Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353641' date='May 13 2008, 20.55']We're running out of time for a consensus for a lynch. Instead of listing ppl you wonn't lynch, let's concentrate on who we *will* lynch.

Varden has now appeared and I'm willing to wait to see what he has to say but not for much longer.

Cargan could be a good choice, imo. He's been a complete distraction, doesn't seem capable of articulating a case or looking for any alternate lynches beyond his vibes.

Naomh is a decent choice. I also don't like the "don't work hard on D1" line. At best it's lazy inno talk and at worst it's FM stifling inquiry.[/quote]

Hmm after reading through I realized how little there really was to go off of right now.

Along with the vibe thing, early on, Cargan claimed to not read the rules, and posted without reading them. I think this could just have been misdirection. Of course, I did [u]not[/u] read the rules before signing up, but I certainly read them before posting (except for my first post saying "I'll read the first pages now"). This is certainly not reasoning worth lynching over. But that innocent mistake or suspicious comment/edit, depending on how you take it, along with these vibes I think is enough to justify a lynch on him as far as day 1 evidence goes.

As has been said before, Naomh is middle of the road, not voting for anyone yet. I said I couldn't vote for her because I was on no road, but now I am. I would much rather prefer to lynch [u]Cargan[/u] than her. I'll go look back at Marga's post after I eat, but based on what we have so far, I think that if we want a lynch the first day it is best to go with Cargan or Naomh. I would prefer Cargan, but if we just need to go for a lynch, I would be willing to switch over. I am not feeling any "vibes" on Naomh, but if we need the lynch I'll go for that.

[quote name='Brighid' post='1353651' date='May 13 2008, 14.59'][b]Naomh[/b]. Pretty much every post so far from her has been evasive or middle-of-the-roading or both.[/quote]
[b]Brighid[/b], for [s]bad vibes[/s] jumping the bandwagon.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1353720' date='May 13 2008, 14.35']I'm fine with your last post. I still think you're guilty but that post didn't bother me. I don't think anything you said was WIFOM and I think they were valid observations. Now whether I think they came from the mouth of a guilty player or not is a completely different story.

However, I completely disagree with your comments regarding us "disrespecting" other people's playstyles. If you look at the games lost to the FM, it's because players with the "wait and see" "vibes" or lurker playstyles are generally left alive til the end and as a result, they're lynched due to no visible information within their posts that help discern alignment. If you post about everyone, post everything that you notice whether big or small and generally help try to find FM, chances are that at the end of the game, it'll be much easier to determine who are the FM and who aren't.

I play the game with the idea that all information on day 1 is helpful. Most people play the game with the idea that day 1 is pointless cause it doesn't always yield satisfactory results. That's the difference between you and me and it's why I "try too hard" on day 1.

Anyway, at the end of the day, bullying you isn't because we're disrespecting you, it's because we want information for the future. Refusing to provide that information just makes it seem like you're hiding something or scared of forming connections.

Oh and one more thing. If you're going to criticize people for "disrespecting" playstyles, look in the mirror. Calling me "Action Jackson" is condescending in nature and does exactly what you're criticizing others of doing.[/quote]

There is truth to the idea that FM fly below the radar most of the game. However, there is also truth to the fact that FM are rarely caught on D1, and the strategy of lynching the D1 low poster is unlikely to actually catch a FM on D1, and more likely to catch an inexperienced player. I draw a distinction between giving low posters a complete pass in the game versus taking out Varden becuase he is the low-hanging fruit on D1. People were all ready to jump on Varden when he had only made 2 posts. That is a bad strategy, to me. Why not look closer at Teafa? who has not contributed much, or some of the others who are posting just enough to not be singled out as the low poster, but still not doing anything useful? You know there are no symps in the game, so either I am being honest about my thoughts on Varden, or I am being a really stupid FM partner to him.

Yeah, I'm sorry for calling you "action Jackson" but so many of you "stir the pot" types are so annoyingly smug about how helpful you are being, and I am not convinced that it is all that helpful. Some players seem to wield that playstyle effectively, and others seem to just muddy everything up for everyone. This game feels muddy.

You won't know if I am guilty or not until you reach spoiler heaven, but when you do, think back to this conversation and decide whether your read on me was really useful.

Considering all the "pushy" types in this game, I would think my more relaxed playstyle would be welcomed. If all of us were pushy then we'd really have a tinderbox/shouting match going here, wouldn't we.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Brighid, Cargan, Dreyken, Fionn, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

4 votes for Brighid (Marga, Riona, Naomh, Cargan)
3 votes for Naomh (Dreyken, Teafa, Brighid)
2 vote for Cargan (Fionn, varden)
1 votes for Varden (Ogan)

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353759' date='May 13 2008, 15.50']Cargan - what do you think of Naomh? Do you agree that she's been "middle of the road"? Do you get any vibes from her posts?[/quote]
I am suspicious of Naomh as well, and I believe I said I liked the case on her earlier. No vibes either way. Bad vibes are on that butterfly chick (Teaffa?) and you. Good vibes on Marga and Dreykin.

I have to go now. Will not be back before the day ends. Will be back right after the day ends, but that doesn't count for much.

[quote name='Ógán' post='1353723' date='May 13 2008, 14.36']Sorry to hurt your feelings. :love:

Please can you answer the question on how you feel about Cargan?[/quote]

I wasn't being extremely direct, but I this was meant to be about Cargan:

[quote name=' naomh']I don't personally play by "vibes" but I respect the fact that some members of your community like to play an intuitive style that is not based on objective evidence or making logical cases. I know that drives some of us crazy, but it is not a clear indication of guilt, by itself. Sure, he could be guilty, but he makes a point in #169 that coming out with a "vibes" vote on a low poster is not exactly the best way for an FM to avoid attention. Why not just put a "pressure" vote on a low poster, or whatever?[/quote]

I did not have a strong guilty read on him. Neutral, so far.

Would vote him if a lynch formed because he is not in my small pool of innocent-ish players.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1353721' date='May 13 2008, 15.35']Several people said they were willing to vote for me, and clearly still may. At the time, it felt like a groundswell that you were trying to capitalize on. It still does, a little.

At least you don't deny that you had no original thoughts and were simply following what others had said about me.[/quote]

That's a cop-out. People said they were willing to vote for you, but where are those voters now? It's a typical partner tactic, saying you're willing to vote for Player X but voting for Player Y instead because you don't actually want to lynch your partner. On the other hand, I'm not sure if it makes sense to do that on day 1 in a game without a CF.

So we are 2 votes from one lynch and 3 from the other, then Cargan and I are the stragglers but still not too far from a lynch if the right momentum comes. I would be willing to vote Brighid to avoid a no lynch, even though I don't feel too strongly on the case compared to others.

Are we on agreement that we would prefer a lynch on the first day or no?

We really need a lynch on day 1. It's rarely wise not to, is it?

On the other hand, i'm happy where my vote is. Plus I can't bring us closer, i'd just make it muddier, or bring someone else into a 4-3 lead... So i'll stay put :-p

Honestly, I re-read Brigid and while there's nothing that makes me want to vote for her, that one argument that people said sounded like one an inexperienced player would make, did not sound inexperienced at all to me. In fact, it's true--I've totally capitalized on cases my FM partners have made in the past and used them as a reason to vote. The way she stated it was convoluted but that doesn't make it less of a valid argument.

Which, of course, makes me wary of the people who were like, "Let's not lynch Brigid because she's just inexperienced." I can't remember who first said that, but I could count it as a defense. I still think Naomh is acting more evil than Brigid and I'd prefer lynching her, but I'd also prefer lynching Brigid over a no-lynch.

[quote name='Várden' post='1353789' date='May 13 2008, 22.03']Are we on agreement that we would prefer a lynch on the first day or no?[/quote]As others have pointed out, I'm [i]inexperienced[/i], so I'm not really all that certain. However, generally it's not as important in non-CF games as in CF.

In either case, we're running out of time.

I think a no-lynch would be bad. It screws up vote analysis, and it keeps us from narrowing the field. I know we don't have a CF, but the chances of us randomly hitting a finder are the lowest on D1. Plus, if we did target an FM by chance, there is always the chance of a false reveal which is always helpful.

We need lynchtrains and I think we need a lynch as well.

Alright, I guess it just depends if another person as well as me would be willing to switch over. I have to run here in a few minutes (literally) but the end of the day is near anyways right? I'll at least stick around til that long, then I won't be back for an hour or two.

And I agree Teafa, but if we want to avoid a no lynch and the Brighid voters can't be moved, Brighid is as close as it gets right now.

Any Brighid voters willing to change over? Either way I just think we should come to a consensus on one lynch.

[quote name='Brighid' post='1353802' date='May 13 2008, 16.08']As others have pointed out, I'm [i]inexperienced[/i], so I'm not really all that certain. However, generally it's not as important in non-CF games as in CF.

In either case, we're running out of time.[/quote]

Oh, now you're calling yourself inexperienced. I call bullshit on that one. Maybe I'm going to have to eat my words in the spoilers, but I think you just sealed your fate there.

Archived