AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

Death, sweetie, you're dead.

Sorry.

edit: you're not your

edit X2: Now I wonder if she knew that and was just posting as DEATH instead of Death.

edit X3: Now I am sure of it. The Ape must be so proud; I figured it out all by myself.

Greebo was after Death before the mass CF reveal. Greebo then started to "make sense" after mass CF reveal and was no longer major suspect. Now Death gets NKed just as Greebo is out of the frame. Greebo is my top suspect.

Librarian is my #2 because I'm wondering if they were lying about Hogfather - admitting the Friends role but then distancing, when they could be same team/opposing teams.
Hell, Hogfather could even be no symp at all; Stoneface could be lying there, and possibly involved with Librarian (Libby being the symp in the Friendship, Hoggy being innocent)

I'm tired. i'm going to go very soon, unless somebody posts something worthwhile, in which case I'll go anyway, and be back tomorrow lunchtime.

In the meantime, I'm going to place a vote on [b]Greebo[/b].

How many points do I get for altguessing both of them?

Question comes up: why didn't Vimes get NKed? He was the obvious target considering DEATH was just another CF and it would be practically untraceable (or possibly even framed on me) since I've stated I don't believe him and/or would add him to my teams.

It is day 4.

8 players remain: Blind Io, Cohen the Barbarian, Death of Rats, Esme Weatherwax, Greebo, Gytha Ogg, Stoneface Vimes, The Librarian.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for Greebo (Cohen the Barbarian)
1 vote for The Librarian (Greebo)

6 players have not voted: Blind Io, Death of Rats, Esme Weatherwax, Gytha Ogg, Stoneface Vimes, The Librarian.

I remembered what it was I forgot yesterday!

Dibbler was modkilled for inactivity less than three hours after his last post.

Now, unless Dibbler wanted to be modkilled because he would be unable to finish - and this hasn't been stated - I figure there must be a reason.

Looking at the roles, I can't see anything that would cause death during the day -

(NOTE TO MODS: daykills would be a good twist idea in future mafias, with restrictions obviously)

- and no suicide role either.

The only thing as far as I can see is the "fruit" thing. Hogfather triggered it and Dibbler said it, and soon after got modkilled. Now I'm wondering if this was set up. It's a long shot theory, I admit, but:

SCD complains re: FCD. Hogfather punished.
Hogfather triggers it again. Dibbler punished by death.

For this to work, either SCD and Hogfather would have to have been pre-ordained to have the spat over "f***t" and that it was a setup from the beginning. Note also that Esme stuck up for SCD in day 1, and Esme also avoided the "f***t" trap set by Hogfather yesterday, so I figure Esme could be involved too.

Trouble is that if SCD was innocent and Hogfather a symp, then I don't know how they would be setting a trap for innocents. Unless, perhaps, the mods were feeling frisky and decided to introduce it mid-game because of the friction over the "FCD" thing; or, something else!

If SCD was guilty, of course, then I'm very sane and we've had - and could still have - a shitload of killers, which makes me wonder if I'm the only innocent left alive :P

(Ignore me if Dibbler was modkilled for personal reasons)

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1410122' date='Jun 22 2008, 03.49']How many points do I get for altguessing both of them?

Question comes up: why didn't Vimes get NKed? He was the obvious target considering DEATH was just another CF and it would be practically untraceable (or possibly even framed on me) since I've stated I don't believe him and/or would add him to my teams.[/quote]

The team that killed last night, Team Rincewind, already had their symp exposed. They didn't care if the other teams symp was found.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1410130' date='Jun 21 2008, 22.00'](Ignore me if Dibbler was modkilled for personal reasons)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the mod clarified it was because he couldn't contribute as much as was necessary.

And there are daykilling roles, they just aren't very common.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1410130' date='Jun 22 2008, 04.00']Dibbler was modkilled for inactivity less than three hours after his last post.

Now, unless Dibbler wanted to be modkilled because he would be unable to finish - and this hasn't been stated - I figure there must be a reason.[/quote]
'ME did not have the time to continue the game and gave us permission to modkill him. So we did.

eta: as above.

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1409344' date='Jun 21 2008, 05.39']Mod Clariffication

CMOT was modkilled becuse he did not have enough time to play the game and participate.[/quote]

ETA: So we all just posted the same quote.

Good job, guys.

Alright, I'm back and I'm sorry to say that I didn't investigate the Librarian last night. I actually now agree that it wouldn't have been a bad plan, just to clear up what's going on with the Librarian if nothing else. But I was not here at the end of the day when the idea was being discussed and I sent mu provisional investigation in quite a bit earlier.

So, who I did investigate was our feline friend Greebo, whom I can safely report is not a symp.

Are we holding off on the CFs still?

ETA: I'm pretty sure that the reason I survived was what Io said. The other FM team was killing last night and they have as much to gain from me finding another symp as the innocents do.

[quote name='Stoneface Vimes' post='1410142' date='Jun 21 2008, 22.25']ETA: I'm pretty sure that the reason I survived was what Io said. The other FM team was killing last night and they have as much to gain from me finding another symp as the innocents do.[/quote]

So you won't rule out completely the possibility that you and Librarian are part of an Fm team.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1410147' date='Jun 21 2008, 22.29']So you won't rule out completely the possibility that you and Librarian are part of an Fm team.[/quote]

I will rule out completely the idea that I am part of an FM team.

I don't really buy the Librarian as an FM. I am sure he was friended with the Hogfather and that they weren't on the same team. An FM friended with a symp from the opposite team is going a little too far I think.

I can't rule out completely the idea that the Librarian is a symp. It's a worrying thought because it means two of our strongest players were manipulating things to evil ends. I have no objections to investigating the Librarian in the future.

[quote name='Stoneface Vimes' post='1410149' date='Jun 21 2008, 22.33']I can't rule out completely the idea that the Librarian is a symp. It's a worrying thought because it means two of our strongest players were manipulating things to evil ends. I have no objections to investigating the Librarian in the future.[/quote]

Why didn't you investigate him last night? And what did you find more sympy about Greebo's behavior than Librarian's?

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1410151' date='Jun 21 2008, 22.36']Why didn't you investigate him last night? And what did you find more sympy about Greebo's behavior than Librarian's?[/quote]

At the time I didn't find anything suspicious about the Librarian. All my suspicions of him were due to his links to the Hogfather and I felt those links had been explained satisfactorily. I agree now that he would have been a good investigation, because if he is innocent then clarifying that would have been good so we wouldn't need to discuss it as a possibility all today. If he came up sympy then that would have an obvious benefit.

Greebo hasn't been contributing a lot to conversations about the guilt or innocence of folks are minimal and he spends a lot of time berating people. I've felt there was something suspicious about him for a while and I noticed that quite a few others shared this belief.

I'll admit that I'm not the world's greatest symp finder. I don't have the experience to really know what I'm looking for so I can only try for the people I find suspicious. (Except for the Hogfather, I'll take full credit for finding him :P).

Oh damn Vimes.

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1409699' date='Jun 21 2008, 19.45']Teir 1: Greebo, Hogfather (as symp)
Teir 2: Cohen, Death, Death of Rats, Gytha, Libby
Tier 3: Esme, Vimes, Io

On tier 2 Libby is (IMO) most likely innocent or a symp, but probably not a killer. That leaves Cohen, Death, DoR, and Gytha as the partner of Duckman.[/quote]

Teir 1: Greebo (as Rincewind's Partner)
Teir 2: Cohen, Death of Rats, Gytha, Libby (possible symp to Duckman's team)
Tier 3: Esme, Vimes, Io

With Death gone we are down to 3 for Duckman's partner... Cohen, Death of Rats, and Gytha.

And as much as I think lynching Greebo would be great, it's not his night to kill. I think we ought to concentrate on finding the FM that kills tonight. A much harder job

Looking back at Cohen, DoR, and Gytha now.

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1410168' date='Jun 21 2008, 23.02']And as much as I think lynching Greebo would be great, it's not his night to kill. I think we ought to concentrate on finding the FM that kills tonight. A much harder job

Looking back at Cohen, DoR, and Gytha now.[/quote]

I think I've missed something here somewhere. Why is it that you're confident Greebo is partnered with Rincewind?

[quote name='Stoneface Vimes' post='1410181' date='Jun 22 2008, 05.30']I think I've missed something here somewhere. Why is it that you're confident Greebo is partnered with Rincewind?[/quote]
Both Gytha, and DoR put their votes on Rincewind and kept them there a major part of day 2. Cohen went after him pretty hard day 1.

I am not saying none of them couldn't be RW's partner, just the Greebo is most likely.

Archived