Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Myre' post='1522828' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.48'][u]The reality is, you and Drumm can still be partners.[/u] Its true that you put him at 2 votes. But you didn't do it until [u]after[/u] I had committed to voting for you, and said I was unable to change my vote.[/quote]Wrong. I voted in post #743 and I really hoped you (or even Botley) might switch. Only in #747 you ruined that hope.
[quote]That pairing being Myre - Drumm? Umm....did you forget that you just declared Drumm to be PI?[/quote]PI is not CI. I admit small chance that Drumm still might be guilty.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1522855' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.02']Wrong. I voted in post #743 and I really hoped you (or even Botley) might switch. Only in #747 you ruined that hope.[/quote]

Now you are lying. Are you just conveniently forgetting post 738, where I said -

[quote name='Myre']Okay, I just figured out that [u]we have no choice today[/u] (from my perspective, at least). [u]Farwynd has to be the lynch.[/u][/quote]

And I also said -

[quote name='Myre']there are no other options.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I was clear about how I felt in that post. Which came well before your vote.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1522837' date='Sep 18 2008, 07.54']Because it's hightly irrelevant and confusing. Even if your numbers were right, your desire to bring theory of probabilities here isn't justified.
Oh, sorry, it should be 13-4. There are 8 dead players, alignment of 4 we know for sure. So, 3/9=33%. Innocence of you, Goodbrother and Stonetree is in-game information.[/quote]
So the error in my calculation is irrelevant, but that other error that you so kindly pointed out is not irrelevant. Fascinating.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1522787' date='Sep 18 2008, 14.19']Tell me! My mind is changeable, and I'm partially basing my vote on Myre's logic. So if you can prove him wrong, do so.[/quote]
Myre's logic only works if you're Myre. Why do you trust Myre so much?

Take, for example, me. From my POV, you're CI, and I'm CI. That leaves Kenning, Myre, and Farwynd. Myre and Farwynd obviously aren't partners. However, Kenning-Farwynd and Kenning-Myre are both possibilities. If I wanted to make 100% sure that no 2-FM team remained to tomorrow, I'd want to get rid of Kenning. And so it works for the rest of us. Myre wants to remove Farwynd, and Kenning wants to remove Drumm.

[quote]Also, you voted Myre to put him under pressure. Why? He's not really under pressure. Sure, he dies in 2 more votes. But nobody is going to vote for him. Maybe you knew that.[/quote]
Myre is in my Tier 1.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1522861' date='Sep 18 2008, 09.07']Now you are lying. Are you just conveniently forgetting post 738, where I said -[/quote]Yeah, I forgot it. Because at moment that I haven't taken it seriously. Very often people say they won't change their mind and later do change.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1522879' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.18']Yeah, I forgot it. Because at moment that I haven't taken it seriously. Very often people say they won't change their mind and later do change.[/quote]

Oh I see. So when I said I had no choice the first time, you couldn't take it seriously. But when I said [u]the exact same thing[/u] the second time, [i]then[/i] you knew it was serious. :rolleyes:

That's beyond ridiculous.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1522880' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.18']To lynch Farwynd, we need either Kenning or Drumm. Kenning seems pretty adamant on voting Drumm, and Drumm won't vote for his partner. What to do, what to do.[/quote]

Kenning should be back soon (according to his post, I think he said he'd be back...2 hours ago). I'd like to know if he is willing to consider switching his vote.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1522860' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.07']And note that Myre questions impossibility of Farwynd/Kenning pairing, but not impossibility of Myre/Kenning pairing, though my reasoning was exactly same for both.[/quote]

Myre/Kenning is impossible, actually. If Kenning was my partner, its fairly obvious that you'd already be dead. He'd have cast the 3rd vote on you a long time ago.

Do you deny that?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1522880' date='Sep 18 2008, 15.18']To lynch Farwynd, we need either Kenning or Drumm. Kenning seems pretty adamant on voting Drumm, and Drumm won't vote for his partner. What to do, what to do.[/quote]
This is hilarious. You really do think Farwynd's my partner? We would be the absolute worst fucking FM team ever. This is a CF game. Look back at what I've said about Farwynd. I've interacted with him far more than a usual FM team would dare, and I've never distanced myself from him at all--no distancing in a CF game where both of us were plenty active on the first few days.

Botley, you [i]do[/i] realize half of Myre's reasoning to vote Farwynd relies on me being a killer? I am not a killer. Myre's reasoning is null and void. Your math means nothing to me since I can't even pull off basic arithmetic. Same goes for Kenning.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1522877' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.17']Myre is in my Tier 1.[/quote]
So? You haven't voted for him, have you?

I'm going to do my own little partner analysis. Myre and Farwynd can't be partners. Kenning and Drumm can't be partners. That leaves Myre+Kenning, Myre+Drumm, Farwynd+Kenning, and Farwynd+Drumm. Kenning looks pretty innocent to me, so for now I'll eliminate him. That leaves Myre+Drumm and Farwynd+Drumm. So by that logic, I should vote Drumm. However, for now I'll leave my vote where it is, because Farwynd really looks more guilty, and it's always possible that there aren't partners. My instinct likes Farwynd, but logic doesn't support it.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1522893' date='Sep 18 2008, 15.25']So? You haven't voted for him, have you?

I'm going to do my own little partner analysis. Myre and Farwynd can't be partners. Kenning and Drumm can't be partners. That leaves Myre+Kenning, Myre+Drumm, Farwynd+Kenning, and Farwynd+Drumm. [u]Kenning looks pretty innocent to me, so for now I'll eliminate him.[/u] That leaves Myre+Drumm and Farwynd+Drumm. So by that logic, I should vote Drumm. However, for now I'll leave my vote where it is, because Farwynd really looks more guilty, and it's always possible that there aren't partners. My instinct likes Farwynd, but logic doesn't support it.[/quote]
You know, when it's 3 votes to lynch, voting's delicate business. Excuse me if I don't want to throw my vote around as if it were Day 1.

Why does Kenning look innocent to you? Is it the trippy modern art avatar?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1522873' date='Sep 18 2008, 09.15']So the error in my calculation is irrelevant, but that other error that you so kindly pointed out is not irrelevant. Fascinating.[/quote]Small error is irrelevant also, but discussing of it doesn't spend as much time and space as discussing of the complicated (too complicated for non-mathematician) computation.
Ok, if it will make you feel better, I am ready to agree there are no other mistake in your math than wrong initial data. :) And let's fofget this.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1522892' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.24']This is hilarious. You really do think Farwynd's my partner? We would be the absolute worst fucking FM team ever. This is a CF game. Look back at what I've said about Farwynd. I've interacted with him far more than a usual FM team would dare, and I've never distanced myself from him at all--no distancing in a CF game where both of us were plenty active on the first few days.[/quote]

Thats not true at all. You said this -

[quote name='Drumm']...My vote's going on Farwynd first thing tomorrow, just for the record. It won't be budging until he says something useful.[/quote]

And this -

[quote name='Drumm']Vote's still on Farwynd tomorrow irregardless.[/quote]

Both posts could easily be distancing. There may be others, but I don't have the time to look for them right now.

Add in your refusal to vote for him, and there's certainly reason to be concerned.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1522892' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.24']This is hilarious. You really do think Farwynd's my partner? We would be the absolute worst fucking FM team ever. This is a CF game. Look back at what I've said about Farwynd. I've interacted with him far more than a usual FM team would dare, and I've never distanced myself from him at all--no distancing in a CF game where both of us were plenty active on the first few days.[/quote]
Yeah, but you haven't been lynched for being partners yet, have you? You can't say "I acted this way towards this person so we can't be partners". To really look innocent, you act the way an FM would never act. *initiate WIFOM argument*
[quote]Botley, you [i]do[/i] realize half of Myre's reasoning to vote Farwynd relies on me being a killer? I am not a killer. Myre's reasoning is null and void. Your math means nothing to me since I can't even pull off basic arithmetic. Same goes for Kenning.[/quote]
Half of Myre's reasoning does. I'm using the other half, plus some of my own. And it doesn't matter if my math means nothing to you, because it means something to me and I know that it means something to me. Although apparently Farwynd thinks it's wrong somehow, in which case it doesn't mean something to me. But is it actually wrong? Hmm, I don't know. Should I trust my logic, or trust Farwynd when he says I made an error and he won't tell me what it is? I'd have to go with . . . my logic.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1522903' date='Sep 18 2008, 15.29']Both posts could easily be distancing. There may be others, but I don't have the time to look for them right now.

Add in your refusal to vote for him, and there's certainly reason to be concerned.[/quote]
Some distancing. I wanted to vote him for no reason at all back on Day 1 = distancing? That's weak. I had the time back then. I could've made a full blown case if I wanted to, albeit it'd have to be a weak for if I didn't want him legitimately lynched. I could've suggested we lynch an inactive player without any undue suspicion onto either of us.

Seriously, man. I have yet to see a good reason (that I understand, Bots' math is beyond me) to lynch Farwynd. I have time here, and I'm willing to use it. Why the rush on your part?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1522909' date='Sep 18 2008, 15.31']And it doesn't matter if my math means nothing to you, because it means something to me and I know that it means something to me.[/quote]
This is the bullshit thinking that's been making me want to break down and cry this entire game.

It's not about convincing yourself. This entire game is not about finding whose evil and lynching them. Conversely, it's not about staying alive if you are evil. It's about picking a person you want lynched and convincing everyone else that's a good idea.

edit: I got class. gotta run

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1522899' date='Sep 18 2008, 08.27']Small error is irrelevant also, but discussing of it doesn't spend as much time and space as discussing of the complicated (too complicated for non-mathematician) computation.
Ok, if it will make you feel better, I am ready to agree there are no other mistake in your math than wrong initial data. :) And let's fofget this.[/quote]
So...you were lying earlier, or you are lying now?

I GTG for a few hours.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1522883' date='Sep 18 2008, 09.21']Oh I see. So when I said I had no choice the first time, you couldn't take it seriously. But when I said [u]the exact same thing[/u] the second time, [i]then[/i] you knew it was serious. :rolleyes:[/quote]The second time you said it after I appeared and gently asked you to give me some time to reply. You refused, thus proving your seriousness by action. If it depended on you, I'd be dead before being able to argue.
Later you said you wanted to hear my opinion, but only after Drumm made absolutely clear he shalln't axe me until I tell what I want.

Archived