AGOT Mafia 55

House Targaryen

[quote name='Menelaus' post='1449518' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.07']I am not sure I understand you. I thought it started clearly Symps and FM are also included in the roles sent out when the game started. It was latter confirmed they could partake in quests and recieve additonal roles latter with the RI's.[/quote]

We all know they can partake in quests, and it's obvious that the first quest (which I'm not discussing, just alluding to) isn't the last.

How are you so sure there are FM PMs? Can you please paraphrase yours for us so we know what to look for?

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449534' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.18']:thumbsdown: [i]Patroclus[/i]

Between the high post count of fluff, the overreaction to the suspicions based on his high fluff count and his repeated misreading/failure to read the rules, the guy just doesn't jibe for me.[/quote]

I assume you'll quote the parts I missed for me to support your (half the game's) theory.

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449541' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.21']I assume you'll quote the parts I missed for me to support your (half the game's) theory.[/quote]

No? Didn't think you or Menelaus would.

Now, something that supports my idea:

[quote]Roles that will or [b]might be[/b] used in the beginning:

Greek Warrior (RI)

Kingmaker

Trojan Warrior (FM)

Trojan Spy (symp)[/quote]

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449521' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.14']We all know they can partake in quests, and it's obvious that the first quest (which I'm not discussing, just alluding to) isn't the last.

How are you so sure there are FM PMs? Can you please paraphrase yours for us so we know what to look for?[/quote]

I don't think Menelaus said anything about PMs, but here you are trying to turn an argument regarding the rules he didn't even use against him.

What else do you want me to find? For the fluff, all someone need do is look at your first 20 posts. For the misreading/misstating the rules, the next few. For the overreactions, your last several.

I suppose we can also add incredibly impatient to the list. I didn't know I had only 7 minutes to respond before you declared yourself the winner of this particular pissing match.

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449563' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.31']I don't think Menelaus said anything about PMs, but here you are trying to turn an argument regarding the rules he didn't even use against him.

What else do you want me to find? For the fluff, all someone need do is look at your first 20 posts. For the misreading/misstating the rules, the next few. For the overreactions, your last several.

I suppose we can also add incredibly impatient to the list. I didn't know I had only 7 minutes to respond before you declared yourself the winner of this particular pissing match.[/quote]

I'm a very neurotic person. I don't know why having a large post count makes you nervous, especially when I stated earlier that we SHOULDN'T CI someone that posts alot. I've never made any assertion that being a heavy poster meant anything, and making that claim is just like quoting an out of date edition of Mafia Stereotypes 101.

As for overreacting, sure, it would be anti-town for me to just let myself die.

And if you're still looking for a quote in the rules I apologize, please continue.

I'm not suspicious of you because you have the most posts. I'm suspicious of you because you have the most posts but up until 10 posts ago you'd contributed as much as Teucer.

It just seems convenient to me then you come up with the "well the last couple games the person with the most posts was evil, so because I'm telling you this my having the highest post count means I'm not evil."

May I hear opinions of Agamemnon as well? In general I appreciate his posts, but something about the way he has attacked Phil multiple times for being "bloodthirsty" (voting for Teucer) yet, at the same time, advocating for me to kill the leas active person instead of letting him be modkill is hypocritical at best.

Meanwhile, here is something for those who keep mentioning Crete....

[quote name='Epimenides of Crete']They fashioned a tomb for thee, O holy and high one
The Cretans, always liars, evil beasts, idle bellies!
But thou art not dead: thou livest and abidest forever,
For in thee we live and move and have our being.

– Epimenides, Cretica[/quote]

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449589' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.45']It just seems convenient to me then you come up with the "well the last couple games the person with the most posts was evil, so because I'm telling you this my having the highest post count means I'm not evil."[/quote]

You misunderstood my point. My point was that for some reason you're calling my "fluffing" my post count suspicious despite me saying that innocence isn't related to post counts; not that I should be CI'd because I said that.

[quote name='Diomedes' post='1449591' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.46']May I hear opinions of Agamemnon as well? In general I appreciate his posts, but something about the way he has attacked Phil multiple times for being "bloodthirsty" (voting for Teucer) yet, at the same time, advocating for me to kill the leas active person instead of letting him be modkill is hypocritical at best.[/quote]

I called Phil bloodthirsty because he was continually trying to make a case against Menelaus and to an extent Achilleus due to a line of roleplay. Then, it appeared as soon as someone mentioned you killing Teucer for inactivity, he jumped right on that with a post detailing why.

I was all for you killing Teucer, because as people have stated, if he is mod-killed and innocent and you then kill an innocent, we'll have taken a terrible blow. Add to that the likely death of another innocent tonight (if the FM don't target the new King) and the innocents will immediately be down to 6 vs. 3 or 7 vs. 2, whichever numbers the FM have. It will put us on a very tight rope to walk if the innocents want to win the game.

I don't believe it was hypocritical at all as much as trying to perform damage control.

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449599' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.50']You misunderstood my point. My point was that for some reason you're calling my "fluffing" my post count suspicious despite me saying that innocence isn't related to post counts; not that I should be CI'd because I said that.[/quote]

I concede you the point. Innocence is not related to post count, since FM tend to hide in both high and low post counts. But it can be suspicious when someone posts a lot but doesn't say anything. Those who post more are generally spared during the first day or so because the game would be dreadfully boring if it were just the quiet players. I'm not saying that's always the case, but I've seen FM successfully use the strategy enough to be wary of it.

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449607' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.53']I applaud Diomedes for baiting Agamemnon into being just as "overreacting" as I was. It was a funny tactic that seemed to work well.

EDIT: My point is, it showed that when pushed, "overreacting"'s a primal reaction.[/quote]

Pray tell, how is explaining one actions an overreaction?

This I would say is an overreaction:

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449416' date='Jul 21 2008, 15.12']I really hope I get lynched for referencing BSG, that'd be worthy of the wiki.

Seriously, what suspicious have I done? I honestly never realized what "The FM can't be replaced" meant, though it was late here (and why I had to leave, which apparently is suspicious).[/quote]

and also this:

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449431' date='Jul 21 2008, 15.24']An odd comment and everyone loses their cool. You could tell them you're the FM and kill someone and they wouldn't care, it's what's expected, but mention Crete once, upset the established order and everyone goes crazy![/quote]

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449634' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.01']Pray tell, how is explaining one actions an overreaction?[/quote]

Well, in that first post I thought it would genuinely be funny if I was killed for talking about Battlestar. Then I genuinely was trying to straighten out when he had said about FMs being replace.

Second post was reference to the new Batman movie, which shouldn't surprise you as everything I was saying at that point was nonsensical.

Actual quote from the film:

The Joker:"Introduce a little anarchy... Upset the established order... Well then everyone loses their minds!"

[quote name='Diomedes' post='1449591' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.46']May I hear opinions of Agamemnon as well?[/quote]

A strong player. Could be anything really, but I'm pretty suspicious of Phil myself, so I'm certainly not holding that against him. Probably worth keeping around for the time being. I'd personally go for someone else.

Patroclus or either of the Ajax would be fine by me. I wouldn't cry a river over Phil either. I wouldn't kill Agamemnon or Menelaus.

And having given my opinion I'm off for the night. Choose wisely, oh King!

I haven't had a problem with Aggie.

Phil does cause me to raise an eyebrow, but I think that is just a difference of a few opinions

I really don't have a lot of a read on either of the Ajaxes but I certainly have not warmed up to either of them.

I am not on the fence with Pat..again, I don't get that "good" feeling from him, but other than what has already been pointed out, there is not a lot to go on.

Per Diomedes' request:

Achilleus- I doubt he's guilty. I agree with him about the loss of two innocents and the cost of this. His reaction about killing Teucer gives me good vibes about him. The whole "symp clue" thing is absoloute bullshit, so someone point out to me why this guy seems guilty?

Idomeneus- Other than his obsession with dice, contributes and enhances discussion. The dice though, seem a bit odd, as they are more likely to take out an innocent than killer, and also inhibit discussion. If we did hit a killer by some strange luck, we would have no discussion to look for his partners in. Illogical, might be a killer trying to eliminate discussion and ties with teammates.

Patroclus- Combative. Very, very, combative. Not helping the innocent cause, gives me bad feelings. Overreactions clearly evident, however this means to me they're either roled or extremely passionate about the game.

Ajax the Lesser- Not contributing, wants Teucer to live. 13 posts. Flying under the radar while making occasional posts to remain present. My top choice for a kill, based on his actions and a gut feeling.

Ajax the Greater- Annoying, seems similar to the other Ajax, but less scheming. I would approve of this kill too.

My ranking:

1. Ajax the Lesser
2. Ajax the Greater
3. Patroclus
4. Idomeneus
5. Achilleus

I should be here until the end of the day, so anyone wanting input / answers / questions / sexual favors from me just needs to ask.

Patroclus, stop quoting strange shit, it's making my head swim.

The more you try and dig yourself out of shit people throw at you, the more you make yourself suspicious in my book.

The brothers are obviously gonna back each other up, family ties an' all :P

I don't like Agamemnon's idea earlier on of killing the least inactive player - ie the highest poster. Just because high posters were guilty before, doesn't mean guilties don't learn.

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449122' date='Jul 21 2008, 09.05']I remain in the camp that the least inactive person should be sacrificed today. Yes, the random kill does improve the chances on finding a FM today, but the chances are even greater that it will be an innocent who could contribute to defeating the FM later on. Someone who might catch upon a clue that would have otherwise been missed. The random kill will almost surely hurt the side of the innocents greater than that of the FM and I, for one, would rather that not happen.[/quote]

But a point in Aggy's favour is his post 213 above. Basically saying post count isn't always indicative. However, this is very "duh", not really a guilty or innocent thing to say.

Thus, Agamemnon and Patroclus are growing in suspicion for me. Seeing as they're well at each other's throats this early, I doubt there is a link between them. So, in short, I'm confused.

The Ajaxes, btw, haven't posted enough for me to decide either way yet.

EDIT: The post I quoted refers to the paragraph before it, not the post 213 which I didn't quote; it's on this page.

Archived