MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

Sorry, I'm sure you all are tired of reading my posts at this point, I know I can help the innocent team more by staying alive rather than giving up. Without further ado:
[quote name='House Botley' post='1569440' date='Oct 27 2008, 19.50']I would like to get a good explanation for the following chain of logic:

1) Orkwood supports the case on Farwynd

2) Orkwood completely forgets the case on Farwynd (although it has been present for a long time).

3) Orkwood has no read on Farwynd

4) Orkwood gets accused by Botley

5) Orkwood is not supporting the case on Farwynd anymore, because it is similar to the case on him.[/quote]
6) Orkwood gets accused by Farwynd

7) Orkwood is focused solely on Farwynd and trusts Botley
Seriously, look at Orkwood's posts from yesterday (with 40 posts per page) mid page 6 to top of page 8 (not very long). Does he look more innocent here than me? Does he seem to be questioning and interacting with other players, trying to find who is guilty? (How many players that are 'under the radar' question other players (Saltcliffe, Harlaw, Orkwood, Botley, etc.) like I did? The crux of the argument against me by Orkwood rests on this fallacious point.)

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1569775' date='Oct 28 2008, 04.27']In all honesty?

I am struggling with how to find killers when there are no partners. One SK is hard to spot... But two?[/quote]This is from the end of Day 2. So now Orkwood is completely sure of himself? Why? At no point does he question his own case or any comments about it. So are we to believe he is all of a sudden infallible (in his own mind at least)?

I also wanted to point out this reaction from Botley's case on Orkwood:
[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1569769' date='Oct 28 2008, 04.14']A good case wouldn't provoke this sort of reaction. In fact, the bit you claim to have slept through is the very place where I explain exactly why I'm pissed off and over defensive about it. when something pisses me off, i get drawn into long, meaningless fights with people. It happens. I get pissed off at what's either a poor innocent play or great SK play. For some reason, the idea it's great SK play doesn't matter. I act out on the possibility it's bad innocent play, and I can over react. I can go to far. I'm fighting very hard to not put blinkers on and attack back. I'm sorely tempted to make a case that hinges on the idea that with a "mistake" like quoting my brief "i can't remember" defense and not the "right here's what happened one" we either have an innocent who's making mistakes so can die without too much harm, or a guilty. I won't make it because I do feel it's out of character so far, and don't feel that Botley is an overall harm to the team if innocent. However, it's taking all my self control to resist.

Interestingly, If i was guilty, self preservation would have taken hold, WAY above a worry that Team Innocent were being deceived, either by poor play or intentionally. I'm a much more controlled killer than I am a controlled innocent. It gives focus, and means I no longer have to worry about what's good for the team rather than just me.

Edit, yes, the last point is WIFOM. So shoot me!

Edit2: I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! I'll keep reading if possible, but that all depends how busy I am at work. Speak to you all in around 9 hours.[/quote]Where is the outrage with my case? Perhaps that means he agrees my case is legit :thumbsup:.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1570765' date='Oct 29 2008, 00.13']First, I wouldn't say he was adamant on voting out Volmark he only had two posts even about Volmark:The first is a bandwagon vote, pretty safe vote, which he adding some, fairly shoddy, reasoning to (Volmark went on to try and lynch Saltcliffe).

*Orkwood's quotes etc...*[/quote]

I suppose that's what you get when you make posts late and without having had time to reread. :blush:
I was certain Orkwood was the one who brought up the slip in the first place.

OK, have to run now, back in a couple of hours and hopefully I can do rereads then.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1571039' date='Oct 29 2008, 02.43']I think Orkwood is [i]less[/i] suspicious than you because I see nothing suspicious in his actions. I disagreed accusation made towards him from the moment they were made, and I found his answers satisfying. I am less satisfied with your answers. Arguments like "If I was SK, I'd give up already" aren't legitimate, in my opinion. They prove nothing but your polemical ability.[/quote]Dude, that is the least significant piece of defense I posted. A piece of WIFOM I posted out of frustration because of the time I've put in today and the lack of response I've had. Nobody is willing to poing by point look at our posts. Frankly, I'm not sure what answers you are talking about because he hasn't responded to most of my posts.

eta-[quote name='House Myre' post='1571042' date='Oct 29 2008, 02.52']I suppose that's what you get when you make posts late and without having had time to reread. :blush:
I was certain Orkwood was the one who brought up the slip in the first place.

OK, have to run now, back in a couple of hours and hopefully I can do rereads then.[/quote]
That was Harlaw :).

It is day 3.

8 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

4 votes for Farwynd ( Goodbrother, Harlaw, Orkwood, Botley)
1 vote for Orkwood ( Farwynd)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Merlyn)

2 players have not voted: Myre, Saltcliffe.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1571044' date='Oct 29 2008, 07.55']I'm not sure what answers you are talking about because he hasn't responded to most of my posts.[/quote]Bad news is that I won't have time to reread Orkwood (not even speaking about full reread) during 11 hours left. I have too much other stuff to do. :(
[b]Remove vote[/b], since I want this day to be of maximal possible length.
I'd really prefer some compromise lynch today. Perhaps I'll find time to reread Saltcliffe...

Just a quick check in post, as not too much has happened since I last disappeared.

I'll be gone until pretty much the end of the day. I might get to post in the meantime, but it isn't garenteed.

I guess you can consider my vote cemented in place for the day. If it's going nowhere late on, and a compromise case i'm not totally against crops up then I will switch to it, but that relies on me being able to get on to read it, then actually post to make the switch.

One thing I can say, just in case I don't get to see tomorrow, is this. In fact I'm not just saying it, I'm pleading it... to all of you...

Please, if you are innocent and end up in the last three with someone like no-post saltcliffe and someone like Myre who shouldn't have lived to end game, then I beg of you, think of it this way...

If, say, Myre wins... It's a well fought game. He deserves it. If, say, saltcliffe wins, we will all feel robbed that he snuck through. So please, if you hit end game with a non contributor who has snuck through, kill him. Unless you are positive the other person is guilty, kill the person you'd least like to see win as a SK.

If saltcliffe is guilty and slips into end game, he cannot win. Simple as that.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1571070' date='Oct 29 2008, 02.03']One thing I can say, just in case I don't get to see tomorrow, is this. In fact I'm not just saying it, I'm pleading it... to all of you...

Please, if you are innocent and end up in the last three with someone like no-post saltcliffe and someone like Myre who shouldn't have lived to end game, then I beg of you, think of it this way...

If, say, Myre wins... It's a well fought game. He deserves it. If, say, saltcliffe wins, we will all feel robbed that he snuck through. So please, if you hit end game with a non contributor who has snuck through, kill him. Unless you are positive the other person is guilty, kill the person you'd least like to see win as a SK.

If saltcliffe is guilty and slips into end game, he cannot win. Simple as that.[/quote]

My suspect list is down to four, and we have four lynches left.

Botley, Ihave an innocent read on you but I want to make an opinion for myself and vote for the one I find the most suspicious. I don't like blindly following leaders.
I agree we are in a very good position to win that game, but for my personal pride I'd rather lynch the SK today or ASAP. ;)

So I'll take some time to do my rereads now.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571076' date='Oct 29 2008, 04.19']Can we finally lynch someone to get things moving? :angry:[/quote]Have you actually read over each case or do you really just not care? I expect better from you. Plus, a lynch isn't going to make people suddenly appear more. This game is going to be slow if people continue to not play/be unable to play. Lynching me isn't going to help make the game go more quickly because it depends on the people.

Also, you seem very convinced that you are going to live through all of these lynches. With a kill coming tonight, I'd think you'd want to be sure you are lynching the right person.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1571099' date='Oct 29 2008, 04.34']Have you actually read over each case or do you really just not care? I expect better from you. Plus, a lynch isn't going to make people suddenly appear more. This game is going to be slow if people continue to not play/be unable to play. Lynching me isn't going to help make the game go more quickly because it depends on the people.

Also, you seem very convinced that you are going to live through all of these lynches. With a kill coming tonight, I'd think you'd want to be sure you are lynching the right person.[/quote]
I won't consider lynchin Myre, Merlyn and Goodbrother. As for the rest, I don't care in which order to lynch them. My personal ranking is Orkwood, you, Harlaw and Saltcliffe. Nothing that's gonna come is going to convince me otherwise.

I suppose it means I don't have to reread Farwynd. We'll know soon enough.

I'm through my reread of Orkwood at the moment, but have been distracted by work. I'd have liked a bit more time to finish it, but well...

ETA: just saw Targ's count. I really should keep better track of votes. :rolleyes:

It is day 3.

8 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe.

4 votes for Farwynd ( Harlaw, Orkwood, Botley, Merlyn)

3 players have not voted: Goodbrother, Myre, Saltcliffe.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1571130' date='Oct 29 2008, 05.15']It is day 3.

4 votes for Farwynd ( Harlaw, Orkwood, Botley, Merlyn)

3 players have not voted: Goodbrother, Myre, Saltcliffe.[/quote]
:tantrum:

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1571114' date='Oct 29 2008, 05.53']I would prefer to lynch orkwood than Farwynd today. But I cannot guarentee being back before day end, so I will vote [b]Farwynd[/b] for the sake of the lynch.[/quote]There are 8 hours left, what the hell? I think someone did the math that we have something like a 61% chance of winning at this moment. This lynch still needs to count. By lynching me all you'll be doing is lowering that chance and pissing me off because clearly most people aren't willing to actually read the thread and give an honest answer as to who should be lynched based on the facts.

eta-[quote name='House Botley' post='1571132' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.22']:tantrum:[/quote]Don't even go there. I'm about here right now: :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Archived