather be part of a mob than actually standing outside it thinking for yourself? Or perhaps your lack of conviction is because the senior partner told you to get on this side of the argument, so you did. To seperate you from them. Leave as few links as possible incase you are investigated?

I see Fell has made some reasonable posts during my absence, which gains him a place at the botom of my suspect list.

Pommingham has chosen to take the straight way to the gallows. I wonder why he gathers votes for his POV, while no one seems to suspect Stokeworth. Or Fell. Strange.

Since Tollett got a free pass for not posting, I change my vote to [b]Smallwood[/b]. Connington already explained how Smallwood's behaviour could be desdribed as opportunistic and shy of confrontation.

[i]Targ, I think you forgot Corbray's vote on Mallister in your last vote count.[/i] ;)

[quote name='House Corbray' post='1312854' date='Apr 13 2008, 22.26']For now, I will put a vote on [b]Mallister[/b] for the 3 quick posts at the beginning, and then disappearing.[/quote]

Corbray is there any other special reason why you chose to vote for Mallister? Why not voting for Tollett, a low poster who already had a vote on him?

Archived