AGOT Mafia LIII

Piper of Chaos

The [b]Rambton[/b] case is the most convincing to me so far. Yronwood is correct that the OC was recently caught by exactly this kind of slip. Clearly I don't get Rambo's sense of humor, but I don't agree with Ashford's assessment that it was intended to be a joke.

The Norrey case also makes sense to me regarding defensiveness, but the Rambton case is better.

Ashford: I see what you are saying about Mooton and I agree. My original post was intended to be joking but then I was bored and just started arguing with Harte for something to do between other things I was doing in RL. I suck at alt-guessing and usually don't even attempt.

I explained my own absence because I thought it was obnoxious that people were complaining about a slow start to a game that began on a Sunday. It was out of annoyance rather than any panic to defend myself. I wasn't even one of the people being called out

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1389632' date='Jun 9 2008, 05.09']I know the mods specifically put the description of the roleless innocents precisely to avoid this. But here Rambton clearly states that he doesn't know the conditions victories for the innocents. That's enough for a day 1 vote.[/quote]

I think you make a good point about [b]Rambton[/b] and it's enough to get my vote. It could be a slip by him and its worth checking out.

If I didn't think the Rambton case had decent merit, I would vote Slynt right now. 2 posts of complete nothing. There are at least 2 cases proposed now (Rambton and Norrey) and several other "gut feelings" and "vibes" being tossed around. You don't have any comment on the cases or any thoughts regarding any of the players you'd like to share with us?

Congrats, you are now 2 posts ahead of Estermont and Velaryon, BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T POSTED YET! :mad:

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389820' date='Jun 9 2008, 09.43']If I didn't think the Rambton case had decent merit, I would vote Slynt right now. 2 posts of complete nothing. There are at least 2 cases proposed now (Rambton and Norrey) and several other "gut feelings" and "vibes" being tossed around. You don't have any comment on the cases or any thoughts regarding any of the players you'd like to share with us?

Congrats, you are now 2 posts ahead of Estermont and Velaryon, BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T POSTED YET! :mad:[/quote]

Nope. Posting is overrated.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Ashford, Blackbar, Caron, Dalt, Estermont, Harte, Inchfield, Jordayne, Mooton, Norrey, Rambton, Slynt, Uffering, Velaryon, Yronwood.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Rambton (Jordayne, Dalt, Norrey)
1 vote for Yronwood (Blackbar)
1 vote for Norrey (Yronwood)
1 vote for Ashford (Inchfield)
1 vote for Dalt (Harte)

8 players have not voted: Ashford, Caron, Estermont, Mooton, Rambton, Slynt, Uffering, Velaryon.

slightly more than 6 hours left

[quote name='House Norrey' post='1389813' date='Jun 9 2008, 15.39']I wasn't even one of the people being called out[/quote]
That's exactly why I suspect you. Why to be annoyed by a thing which isn't directed at you in any way?
[quote]I think you make a good point about Rambton and it's enough to get my vote.[/quote]Choo-choo!

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1389826' date='Jun 9 2008, 09.46']Nope. Posting is overrated.[/quote]

[b]Slynt[/b]

Posting is over-rated for evils. Posting is helpful to the innos. Explain to me how your 3 one sentence posts are helping us identify FM, SK or OC? If you don't post, we can't evaluate you, understand connections between you and other players and frankly, you aren't really playing so why did you sign up?!!??!

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389841' date='Jun 9 2008, 09.54'][b]Slynt[/b]

Posting is over-rated for evils. Posting is helpful to the innos. Explain to me how your 3 one sentence posts are helping us identify FM, SK or OC? If you don't post, we can't evaluate you, understand connections between you and other players and frankly, you aren't really playing so why did you sign up?!!??![/quote]

Thank you for the lesson on how to play Mafia. I was completely unaware of what posting helps us do. Wrong game :dunno:

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1389846' date='Jun 9 2008, 09.57']Thank you for the lesson on how to play Mafia. I was completely unaware of what posting helps us do. Wrong game :dunno:[/quote]

Another incredibly helpful post. :cheers:

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389841' date='Jun 9 2008, 15.54']Posting is over-rated for evils. Posting is helpful to the innos. Explain to me how your 3 one sentence posts are helping us identify FM, SK or OC?[/quote]Dalt, don't feed the troll. :)

I'm beginning to worry about the tortoise [s]and the sea horse[/s]. [s]Are they[/s] Is he aware the game started?

ETA: I need to edit my sig but can only come up with lame things. So I open a great contest "Find a new sig for Jordayne". Winner will gain the glory of having his witty sentence sigged by House Jordayne :D

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389841' date='Jun 9 2008, 08.54'][b]Slynt[/b]

Posting is over-rated for evils. Posting is helpful to the innos. Explain to me how your 3 one sentence posts are helping us identify FM, SK or OC? If you don't post, we can't evaluate you, understand connections between you and other players and frankly, you aren't really playing so why did you sign up?!!??![/quote]

I'd join you, but since this is posting just asking to be voted for I have to suspect Slynt is more likely a symp than one of the evil masters themselves.

That being said, not the most inspiring bunch of posts I've ever seen.

ETA: Typo

[quote name='House Uffering' post='1389891' date='Jun 9 2008, 10.20']I'd join you, but since this is posting just asking to be voted for I have to suspect Slynt is more likely a symp than one of the evil masters themselves.

That being said, not the most inspiring bunch of posts I've ever seen.

ETA: Typo[/quote]

Maybe I'm trying to pull a rope a dope...

Generally, there are two reasons why people do trolling in mafia games: they benefit something from being voted or they are symps willing to sacrifice themselves instead of their masters. In case of Slynt, I don't believe in the last, too brutal. The first is probable, but I somewhat doubt if we should give a power to a person from unknown faction, especially when we have four of those.

Archived