AGOT Mafia 50 - The Chef Battle

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1312374' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.04']or maybe they they (me)...(you know I can hear you talking about me) thought the game was starting on monday and just happened to show up then, saw the recipes and added one of their own.[/quote]

This completely destroys Florent's timing point. You're not really helping yourself.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312367' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.00']While that's true, the timing's all off. Think about it, why wait until everyone's here, and the recipe posting has run out of steam? Why not post it earlier, during the craze?[/quote]

Grandison wasn't here earlier, when other people were posting recipes. Also, I wouldn't say that anything has had time to 'run out of steam' yet....the game has just barely started.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1312375' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.05']I think I am sufficiently sane, all things considered.

So you agree that the cock jokes should end, I agree some of it is getting tiresome...but then you go on to make on just a different obnoxious post keeping things pointless? I don't know, usually after deciding I'm tired of RP, I don't continue the nonsense in a different way.[/quote]

Yes. Because it quite clearly wasn't a sarcastic way of commenting we don't really have much to go on yet, and until we have something concrete to talk about, jokes are better than silence. Was it?

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312380' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.06']Grandison wasn't here earlier, when other people were posting recipes. Also, I wouldn't say that anything has had time to 'run out of steam' yet....the game has just barely started.[/quote]

Yeah I hadn't realised that. I must have got him confused with someone else.

I'm not really certain how many votes are on Florent but I'll [b]remove my vote[/b] just the same.

I'd be more than happy to comment on the point against Grandison but I'm not exactly sure what it was. I've decided to experiment with a new style of play too, it's called playing the game with as few pointlless rereads as possible :P

[quote name='House Merryweather' post='1312387' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.09']Who was the someone else?[/quote]

I'm not too sure. As much as i'm posting, I'm also watching Mini-Florent, keeping an eye on my sports team's biggest game of the season and trying to say semi sociable with the other half's parents, so yeah...

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312371' date='Apr 13 2008, 15.03']On the other hand, I'm a little concerned that what is in all essence a joke lynch train on me has grown to the point where I could easily hang. Was it really enough to add tro what's already a substantial lynch train? Or was the semi serious comment about not helping team innocent an attempt at tipping it beyond "joke train" into "good lynch option"?[/quote]

Now this is kind of interesting. You have, what, 3 or 4 votes on you? It takes 9 to lynch, and we have something like 30 hours left in the day. And yet you're already concerned about being lynched? I personally like to see a bit of pressure on somebody, and your reaction is quite intriguing.

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312403' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.17']Now this is kind of interesting. You have, what, 3 or 4 votes on you? It takes 9 to lynch, and we have something like 30 hours left in the day. And yet you're already concerned about being lynched? I personally like to see a bit of pressure on somebody, and your reaction is quite intriguing.[/quote]

As i cross-posted with you...

I thought it was 5 votes with 7 to lynch. It may have been 4, may have been 5, but either way, i thought i was close. Close enough for an accidental lynch.

If in 20 hours time you all decide i'm the best lych, that's fair enough. But hanging by accident isn't fun.

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312405' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.19']If in 20 hours time you all decide i'm the best lych, that's fair enough. But hanging by accident isn't fun.[/quote]

Have you ever seen a game where someone hanged by accident?

[quote name='House Smallwood' post='1312406' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.19']Why so afraid of getting lynched Florent? Afraid you'll let down your evil killing team without having even killed anyone yet?[/quote]

More afraid i'll be accidently killed, depriving team innocent of a lynch.

You can see that accidently lynching someone during the joke session would be bad, can't you?

Or would it perhaps suit your own agenda down to the ground?

[quote name='House Stokeworth' post='1312403' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.17']Now this is kind of interesting. You have, what, 3 or 4 votes on you? It takes 9 to lynch, and we have something like 30 hours left in the day. And yet you're already concerned about being lynched? I personally like to see a bit of pressure on somebody, and your reaction is quite intriguing.[/quote]
This is exactly what I'm thinking. See the quick backtracking and excuses flow out:
[quote name='House Florent' post='1312394' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.14']I'm not too sure. As much as i'm posting, I'm also watching Mini-Florent, keeping an eye on my sports team's biggest game of the season and trying to say semi sociable with the other half's parents, so yeah...[/quote]
And another BS excuse for their overreaction:
[quote name='House Florent' post='1312399' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.16']and for the record it was 4 or 5 votes on me when i re scanned through... So just over or just under halfway to hanging.

I admit, i had "7 votes to hang" in my head when i panicked though. :P[/quote]
Why would you have 7 votes to hang day 1 in a 16 person game? When was the last time someone was lynched this early in a game? Very strange.

By my count it was four of nine. Hardly panic time. Just barely 'get your attention' time.

You may well be telling the truth about the mistaken assumption thing, but to me that is still the most suspicious thing anyone has done so far. Grandison's recipe didn't and doesn't strike me as anything but RP in the spirit of the game.

I'll keep my vote where it is right now. I am not really seeing better options at this point. Very early though.

[quote name='House Smallwood' post='1312411' date='Apr 13 2008, 14.21']Oh, oh, I have! Several actually.[/quote]

Well I haven't. Every single time a joke lynch gets anywhere near a lynch, someone calls it out and people drop the votes. I have never seen someone get 9 joke votes and be lynched on day 1. If you have, you must have played with some really bad players.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1312410' date='Apr 13 2008, 19.21']Why would you have 7 votes to hang day 1 in a 16 person game? When was the last time someone was lynched this early in a game? Very strange.[/quote]

1) So you never make a mistake and mis-calculate what's going on? Even when not fully paying attention?

2) No, I haven't seen an accidental lynch, or a lynch this early before. However, I don't want it to be known as "Being Florented" in the future, so would prefer to keep it that way.

Even if I was the baddie, wouldn't it be best to be slightly closer to night before lynch trains get too large?

[quote name='House Florent' post='1312408' date='Apr 13 2008, 12.20']More afraid i'll be accidently killed, depriving team innocent of a lynch.[/quote]

How noble of you :P

[quote]You can see that accidently lynching someone during the joke session would be bad, can't you?

Or would it perhaps suit your own agenda down to the ground?[/quote]

I can think of worse things that could happen. Plus if you (or anyone) were to 'accidentally' get lynched I think it'd tell us a lot about who to look at next.

Archived