Mafia 52: Doctor Who

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Moore' post='1366400' date='May 22 2008, 13.40']He said that he protected me, not that he guarded me.

As for the reveal itself....I'll comment on it if I survive to see morning.[/quote]

Why not comment on it now? If he is telling the truth you are guaranteed to survive until morning. If you are NK'd then we know he is lying and we can lynch Royce tomorrow.

If you both survive until morning, it doesn't really confirm anything, but your commenting on it now doesn't change anything does it? I imagine that if you are innocent, Moore, that you are fairly high up on the NK list, also since you are a guard. The evils have to be interested in getting rid of royce soon just so they can get to you now. The longer Royce stays in the game, the worse it looks for both of you.

It's just a really, really odd reveal. An unlimited guard than can't be NK'd until another player is eliminated. Did the evils ever really have a chance?

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1366235' date='May 22 2008, 19.39']You all tend to believe that the cult is dead. Why? Moore says so. Why would you believe Moore? Because of the chance of a counterclaim? Could have been a lucky gamble. Or he could have been a guard, and yet converted on N1.

Moore is clearly NaK. If he was one, he wouldn't have done the reveal in the first place. He would want us to look for the converts and and leave him and his FM friends alone.

But he can still be a cultist. Would be a bold move to reveal, but not impossible, and not unlikely. As I don't buy 'cult can convert anytime they like' crap, I'd assume that if Moore is indeed the convert, he didn't convert anyone on N2. So, he is able to do it tonight.

So, if Moore is lying, Footly is likely an innocent. We'll know this because Moore would rattle if he's cult. But we ought to do it today. Any way, we'll be sure that the cult is gone, and we can lynch Footly tommorow. I'd even accept being lynched as his possible partner on day 5.

But I feel confident about my plan. If there is cult, we can be certain that it's gone after Moore's lynch (no other player can be cult). If there isn't, we lynch F tommorow, and are down to 6 players with probably only 1 baddie remaining.

Actually, I do believe Moore more than I believe Footly. But I think that this only may be due to Moore being vastly more persuasive player, and strongly believe that my plan is the most reasonable course of action.[/quote]

I had the same thought this morning, but it still makes no sense for Moore to reveal, risking a NK. He was in no particular danger, so a reveal makes little sense if he was a cultist.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1366437' date='May 22 2008, 14.51']You will. :)[/quote]
But will you? Why would you put the crosshairs of the FM on yourself? Moore, or someone else maybe, were likely going to be targeted so you know he'd survive, but you'd likely survive too. So why would you out yourself? What are you gaining? What do the innocents gain in all of this?

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1366299' date='May 22 2008, 20.01']What's wrong with you guys? You could have given me the opportunity to try to explain it all better. I had a fine, logical theory. I agree that Footly was more probably an evil than Moore, but there was still plenty of time in the day. If you hadn't noticed, my plan involved lynching Footly tommorow. Cult is better to eliminate sooner, and the killers can wait, especially if you're so confident that you've caught the two of them already. :tantrum:[/quote]

I totally agree with this. Not waiting for the other players was unclever, and believe me, I would have strongly argued against this foolishness. When will we ever learn that quicklynches just don't work for the innocents?

When??????????? :bang:

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1366459' date='May 22 2008, 14.02']But will you? Why would you put the crosshairs of the FM on yourself? Moore, or someone else maybe, were likely going to be targeted so you know he'd survive, but you'd likely survive too. So why would you out yourself? What are you gaining? What do the innocents gain in all of this?[/quote]

:rolleyes:

How about we talk about it in the morning?

C'mon guys, seriously....

[quote name='House Moore' post='1365184' date='May 21 2008, 23.51']My role is a very simple 'Guard'. There's a bit of flavor about how I'd do anything to protect the Doctor and his allies, but nothing creative in the role name.

If you look back to day 1, when Footly revealed his role, I put a lot of pressure on him to explain the details. And it turns out that he's basically just claiming to be a 1 shot BP. So if he's just a BP, then why isn't that the name of his role? Why is he a 'Forcefield Companion', whatever the hell that is supposed to mean? It doesn't match up with my own role, which is plain old 'Guard'.

Footly, I have a question for you. Its very simple. Provide a one word answer.

Who are you?

If you have a role, you know exactly what I mean. And no, I'm not asking for your identity behind your alt.[/quote]

I see what you meant now after some other reveals (all of which might not be true), but before I did not, because my first part is not a name of a person. And I missed something that should have been a little obvious (but doesn't point out that Footly was guilty necessarily) which is that yes the name Forcefield Companion is a little too much. I believed it and partially do believe it still could have been true, but now I question why companion would have been repeated in the role.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1365921' date='May 22 2008, 11.47']Yeah, thanks. You're clearly lying.

The first part of my role is my character name. I'm Rose Tyler. I'm 19, live in London, etc. If you really had a good role, I think you'd have a character name too.

And I think it would have been [i]extremely[/i] clear to you that I was asking about your character name, when I asked 'who are you?'.

I think [b]Footly[/b] is probably evil, and he isn't a lone killer, given that I guarded him last night and we still had a death.[/quote]

This is what I meant, I didn't know what you meant, because we were looking at it differently. The first part of my ??? / ???, is not a name, so it is possible that Footly could have been innocent and not had a name. Although since everyone coming out with powers claims a name, then in that case it does look a little more suspicious looking back.

[quote name='House Footly' post='1365891' date='May 22 2008, 11.36']I'm not sure what you're asking, but without quoting the mod:

I like to watch Dr. Who, I was a tribophysical extrapolator mechanic, and I'm just as confused as you guys.

I also have another power I can't tell you about or I'll be modkilled. I might be modkilled for saying that much, actually.

Like I said earlier, I'll be gone until this afternoon but I was around my computer this morning and got this up.[/quote]
[quote]Tribophysical waveform macro-kinetic extrapolator
An interstellar transportation platform that utilises massive energy to create a force bubble that protects the rider while riding the shockwave to its destination — in short, a "pan-dimensional surfboard".[/quote]

Although I believe the tribophysical blah blah was in a recent episode/season, so it would have been easy to dig up information to cover a false reveal for it. Also, I don't think you can be modkilled for telling your powers can you? He should have just revealed it all if there was really something else.

As for the fake mustache, the only thing I could find was that Liz Shaw, an old companion of the Doctor, wore a fake mustache in an episode when they were in a different dimension. But as said before, no hints beyond cult as far as we know. And I am inclined to believe the cult is dead.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1366464' date='May 22 2008, 15.03']:rolleyes:

How about we talk about it in the morning?

C'mon guys, seriously....[/quote]
No, I want to talk about it now. This is a completely inexplicable reveal and I don't see how it helps the innocents at all.

Why does your 'protection' sound ominous to me?

[quote name='House Royce' post='1366473' date='May 22 2008, 15.06']Let's just say I made a mistake in the heat of rage against Hunter, and now I'm reaping what I sowed.

I could very well protect you tonight, Mullendore; I'm only slightly less assured of your innocence than I am of Moore's.[/quote]
This is ridiculous. I feel like we are in a decent position, so if you are innocent I don't know why you'd do anything to hurt that. You are making me think that perhaps Hunter was your symp and you are trying to cut ties to the whole Footly/Hunter situation.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1366473' date='May 22 2008, 21.06']Let's just say I made a mistake in the heat of rage against Hunter, and now I'm reaping what I sowed.

I could very well protect you tonight, Mullendore; I'm only slightly less assured of your innocence than I am of Moore's.[/quote]

Questions:

1) You are part of team UNIT. Do you have a partner?

2) You are a healer? Or what?

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1366475' date='May 22 2008, 21.08']No, I want to talk about it now. This is a completely inexplicable reveal and I don't see how it helps the innocents at all.

Why does your 'protection' sound ominous to me?[/quote]

Yep, I second that. There was no need to reveal since Hunter was only a single voice that suspected Moore before my return.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1366484' date='May 22 2008, 21.12']This is ridiculous. I feel like we are in a decent position, so if you are innocent I don't know why you'd do anything to hurt that. You are making me think that perhaps Hunter was your symp and you are trying to cut ties to the whole Footly/Hunter situation.[/quote]

Uhm, this however doesn't make sense at all. Why should Royce cut ties when it was his symp that was suspected? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

[quote name='House Royce' post='1366493' date='May 22 2008, 14.14']My protection sounds ominous because you're a paranoid freak, Mullendore.[/quote]

Well, then I am a paranoid freak, too.

Answer the questions, please.

You too, Moore. Pretty please.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1366502' date='May 22 2008, 21.16']Why the hell would I answer a question like that during the night?[/quote]

If you have a partner, he may verify your claim tomorrow. Hell, he might even reveal now because the FM will apparently kill [i]you [/i]this night.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1366502' date='May 22 2008, 15.16']Why the hell would I answer a question like that during the night?[/quote]
You revealed as an extremely powerful role that is invaluable to the innocents at night. Don't be using that argument now.

Archived