AGOT Mafia LIII

Piper of Chaos

[quote name='House Norrey' post='1390074' date='Jun 9 2008, 10.49']I get a bad feeling from these posts. Ashford defends Rambton, but he leaves things open at the end, so he could maybe change his mind or switch vote to Rambton later if things swing that way. And it is a reserved defense, not drawing a line in the sand. He's not going all out, he's just deflecting, which is what I'd expect from a FM or symp who wanted to defend a teammate right now.

Then he jumps onto Slynt. I don't see Slynt's behavior as much of an indication of anything. I can see why somebody pointed it out as being unhelpful, but unhelpful doesn't automatically equal evil and you have to explain why he'd act that way if he was evil before you can make the leap to wanting to vote for him. Anyway my point is that I don't think it was bad for somebody to point out Slynt's behavior, and the first vote to show displeasure wasn't awful or anything, but people adding to that mob are suspicious. Ashford especially, because I have to wonder if he's using the ill will against Slynt as an opportunity to distract us from Rambton.[/quote]

You want me to explain why an evil player would like to get through day 1 without contributing?

Seriously?

An evil player will take any excuse they can to not incriminate themselves. And where we have a history of "wont play on day 1" players, it's far too easy, in my eyes, for a killer to hide there.

As for Rambton, I do still feel it was an innocent mistake. That said, killers slip up too, and if we don't have a better option, i'll help kill him.

I can't help but feel when I get to sit down and read the full thread againt here will be better options though. Slynt is definately one of them though, as are the 1-2 post players.

edit: *dissapears for an hour or two. Certainly not as much as three.*

I may be away until passed the end of the day (I will endeavor not to be) but on the off chance I guess I'd better get this vote thing sorted out.

I don't find anyone hugely suspicious at this point (odd, yes, but not really suspicious).

Slynt seems to be being obtuse for the sake of it.

Norrey is a little over protective of their weekend.

Ashford demonstrated that they knew what the innocents were all about.

And Rambton indicated that they didn't.

I'd vote any of these people today although Norrey and Ashford I'd only vote to get a lynch at this point. I'm with Yronwood on Slynt, I'd hesitate to vote him because it feels so much like he's angling for it. The case on Rambton is the only one which does anything for me even if it is a little thin. I would have like to hear from Rambton first but they don't seem to be around right now, so [b]Rambton[/b], and I'll try to be back before the lynch.

[quote name='House Norrey' post='1389524' date='Jun 9 2008, 01.56']I don't plan my weekend around this game and I had other stuff to do today. For somebody who was also barely around you are hella bossy.

Anyway I agree with you about Caron's reaction especially. I don't like him questioning your decision to vote Ash, why does he care so much?[/quote]
I didn't plan my weekend around the game either. Seriously, it is extremely tiresome when people try to cast judgment and look down upon those actually playing when they aren't themselves because "they're too busy" or "they have a life". Guess what? We are all busy and have lives. I've spent a total of about an hour on the game so far. Between Sunday or today you didn't have a single hour? Bullshit. Enough with the absurd excuses for why you can't be posting much, it is lame and disrespectful to the rest of us. If you don't want to play then don't sign up.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1389578' date='Jun 9 2008, 03.37']Male and American. I'd say that's a pretty big reveal myself?

*-playing catch up. might have to finish it in a bit as stuff to do*

edit: Dare I say marital status (or at least living with partner) can also be added to the list?[/quote]
PM the mods. Do NOT post this garbage in thread.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1389809' date='Jun 9 2008, 09.36']I see nothing and know nothing. That is all.[/quote]
I don't want to let [b]Slynt[/b] get passed day 1 without contributing.

What is the sexiness of the Rambton case? Sounded like he made a joke about Tyrion and the innocent faction supporting him...is that seriously all that everyone is going off of and piling on?

Well, if you look at Rambton, he has not contributed more than Slynt. Granted there was probably not much to comment when he left.
And while I can see the "joke" in the first sentence, I don't see it in the second:

[quote name='Rambton']I don't see how any faction could be considered innocent if they're all trying to get their own lord named hand.

And if Tyrion's in charge of roled innocents (or so I think), will the innocents win if Tyrion is named hand?[/quote]

I am here and a little bleary-eyed, but here nonetheless. My vote's on [b]Slynt[/b]. Is he asking to be lynched? Maybe, maybe not. I've seen jaded baddies before (especially by people that don't like playing baddies), and I'd honestly prefer to lynch someone deliberately unhelpful at this point. I'd rather not spend the rest of the game with him around. Will take a closer look at the Yronwood suspicions after I make myself something to eat, but I think I'd be willing to vote him too.

Don't want to vote Rambton because I'm one of those players that doesn't read the rules, the setting, and only looks at the bolded words in my role PM. I'd have likely made a similar mistake in his place, so while I can understand suspicions, I don't agree.

I'm going to be out and about the house, but I'll take a look at the thread every now and then so I should be around, for the most part.

ETA: Before I run off, my apologies if I was too abrasive yesterday. What can I say? I was bored.

At least one of the people voting me is guilty. I'm far too easy of a target. People don't seem to think I'm guilty, yet they're voting me anyway. Annoying at best but exactly what I expected when I did what I did.

[quote name='Harte']I am here and a little bleary-eyed, but here nonetheless. My vote's on Slynt. Is he asking to be lynched? Maybe, maybe not. I've seen jaded baddies before (especially by people that don't like playing baddies), and I'd honestly prefer to lynch someone deliberately unhelpful at this point. I'd rather not spend the rest of the game with him around. Will take a closer look at the Yronwood suspicions after I make myself something to eat, but I think I'd be willing to vote him too.[/quote]

Do you actually think I'm guilty or just annoying? Because if it's the latter, as it seems from your posts, you might want to rethink your vote. It just looks like you're jumping on the easy bandwagon for the sake of getting a vote out there. That's not a good position to take.

As for the rest of the stuff, I'll actually read it now.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390236' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.56']At least one of the people voting me is guilty. I'm far too easy of a target. People don't seem to think I'm guilty, yet they're voting me anyway. Annoying at best but exactly what I expected when I did what I did.[/quote]
Another obnoxious comment I wish I could never see again. Congratulations, statistics support your nearly baseless accusation.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390236' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.56']As for the rest of the stuff, I'll actually read it now.[/quote]
Here is what I was hoping for. I'll wait for you to comment before I consider removing my vote though.

Sorry about that joking comment on the duality of man and the presumed innocence and guilt of characters in A Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm back, I'm working on a post against Ronnie, then will shower and return most likely until the deadline.

[quote name='House Inchfield' post='1390245' date='Jun 9 2008, 12.59']Another obnoxious comment I wish I could never see again. Congratulations, statistics support your nearly baseless accusation.[/quote]

Baseless accusation? Obnoxious comment?

It's pretty common sense. A FM would look for an easy target to jump on that no one would blame them for jumping on. I made myself that target. You jumped on. Now you find the fact that I stated this obnoxious and baseless? Why? Because it actually involves you?

[quote name='Inchfield']Here is what I was hoping for. I'll wait for you to comment before I consider removing my vote though.[/quote]

I could give two shits what you're hoping for.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Ashford, Blackbar, Caron, Dalt, Estermont, Harte, Inchfield, Jordayne, Mooton, Norrey, Rambton, Slynt, Uffering, Velaryon, Yronwood.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Rambton (Jordayne, Norrey, Uffering, Yronwood)
4 votes for Slynt (Dalt, Ashford, Inchfield, Harte)
2 votes for Yronwood (Blackbar, Mooton)
1 vote for Ashford (Velaryon)

4 players have not voted: Caron, Estermont, Rambton, Slynt.

3 hours remain

Time to send your night actions! ;)

[quote name='House Rambton' post='1390251' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.00']Sorry about that joking comment on the duality of man and the presumed innocence and guilt of characters in A Song of Ice and Fire.

I'm back, I'm working on a post against Ronnie, then will shower and return most likely until the deadline.[/quote]

Ramb, can you explain your joke to me in the post I quoted? Obvisouly I'm dumb, and I'm leaving in 1 hour, won't be back before the limit, which means I have to make my final choice by then.

[quote]What is the sexiness of the Rambton case? Sounded like he made a joke about Tyrion and the innocent faction supporting him...is that seriously all that everyone is going off of and piling on?[/quote]

They're trying so hard, Inch, don't disappoint them.

Where's the honor in voting for someone who isn't here, really? Really? A bandwagon because I joked about Tyrion? How do you want me to defend that?

Yronwood is looking good to me right now:

He voted Norrey because he said this:

[quote name='Norrey']I can't speak for everyone else but the reason I haven't been around is because it's the weekend. You expect way too much if you think I'm spending my sunday all day by the computer.[/quote]

This is just an easy throw on vote for no reason. So what if Norrey isn't around all day on the first half of day one? Do you know what the odds are of him still being alive next weekend?

Once the Rambton bandwagon started, he said:

[quote name='Ronnie']I still think my vote on Norrey is most justified, but I like case on Rambton also. Innocents won previous game because of the very same slip.[/quote]

Really? A vote you're willing to make so early because you're so sure that Norrey wouldn't be lurking if he wasn't scum? Just going to remove it like that to avoid a no lynch? I think it's suspicious that you're so willing to move your votes around to make sure you get a kill during the day.

[quote name='Ronnie']I am absolutely sure somebody here tries to make a chaos. Is is Slynt or Ashford or both? We will see. Rambton.[/quote]
Oh, it's clever how you did that. You know, saying you'd vote for me if you had to then actually did, while still trying to throw blame around on others. But is it genius rhetoric or logical fallacy?

Ashford to me just seems like that guy in every mafia game that tries to start scumhunting during the joke phase and rubs everyone the wrong way. I'm not saying he's innocent, just that it's a common archetype and probably not worth a day one vote. There's also a Slynt in every game and their guilt or innocence is also entirely relative to the specific game.

I haven't put much into a case against anyone else (I was looking at Ashford and [b]Yronwood[/b] when I started this one, Yronwood stuck out as guilty to me much more than anyone else).

[quote name='House Rambton' post='1390263' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.05']Oh, it's clever how you did that. You know, saying you'd vote for me if you had to then actually did, while still trying to throw blame around on others. But is it genius rhetoric or logical fallacy?[/quote]

It's a valid concern and one I took note of when it was done. First off, Ashford isn't creating chaos therefore there was no reason to mention him in the same breadth as me. He has a valid concern about me but then he votes you. I don't particularly like where that was going as well.

More to come.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1390261' date='Jun 9 2008, 18.05']Ramb, can you explain your joke to me in the post I quoted? Obvisouly I'm dumb, and I'm leaving in 1 hour, won't be back before the limit, which means I have to make my final choice by then.[/quote]

The message was that there are at least two "good" characters, and the evil monkey demon of the two, rather than the good looking, upstanding young hero is in charge of the "innocents". Then commented on how it was really impossible for anyone to be "innocent" when we're all just garnering for a political position where our loyalties are to four people who want power. It's like an election where you say someone is the "right" candidate. This is entirely subjective to your views on said candidate.

EDIT: Will be back in 10-20 minutes.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390236' date='Jun 9 2008, 11.56']Do you actually think I'm guilty or just annoying? Because if it's the latter, as it seems from your posts, you might want to rethink your vote. It just looks like you're jumping on the easy bandwagon for the sake of getting a vote out there. That's not a good position to take.[/quote]
Guilty and annoying are pretty synonymous to me at this point, sadly. It's more of a question of who I will miss least on Day 2, and you're pretty high up there on that list. I have seen half-hearted FMs though, and I've been that half-hearted FM before, so I did get legitimate pings on my Evil-O-Meter. Until you post some substance (which you seem to be well on your way to doing), I'd be happy to see you gone.

[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390255' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.01']Baseless accusation? Obnoxious comment?

It's pretty common sense. A FM would look for an easy target to jump on that no one would blame them for jumping on. I made myself that target. You jumped on. Now you find the fact that I stated this obnoxious and baseless? Why? Because it actually involves you?[/quote]
You were the one that put yourself in the position by intentionally being obnoxious. You may think you are clever by making yourself an 'easy target' however all you've done is been annoying and given us nothing to get a read on you nor have you done anything that suggests you are looking for evils. You've just been a distraction and although it makes you an easy target, it makes you a good target at the same time because I don't want to have people around day 2 that did nothing day 1. Nice way for the OC to skate through day 1 and get a convert.
[quote name='House Slynt' post='1390255' date='Jun 9 2008, 13.01']I could give two shits what you're hoping for.[/quote]
You could? Well that is great. Could you give, say, three shits for what I'm hoping for?

Archived