AGOT Mafia LIII

Piper of Chaos

[quote name='House Harte' post='1390272' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.11']Guilty and annoying are pretty synonymous to me at this point, sadly. It's more of a question of who I will miss least on Day 2, and you're pretty high up there on that list. I have seen half-hearted FMs though, and I've been that half-hearted FM before, so I did get legitimate pings on my Evil-O-Meter. Until you post some substance (which you seem to be well on your way to doing), I'd be happy to see you gone.[/quote]

Except they're not synonymous in the game. One can be innocent, the other cannot.

Hey Inchfield, I just took a peak at your posts since you're bitching and complaining about my lack of contribution and I noticed you've done basically well, nothing. You've bitched at people for not spending more than a few minutes or complaining they lack time while you yourself have spent a total of 1 hour on the game. You've told people you're tired of excuses. You've said Dalt doesn't sound genuine yet you vote me. You get on Ashford's case for using innocent too much.

Well, that's it. So since you've basically said and did nothing of any consequence except vote me, you're about as useless as me, except you get worried when I mention there is almost certainly an evil voting me. How interesting...

Fun isn't it posting content? Nah, not so much. On to bigger and better things, like annoying you some more.

Ramb, while I understood perfectly the part about the political view, I think this applies to the first sentence of this post.
This [quote]if Tyrion's in charge of roled innocents (or so I think), will the innocents win if Tyrion is named hand?[/quote] I still don't understand. I don't get the separation of "roled innocents" and the other ones, and I don't get the question either. There may be a pun I don't get.

This being said, I'll do my reread to see if I find a better option than you. Would be nice if Estermont showed up.

Ok, here is my post:

The first several posts do not have any play on thing since they are mostly role playing. The first post with meaning is directed towards Mooton from Ashford as simply asks if he is flying solo or involved with another. This then causes Norrey to vote on Ashford, a vote which does not make sense to me at all. (I am hoping it was just to get things started).

This is also when Rambton made his post about Tyrion and the Knights winning. This post throws me off because it was just answered by Targ. I also do not understand why a RI would write "or so I think" when it clearly states in the PM, in Targs example, and also in the rules. This is a huge mistake to make especially on day 1, and a mistake which could be reason for a lynch.

I just have a bone to pick with Ashford about making a huge deal out of Mooton's post about Wal-Mart. I do not think that it was a big deal at all in the case of giving away information about RL. Most people go to Wal-Mart.

Harte: You critique Dalt for not putting a vote on Ashford. Yet you do not put a vote on Dalt after claiming he is seemingly a baddie. This seemed odd. You eventually put a vote on him, so I cant say much about that...I liked your post about the one-posters...who do you think deserves to get lynched more? Dalt or one posters who are not contributing?

Inchfield...I just do not feel the same about Ashfords post where you put a vote on him.

Slynt is someone who is pointless right now. It is as if he does not want to say anything which might be twisted and putting himself in jeopardy. This is a fine way to go if you are trying to avoid detection. I do not find him to be contributing at all and his one line posts are annoying if anything.

Overall I would vote Rambton or Slynt, I think that the mistake Rambton made could be fatal as I said above and it seems that I am not alone in thinking this.

The one thig keeping me from voting Rambton is an action that Slynt might have tonight. For some reason I get the feeling that Slynt has something he can do tonight and that he is just buying his time till he can use it.

[quote name='House Caron' post='1390305' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.24']Harte: You critique Dalt for not putting a vote on Ashford. Yet you do not put a vote on Dalt after claiming he is seemingly a baddie. This seemed odd. You eventually put a vote on him, so I cant say much about that...I liked your post about the one-posters...who do you think deserves to get lynched more? Dalt or one posters who are not contributing?[/quote]
Non-contributors. Doesn't matter what kind of game it is or what faction or what role I've got, always the non-contributors. Quite frankly, at this point I don't [i]care[/i] if Dalt's suspicious or not so long as he's participating in the game and moving it along. I'd rather get rid of deadweight early on and enjoy hunting down the baddies later even if I'm at a handicap.

Slynt: qucik question for you...

Are you saying that you did not post a lot just to see who would jump on your train first off (since you were a self declared "easy target"), and then that person is most likely an evil? If this is the case, then why wouldn't Ashford vote for Rambton? Is Ashford then protecting Rambton according to you?

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1390304' date='Jun 9 2008, 18.22']This I still don't understand. I don't get the separation of "roled innocents" and the other ones, and I don't get the question either. There may be a pun I don't get.[/quote]

Four words: UNIT

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1390301' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.21']:rolleyes:[/quote]

I can do that too :rolleyes:

Want to try again? I find it hilarious that you bitch about my level of contribution yet when I do contribute, your answer is rolling your eyes. It's somewhat precious.

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1390302' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.22']Um.
I am leaving for about 10-12 hours.
I see a lot of efforts to save Rambton here and I don't believe all that efforts are innocent. So I leave my vote where is belongs. If I am wrong sorry Rambton.[/quote]

I absolutely despise the apology. It's like you're already resigned to the fact you might be wrong which means you probably know you're wrong and you're pre-emptively getting that out there.

[b]Yronwood[/b]

[quote name='House Caron' post='1390305' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.24']Slynt is someone who is pointless right now. It is as if he does not want to say anything which might be twisted and putting himself in jeopardy. This is a fine way to go if you are trying to avoid detection. I do not find him to be contributing at all and his one line posts are annoying if anything.

Overall I would vote Rambton or Slynt, I think that the mistake Rambton made could be fatal as I said above and it seems that I am not alone in thinking this.

The one thig keeping me from voting Rambton is an action that Slynt might have tonight. For some reason I get the feeling that Slynt has something he can do tonight and that he is just buying his time till he can use it.[/quote]

Ok, lets work through this logically.

I'm pointless. Ok. I don't want to say anything that can be twisted (how long did it take you to type that?). Not something I'd worry about but ok. Now, here is where things get messy. How am I avoiding detection? I have 3-4 people already voting me and enough people saying they hate me because I'm annoying. That's not avoiding detection.

Finally, I might have a night action? I'm buying time? I'd sure love to know what gives you that impression.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390326' date='Jun 9 2008, 18.34']Finally, I might have a night action? I'm buying time? I'd sure love to know what gives you that impression.[/quote]

Wouldn't you want to get to night [i]sooner[/i] and sell time?

[quote name='House Caron' post='1390319' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.31']Slynt: qucik question for you...

Are you saying that you did not post a lot just to see who would jump on your train first off (since you were a self declared "easy target"), and then that person is most likely an evil? If this is the case, then why wouldn't Ashford vote for Rambton? Is Ashford then protecting Rambton according to you?[/quote]

I don't follow your logic at all. What does Ashford and Rambton have to do with anything?

[quote name='House Caron' post='1390305' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.24']Ok, here is my post:

The first several posts do not have any play on thing since they are mostly role playing. The first post with meaning is directed towards Mooton from Ashford as simply asks if he is flying solo or involved with another. This then causes Norrey to vote on Ashford, a vote which does not make sense to me at all. (I am hoping it was just to get things started).

This is also when Rambton made his post about Tyrion and the Knights winning. This post throws me off because it was just answered by Targ. I also do not understand why a RI would write "or so I think" when it clearly states in the PM, in Targs example, and also in the rules. This is a huge mistake to make especially on day 1, and a mistake which could be reason for a lynch.

I just have a bone to pick with Ashford about making a huge deal out of Mooton's post about Wal-Mart. I do not think that it was a big deal at all in the case of giving away information about RL. Most people go to Wal-Mart.

Harte: You critique Dalt for not putting a vote on Ashford. Yet you do not put a vote on Dalt after claiming he is seemingly a baddie. This seemed odd. You eventually put a vote on him, so I cant say much about that...I liked your post about the one-posters...who do you think deserves to get lynched more? Dalt or one posters who are not contributing?

Inchfield...I just do not feel the same about Ashfords post where you put a vote on him.

Slynt is someone who is pointless right now. It is as if he does not want to say anything which might be twisted and putting himself in jeopardy. This is a fine way to go if you are trying to avoid detection. I do not find him to be contributing at all and his one line posts are annoying if anything.

The one thig keeping me from voting Rambton is an action that Slynt might have tonight. For some reason I get the feeling that Slynt has something he can do tonight and that he is just buying his time till he can use it.[/quote]

Caron, when you refer to a post, can you please either quote it (by clicking on "add quote" at the bottom right) or give the number of the post you are refrring to (can be found in the upper right corner)? Because it would make understanding of things like "Inchfield...I just do not feel the same about Ashfords post where you put a vote on him." much easier to follow.
I don't get the last part of your post. What kind of mafia players just tries to buy time for when he can act at night? Yeah, some might try to fly under the radar, but Slynt doesn't exactly qualify for that. I can get why some people are pissed off by his actions, but I wouldn't try to escape attention the way Slynt did.

Rambton, I guess you're refering to the Doctor Who game, right? It explains the bit about separate factions for innocents and roled innocents, but 1) it's not a standard mafia thing 2) not all players have played/followed this game 3) if you've followed it you know how the OC got caught in it, so why do you pull the exact same trick? To claim later that you wouldn't make something like that if you were guilty?

[quote name='House Rambton' post='1390324' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.34']Four words: UNIT[/quote]
Four factions: innocents, cult, sk, and FM.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390326' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.34']I can do that too :rolleyes:

Want to try again? I find it hilarious that you bitch about my level of contribution yet when I do contribute, your answer is rolling your eyes. It's somewhat precious.[/quote]
You think your post saying that I haven't contributed was contribution? I find it precious that you think so.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390326' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.34']I absolutely despise the apology. It's like you're already resigned to the fact you might be wrong which means you probably know you're wrong and you're pre-emptively getting that out there.

[b]Yronwood[/b][/quote]
Hah, and you accuse everyone voting for you for voting an easy target. You just voted for a low poster that has had some suspicion on them and won't be back before the end of the day.
[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390326' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.34']Ok, lets work through this logically.

I'm pointless. Ok. I don't want to say anything that can be twisted (how long did it take you to type that?). Not something I'd worry about but ok. Now, here is where things get messy. How am I avoiding detection? I have 3-4 people already voting me and enough people saying they hate me because I'm annoying. That's not avoiding detection.

Finally, I might have a night action? I'm buying time? I'd sure love to know what gives you that impression.[/quote]
A lot of times people who are quiet skate by. You've been a pain in the ass in the few posts you've made, so I suppose you haven't been exactly avoiding detection. However, if we hadn't voted for you, you would not have read the thread at all (based on the comments you've made before). Why would an innocent not even read the thread? No reason. I'm happy with my vote here.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1390347' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.46']Rambton, I guess you're refering to the Doctor Who game, right? It explains the bit about separate factions for innocents and roled innocents, but 1) it's not a standard mafia thing 2) not all players have played/followed this game 3) if you've followed it you know how the OC got caught in it, so why do you pull the exact same trick? To claim later that you wouldn't make something like that if you were guilty?[/quote]
This is not exactly the same. I think you should reread what happened there and what happened here again.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1390351' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.47']You think your post saying that I haven't contributed was contribution? I find it precious that you think so.[/quote]

I believe I said a little more than that. It sure is contribution, if it's not, then what is contribution? I mean, do you even have a definition for it or do you just enjoy throwing that word around like it means something?

[quote name='Inchfield']Hah, and you accuse everyone voting for you for voting an easy target. You just voted for a low poster that has had some suspicion on them and won't be back before the end of the day.[/quote]

I didn't look at his post number nor do I really give a fuck when he comes back. If I think someone is guilty then I'll vote them and that apology was a load of horseshit, not to mention his "Ashford or Slynt is causing trouble so lets vote Rambton" comment.

[quote name='Inchfield']A lot of times people who are quiet skate by. You've been a pain in the ass in the few posts you've made, so I suppose you haven't been exactly avoiding detection. However, if we hadn't voted for you, you would not have read the thread at all (based on the comments you've made before). Why would an innocent not even read the thread? No reason. I'm happy with my vote here.[/quote]

Did I say I wouldn't have read the thread? I don't remember saying that. Are you in my head Inchfield? Are you that little guy sitting on top of my brain feeding it with thoughts?

Even so, lets assume you're right. That I wouldn't have read the thread. Explain to me why an evil player would come onto the thread, announce that he has no intention of reading the thread and expect not to catch a shitload of votes?

Your logic fails Inchfield and now you're just continuing to justify your vote, especially since your original problem was I wasn't contributing (though I am now so that justification doesn't work) yet now it's that I wasn't intending on reading the thread (even though I never said that).

I think you're afraid to move your vote since I'm making a big deal of the fact that you are voting me so now you're looking for whatever justification you can find in order to maintain that allusion like you actually think I'm evil. You don't. It's obvious in everything you post.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1390351' date='Jun 9 2008, 18.47']Four factions: innocents, cult, sk, and FM.[/quote]

This is just as much a response to Jordayne as to you:

I know how the cult got killed last game, and this isn't really the same problem. I know the two team UNIT thing was an isolated incident, which was part 1 of the jokiness of the comment. "Or so I think" was and the rest of the post was just complete ignorance about the four faction rule. Apparently Mod edited the rules posts a few times.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1390354' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.48']This is not exactly the same. I think you should reread what happened there and what happened here again.[/quote]

IIRC, Malc (whatever his alt, don't even remember if it was alted) didn't know the RIs were Companions. What's the difference with a statement saying you don't know that the innocents are allied with Tyrion when the first thing in the sample RI PM is "employer: Tyrion Lannister", and it's in bold for those who only read bolded part. And sorry, but I don't have time to reread past games. To be frank, I find Rambton's slip a bit "too much", which is why I'm considering voting for someone else, but he's not really given me reasons to want to keep him around. And I'm worried that's precisely what he was banking for: "people will never think an FM will be so dumb as to do something like that, especially if I show I've followed the game in which an FM did precisely this" (I use FM here as a generic term for baddie).

ETA: GAh, Rambton's last post confuses me even more. Are you now saying you didn't know what the 4 factions were? Didn't you at least read your role PM (the bolded parts at least)?

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1390397' date='Jun 9 2008, 19.04']IIRC, Malc (whatever his alt, don't even remember if it was alted) didn't know the RIs were Companions. What's the difference with a statement saying you don't know that the innocents are allied with Tyrion when the first thing in the sample RI PM is "employer: Tyrion Lannister", and it's in bold for those who only read bolded part. And sorry, but I don't have time to reread past games. To be frank, I find Rambton's slip a bit "too much", which is why I'm considering voting for someone else, but he's not really given me reasons to want to keep him around. And I'm worried that's precisely what he was banking for: "people will never think an FM will be so dumb as to do something like that, especially if I show I've followed the game in which an FM did precisely this" (I use FM here as a generic term for baddie).[/quote]

I'm not banking for anything, I just don't see the issue. If it's in the rules that apparently everyone read, wouldn't an FM have access to it too? It was just a mistake not an evil plan gone awry.

Archived