AGOT Mafia LIII

Piper of Chaos

Hello back.
I'm glad to see some discussion has started to spark. For the moment, the one who has hit my radar most is [b]Rambton[/b].No, I don't have a case for the moment, it's the impression I got and I son't have the time right now to flesh it out. I'll reread the game when I have more time and see if my vote stands or if I change it.
Sorry, I have little time for the game, but I'll try to make the best use of it. I should be around a bit more now.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389435' date='Jun 9 2008, 05.57']You clearly haven't even read through the thread. Comment on something.[/quote]Ok.
I think [b]Norrey[/b] is too overdefensive.
As for the rest, I see nothing worth commenting. Some shit was thrown, but nothing stuck.

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389343' date='Jun 8 2008, 21.41']Being "helpful" ,especially in this circumstance where Mooton's post really revealed nothing about his alt beyond the fact that he shops at Wal-Mart, was pointless and not helpful. Do you seriously think a mod is gonna "tell off" Mooton for this? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

What are you saying with your post? Cos it looks pretty middle-of-the-road to me. You wanna call me out as a baddie and still defend Ashford some. So where's your vote on me? Afraid to commit? :pirate:[/quote]

Male and American. I'd say that's a pretty big reveal myself?

*-playing catch up. might have to finish it in a bit as stuff to do*

edit: Dare I say marital status (or at least living with partner) can also be added to the list?

Anyway, finished catching up and all I can say is that I am dissapointed. I was expecting more than a 5 minute read, seeing as i've been away for around 6 hours...

As for the case on me, meh. where does one go about defending themselves from that. I did use publicly available information on the innocent factor as a joking reply to someone asking why we were innocent and how we'd win. Interpret that as you will really.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Ashford, Blackbar, Caron, Dalt, Estermont, Harte, Inchfield, Jordayne, Mooton, Norrey, Rambton, Slynt, Uffering, Velaryon, Yronwood.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Ashford (Norrey, Inchfield)
1 vote for Norrey (Yronwood)
1 vote for Dalt (Harte)
1 vote for Rambton (Jordayne)

10 players have not voted: Ashford, Blackbar, Caron, Dalt, Estermont, Mooton, Rambton, Slynt, Uffering, Velaryon.

10.5 hours remain

Tarber, bugger it, there's no such think like killing shadows. Are ye sure that it wasn't you who has been drunken?

If you wanna hear something interesting, than listen:

You know my friend Salla, that yummy kitchen maid? When I met her a couple of nights ago, she told me that a friend of her, ehm, I think Pate was his name, saw the young northern lord talking to a maester. He couldn't quite understand what they were talking about, but Salla said that he swore that it was about this meeting.

I bet that he was talking about something to stir up his cold northern blood instead.

OK, here is what caught my eye on Rambton:

[quote name='House Rambton' post='1389087' date='Jun 8 2008, 18.26']I don't see how any faction could be considered innocent if they're all trying to get their own lord named hand.

And if Tyrion's in charge of roled innocents (or so I think), will the innocents win if Tyrion is named hand?[/quote]
I know the mods specifically put the description of the roleless innocents precisely to avoid this. But here Rambton clearly states that he doesn't know the conditions victories for the innocents. That's enough for a day 1 vote.
The other thing that attracted my attention is Rambton weirdness, see below for an example (I'm sorry, the irony is also wasted on me), but I don't think it means much apart from the fact I miss Rambton's humour:

[quote name='House Rambton' post='1389165' date='Jun 8 2008, 19.35']He wasn't talking about the film, he was accusing you of strawmanning.[/quote]
-
*tugs braid, pouts, smoothes armour*

OK, now a few other comments on various things

[quote name='House Caron' post='1389199' date='Jun 8 2008, 19.56']hey everyone

I will not be sleeping much, the guards keep stepping on me when they are doing their rounds, so I will be around to talk a lot

How is everyone doing[/quote]
I'm glad to see you have a lot of time for the game Caron, then why don't you use it to stir up discussion, or do something? Cause I didn't see much of you in the previous pages.

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389231' date='Jun 8 2008, 20.51']Ashford is trying to be helpful. Very suspicious. But since the Wicker Man link remains to give me a good laugh, I don't want to lynch him yet.[/quote]
I agree with other comments by Harte and others. this post rings very wrong to me. I think Ashford was right that Mooton has given a little too much personal info, see Ashford's answer:

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389578' date='Jun 9 2008, 03.37']Male and American. I'd say that's a pretty big reveal myself?

*-playing catch up. might have to finish it in a bit as stuff to do*

edit: Dare I say marital status (or at least living with partner) can also be added to the list?[/quote]
In fact, I don't think that Mooton hasn't given much more than personal info, which was completely unnecessary. It's up to the mods to decide if he's broken the rules, but if anything the exchange makes me more suspicious of Dalt (see above) and Mooton (why does he need to justify so much when nobody's around anyway?) than of Ashford.

[quote name='House Dalt' post='1389343' date='Jun 8 2008, 22.41']Being "helpful" ,especially in this circumstance where Mooton's post really revealed nothing about his alt beyond the fact that he shops at Wal-Mart, was pointless and not helpful. Do you seriously think a mod is gonna "tell off" Mooton for this? Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

What are you saying with your post? Cos it looks pretty middle-of-the-road to me. You wanna call me out as a baddie and still defend Ashford some. So where's your vote on me? Afraid to commit? :pirate:[/quote]

Sounds off to me as well. And I agree with Harte's subsequent post:

[quote name='House Harte' post='1389373' date='Jun 8 2008, 23.07']That's up to the mod (I wouldn't, but hey), and either way, it's a legitimate enough concern.

That being said:

1) Ashford doesn't need defending from a wishy-washy post on Page 2. But I'm certainly looking for anything that'd pass under suspicious behavior.
2) My vote's gone MIA because I'm more bored out of my mind than out to get you lynched. This isn't exactly what I'd call an excitement-filled Day 1. Don't get me wrong, I [i]am[/i] suspicious of you, and I'd love to hear an actual explanation of why you thought Ashford being "helpful" was suspicious. You say Ashford was trying to be helpful, yet it seems more like you thought his rulez post was more pointless than anything else. What're you criticizing him for exactly? Pretending at being helpful or being useless (in which case I'd like to refer you to our one-post-wonders and everyone that hasn't showed up yet)?
3) Where the hell is everyone anyway? Have half our players even checked in? It sure doesn't seem like they have. Inchfield, Uffering, Jordayne? Is it "later today" yet?
4) [b]Dalt.[/] Let them drink lemonade.[/quote]

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389429' date='Jun 8 2008, 23.55']In rereading this is the post that stuck out to me the most. I don't really like how proud they seem that they are using the name and goal of the innocent faction. I'm not impressed, [b]Ashford[/b].

I also found myself suspicious of the Harte/Ashford situation.

You have 8 posts, so feck off. It isn't like you are setting the world on fire.

Not sure when I'll be back, could be on a bit in the next few hours or it might be 8-10. I should have time after day 1 to be a bit more vocal.[/quote]
I'm surprised that Inchfield votes Ashford based on his comments on the innocent faction, while they are here in the thread for anyone to see, so knowing them proves indeed nothing, but doesn't reflect on the fact that Rambton apparently didn't know those things. This being said, I'm surprised that nobody (including Ashford who answered to that) has called Rambton on it.

I however completely agree on this post from Inchfield to Yronwood:
[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1389435' date='Jun 8 2008, 23.57']You clearly haven't even read through the thread. Comment on something.[/quote]

Now, if Queen Daenerys allows me, once she has chosen Tyrion as her only worthy Hand:
- I think she should marry Rand. He's the Dragon reborn after all, so a perfect fit for her. And with Lews Therin, that makes 2 husbands in one.
- She should marry Tyrion too. The dragon has 3 heads, the Queen must have 3 husbands. And Tyrion's wits could make up for Rand's (and Lews Therin's) madness.
- Since she shouldn't allow her husbands more than one wife, I suggest she does the following:
marry Aviendha with Euron. I'm sure the girl can teach the mad man to behave.
marry Elayne with Littlefinger, in replacement for Alayne. This way, he'll become a king and leave us be.
marry Min with Jon. He knows nothing and she knows too much, so they're a perfect match.
We all know that Sansa should marry Sandor.

I have to say, personally i found Rambo's lack of knowledge of the innocent faction too obvious a slip to be anything but a joke.

Then again, it's day one. We've been known to lynch people for smelling funny on day 1, right?

edit: Fair warning, where I am now has very patchy net access. One second it's fine, then it's gone. Therefore the next 6-7 hours will see semi-active Ash. After that, we have a few hours of very active Ash possible, depending on activity of course. I won't talk to myself... Honest!

First off after a quick re-read I want to say that Harte does not sit right with me. It’s probably because he’s abrasive, I’ll give you a quick re-read in a min just to make sure there’s not another reason your pinging my radar.

Jordayne thank you for posting your reasoning (I was just about to ask you for it :P )
It is a weird post by Rambton and from it he does seem unaware of the innocent’s exact winning conditions. Anyone who read their role PM or the Mod posts should be aware of this. Not everyone reads all the Mod posts at the beginning of the game and I believe its normally RI’s who don’t read. Overall I believe Rambton was just making RP - (I don’t think anyone could [i]really[i/] call Tyrion a sweet little innocent).

Before you accuse me of defending him –( Guess that I am in a sense) I’m around now and had something to say. I might not be around after Rambton shows up again.

The other thing that has been a bit off is the Ashford – Dalt and Harte triangle. I know we have 3 evil factions, But I still think it very unlikely that more than one of these would be evil, and probably more likely to be three bored innocents having the chance to get involved in the game. I will be re-reading this when I take a look at Harte, so expect slightly more comments latter.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1389632' date='Jun 9 2008, 05.09']I know the mods specifically put the description of the roleless innocents precisely to avoid this. But here Rambton clearly states that he doesn't know the conditions victories for the innocents. That's enough for a day 1 vote.
The other thing that attracted my attention is Rambton weirdness, see below for an example (I'm sorry, the irony is also wasted on me), but I don't think it means much apart from the fact I miss Rambton's humour:

I'm surprised that Inchfield votes Ashford based on his comments on the innocent faction, while they are here in the thread for anyone to see, so knowing them proves indeed nothing, but doesn't reflect on the fact that Rambton apparently didn't know those things. This being said, I'm surprised that nobody (including Ashford who answered to that) has called Rambton on it.[/quote]

I like your theory a little better than Inchfield's, at least yours is based on Rambton's not knowing something an innocent should know. Innocent or guilty, it is odd to ask questions about the innocents' winning conditions. I'm still not convinced though.

After re-reading Harte I can find no real reason to suspect him any more than the others. Yes He’s a bit abrasive, but that looks like his style, and I think he’s trying to move the game along. I also think Inchfield is trying to progress the game and so far I can find nothing suspect.

Ashford and Rambton – I think they where just having fun at the start of the game. I would expect most evils to be more careful with their early posts. Right now your on the slightly more innocent than the rest group.

Dalt was also involved in fun early stage, but to me his posts did not feel quiet as free flowing. I don’t think forced is the word, but I do think he re-read everything carefully before he posted. I find this suspect.

However on re-reading the one thing that struck me was Yronwood’s Vote on Norrey

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1389555' date='Jun 9 2008, 01.55']Ok.
I think [b]Norrey[/b] is too overdefensive.
As for the rest, I see nothing worth commenting. Some shit was thrown, but nothing stuck.[/quote]

This to me strikes me as opportunistic. Norrey has hardly been here and apparently is too over defensive when saying he’s not gonna be around much on a Sunday, so your not gonna get Norrey to say much. – Yes I want Norrey to say some more, and hopefully he will latter. Yronwood was asked by Inchflield earlier to re-read the thread and make a comment, It feels like Yronwood was looking for an excuse to vote for someone so he could be seen to contribute. I know its hard on day one as not that much happens.

So [b]Yronwood[/b] You like the case on Rambton, but you think Norrey is more worthy of your vote. Why?

Edited to add quote

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1389705' date='Jun 9 2008, 06.26']I still think my vote on Norrey is most justified, but I like case on Rambton also. Innocents won previous game because of the very same slip.

He definitely has to explain himself.[/quote]

What is the case on Norrey. I saw you say he was overly defensive, I take you mean about his lack of posting? I wouldn't mind hearing the argument.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389647' date='Jun 9 2008, 06.29']I have to say, personally i found Rambo's lack of knowledge of the innocent faction too obvious a slip to be anything but a joke.

Then again, it's day one. We've been known to lynch people for smelling funny on day 1, right?[/quote]

Possible, but I still want to hear Rambton's explanation.

[quote name='House Blackbar' post='1389664' date='Jun 9 2008, 06.43']*snip*
Jordayne thank you for posting your reasoning (I was just about to ask you for it :P )
It is a weird post by Rambton and from it he does seem unaware of the innocent’s exact winning conditions. Anyone who read their role PM or the Mod posts should be aware of this. Not everyone reads all the Mod posts at the beginning of the game and I believe its normally RI’s who don’t read. Overall I believe Rambton was just making RP - (I don’t think anyone could [i]really[i/] call Tyrion a sweet little innocent).

Before you accuse me of defending him –( Guess that I am in a sense) I’m around now and had something to say. I might not be around after Rambton shows up again.[/quote]

First, I don't agree that it's only roleless innocents who don't read all the posts from the mods. I've seen killers do it more than once. Second, if he's innocent, the winning conditions for the innocent faction were in his PM, so he didn't need to read the mods' posts.

[quote]The other thing that has been a bit off is the Ashford – Dalt and Harte triangle. I know we have 3 evil factions, But I still think it very unlikely that more than one of these would be evil, and probably more likely to be three bored innocents having the chance to get involved in the game. I will be re-reading this when I take a look at Harte, so expect slightly more comments latter.[/quote]
Really? you say you suspect Harte, then you think that the triangle is more probably composed of innocents. Why? And why do you say this when nobody is suggesting that 2 or more of Ashford/Dalt/Harte is guilty (not saying that's not possible, but I don't think anyone has emitted that hypothesis based on their interactions)?

[quote name='House Uffering' post='1389673' date='Jun 9 2008, 06.56']I like your theory a little better than Inchfield's, at least yours is based on Rambton's not knowing something an innocent should know. Innocent or guilty, it is odd to ask questions about the innocents' winning conditions. I'm still not convinced though.[/quote]
I wouldn't call it a theory. I just saw what I thought may be a slip. And I'm surprised nobody has questionned it before. Maybe it's just that I don't get Rambton's humour and everyone else does. But I find it curious.

[quote name='House Blackbar' post='1389709' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.35']This to me strikes me as opportunistic. Norrey has hardly been here and apparently is too over defensive when saying he’s not gonna be around much on a Sunday, so your not gonna get Norrey to say much.[/quote]
I voted Norrey not because I wanted to get him to say much, but because I suspect him.
[quote]So Yronwood You like the case on Rambton, but you think Norrey is more worthy of your vote. Why?[/quote]Because everybody talks about Rambton but nobody pays attention to Norrey.
[quote]What is the case on Norrey. I saw you say he was overly defensive, I take you mean about his lack of posting?[/quote]I don't understand why would an innocent person spend his first post in the game explaining why he was absent during starting 10-12 hours. It was needless. He tried defending himself before anybody accused him of anything. If it isn't overdefensiveness, what is?

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1389724' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.52']First, I don't agree that it's only roleless innocents who don't read all the posts from the mods. I've seen killers do it more than once. Second, if he's innocent, the winning conditions for the innocent faction were in his PM, so he didn't need to read the mods' posts.[/quote]
1. I said Normally RI, not always RI’s
2. Good Point, however I believe he was joking around

[quote]Really? you say you suspect Harte, then you think that the triangle is more probably composed of innocents. Why? And why do you say this when nobody is suggesting that 2 or more of Ashford/Dalt/Harte is guilty (not saying that's not possible, but I don't think anyone has emitted that hypothesis based on their interactions)?[/quote]

At the time of writing that I had a nagging gut feeling that made me suspect Harte, I try not rely solely on Gut.

At this stage in Day 1, it has been my experience that any argument / confrontation have normally been all innocent, or the majority has been innocent. It was something that I felt I needed to look at again, because on it bugged me a bit. Why did I mention it? Because at this point I had gut rumblings that some one in that group was not quiet right. I also believe that the innocent faction benefit from knowing my thought process, How else are they going to judge me? Flip a coin or Role a dice?

After my re-read I stopped suspecting Harte because abrasive play styles always affect my Gut. And I could find no other reason to suspect him. Ambrose and Rambton look like their having early game fun and playing a relaxed game. In my mind this fits with Rambtons “slip Post” as being non–serious. I am still suspicious of Dalt – so [i]If[/i] my initial Gut is right and one of Ashford/Dalt/Harte is guilty then my money is on Dalt.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1389742' date='Jun 9 2008, 14.13']I see your point on Norrey, but what do you think of Mooton?
4 posts, 3 to explain his real life and why he's not around, and 1 which is RP.[/quote]
I'd say all four posts were RP, only based by real life. I feel nothing wrong about Mooton. Or about Harte and Dalt. Ashford might be Rambton's symp, and Blackbar also, Blackbar is even more probable.

Archived