MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1571201' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.55']Hello again. Tomorrow, if the game is not over, and you really feel it necessary, go ahead an lynch me. I refuse to be mod killed. I won't take a day away from the innocents. I am innocent, but discovered yesterday that I have no time to play, not even evenings or weekends.

I'll help lynch the likely choice each day, until you lunch me or we win. Truly sorry I can't actually play. I love this game and hate that I won't be able to play again until after the end of the year.[/quote]

Are you able to post once each day to avoid a modkill?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571217' date='Oct 29 2008, 08.20']That's a good reason why we shouldn't wait until the whole 32 hours of this day are over. This waiting is starting to get ridiculous. We should prepare Farwynd and Orkwood ASAP for their flight to spoiler heaven.

* hands wings to Farwynd and Orkwood *[/quote]I'll have wings. Orkwood will need a jackhammer to get down to where he'll be going. :P

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571218' date='Oct 29 2008, 08.20']Are you able to post once each day to avoid a modkill?[/quote]Harlaw said they would refuse to be modkilled.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1570835' date='Oct 29 2008, 01.06']And the one on you. Right now, me and you are the favourites to hang.

From a third party perspective, I'd rather either of us hang than Salt, but wouldn't complain if Salt was to hang.

As myself, Obviously I'd rather you hang, followed by salt. Why? I know I'm innocent, so of course I'd rather someone who's status I don't know hangs instead. You don't know what I know though, which is why the 3rd party view is the one to take I guess. Either way, Salt probably isn't the best choice to hang today, even if there's every chance he's the killer and will slip his way into end game.[/quote]

???
I must admit to difficulties to follow this. Why isn't Salt "the best choice to hang today, even if there's every chance he's the killer and will slip his way into end game."?

For me the best choice to hang today is the more likely to be the killer, so if I think Salt is the more likely killer, I'd rather try to get Salt lynched.

That pretty much ends my reread of Orkwood.

Conclusion is:
unlike the first impression I had about Orkwood, he's not been that confrontational (except today, but he's been under a lot of fire), and Botley was right to point that he has gone after rather easy targets. I don't agree with the so-called contradiction between Orkwood's stance on Farwynd at the end of day 1 and at the beginning of day 2. He said that he would support a case on day 2 if Botley made one, but there was no case on Farwynd to speak of on day 2.
All in all, I don't find his attitude damning, but he makes sense as a SK.

I'll try to have a look at Farwynd now.

Going through the end of day 1.

2 things. First regarding the argument I had earlier after Farwynd saying Merlyn seemed innocent.
He said that he didn't have time to look for other targets.
At the end of day 1, all Farwynd did was defending himself against Botley.
There were still a lot of people around when he came back:
Kenning and I were online for about 30 minuts after he came back
Harlaw and Botley were around
Merlyn did an appearance
Orkwood and Saltcliffe came later on

Yet Farwynd didn't try to find another target.

Another thing I dislike:
[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1568100' date='Oct 27 2008, 01.18']*quote from Kenning voting for him for being under the radar*

Really? I'm under the radar now? You really think so? Damn, you are right, I am just being ignored and allowed to just slip on by, just the way I want to. :rolleyes:[/quote]

That's the same argument Volmark used when I said that the SK could have interest not to be on the mob, because people on the mob could come under scrutiny later on.
Farwynd was under the radar. If Botley hadn't looked at him, everybody would have forgotten about him and he would have been through day 1 unscathed. He only came forward after Botley accused him. The fact that he failed to remain "under the radar" doesn't mean he didn't intend to be under the radar.

OK, going on with the reread. Sorry not to group everything but I have to do some work at the same time and it's easier for me to note things directly here as I read.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1568478' date='Oct 27 2008, 14.37']Frankly, even if I thought he was innocent, I still would have lynched him because that's how I do.[/quote]

Hummm, that's a point in favour of Farwynd. I still think that you should try to find other targets if the one under fire is innocent, but at least Farwynd is consistent.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1569596' date='Oct 28 2008, 03.42'][u]I'd be ok with Volmark or maybe Saltcliffe today, but right now I think [b]Orkwood[/b] makes a lot of sense[/u]. (I haven't cleared Harlaw by any means, but my gut is rumbling a bit less)[/quote]

Farwynd said in a previous post that he didn't find that Volmark did a "slip" (though to be honest I wasn't convinced by it either). And even if he puts Volmark in his first tier, he tries here to attract the mob onto someone else. Farwynd took some time to give any reaction to my attacks against Volmark on day 2 (whether to agree or disagree with it) and only did so when I called on him (saying all he had done was interacting with Botley), which fits with the attitude of a SK who doesn't want to lynch the other one too early.

This is part of Farwynd's defense against Orkwood. I quote it because it also answers some of the points I raised earlier:

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1570671' date='Oct 28 2008, 22.48']Is that really what you're going with? It reflects badly on me because I posted about how I thought the SK would act? Your second point I've been arguing against since the end of day 1, it should be pretty obvious that I haven't been under the radar. Each day I've been voted for a few times, Botley (and usually someone else) has made a case against me (today is no exception). So if my goal was to stay under the radar, that was thrown out the window very early on. However, the fact is that I wasn't trying to stay under the radar. I made no attempt to fake contribution. Early on I was joking for the most part and then by the time I got back I found that Merlyn was getting close to being lynched (only person with more than 1 vote), and Botley was questioning my vote.[/quote]
I said it already but I'll repeat it. I don't know if it was your goal or not, but you WERE under the radar until Botley came to dig you from there. From that point on, you've been more under the spots, but not from your own choice.

[quote]I spent much of the rest of the day arguing with Botley. Probably not the best way to spend the end of the day, but I didn't have the time at that point to do a big reread and find a better option than Merlyn. Nobody was really seriously pushing anyone one else as a suspect that I could get behind (not going to vote for myself), so I probably couldn't have done anything productive even if I had the time. It was after that I had more time and could go back and reread people and post my thoughts, and I did.[/quote]

OK. I can accept that.

OK, I think I'll have to stop here. Cause I have also to do some work.

Conclusion I have about Farwynd:

Farwynd has a pretty aggressive playstyle, but like Orkwood he has limited to a small number of targets: Botley, whom he didn't accuse, Orkwood, and that's about it. I don't really count Merlyn since it was just "for the sake of the lynch".

Yesterday he put Volmark and Saltcliffe in his first tier. But the attacks he made against them were half hearted. Since I've found Volmark and Saltcliffe very suspicious, it fits the profile of a SK who doesn't want to take out another SK too early, doesn't want to defend them because he will need them lynched (or killed) at some point, and doesn't want to attack them too hard to avoid being night-killed.

The most worrisome impression I have about Farwynd is that after his fight with Botley, and after seeing that nobody was really suspicious of Botley he has supported all of Botley's ideas (apart from the part which is to lynch him of course).

So yeah, I think [b]Farwynd[/b] is a good choice for the lynch.

Since I have to go for some time, here are my last thoughts if Farwynd is innocent, and if I'm dead tomorrow.
I agree Orkwood makes sense as a SK. I didn't have time to reread Saltcliffe, but at the moment I'm more suspicious of Saltcliffe than I am of Orkwood, so I'd rather lynch Saltcliffe first.
I tend to trust Botley but I've been fooled by his like in the past.
Harlaw I don't know. He said we should lynch him tomorrow. It's a hard choice. On the one hand, it makes him look quite innocent, OTOH he may capitalize on that to slip through. :unsure: You'll have to make a choice here.

I think that's all. Good luck.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571218' date='Oct 29 2008, 08.20']Are you able to post once each day to avoid a modkill?[/quote]

I can make occasional quick posts. I just don't have the time to reread the thread or make cases. It sucks so bad. I wish I had known about this project sooner.

It is day 3.

8 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

5 votes for Farwynd ( Harlaw, Orkwood, Botley, Merlyn, Myre)
1 vote for Orkwood ( Farwynd)

2 players have not voted: Goodbrother, Saltcliffe.

Ms Ocean: Look I know you all think its great that no-one was brutally murdered last night, but really that' good. We have to restore universal balance. And that means someone has to die.

Mista' Scythe: Well ok, but you'll have to tell us how. I mean I've never killed anyone before.

Ms Ocean: Well, you could rip out their beating heart. Tear off all their limb and let them bead to death. Or Stake them to the ground under freshly planted bamboo. Stick your arm up their nostrils and pull out their intestines. Hey you could even make them listen to Celion Dion.

Sir Hemp: I donno, what wrong with an old fashioned noose?

Ms Ocean: There is no blood. We where promised Blood and gory scenes. Lets face it, the mods have failed us.

Reverend Typhoon: Do not meddle in the affairs of the Mods for they are quick to anger, and they have ultimate power. :bow: Let us pray. :bow:

Ms Ocean :rolleyes:

Reverend Typhoon: The Mods will Guide us. They control all things. Lets play spin the bottle.

The Crone: You know the Mods won't help us, all they do is listen and laugh. And demand more of our thoughts.

Reverend Typhoon: Blasphemy, we should Burn the Crone!

Ms Ocean: Cool, I love a bonfire! (soaks the Crone in Petrol) Anyone got a match?

Master Fangorn: No Fires! Let us not be hasty. Besides Its Dame Stormboat who should go.

Ms Ocean: Dame Stormboat's just as good. Lets drown her in an Acid Vat!

Dame Stormboat: No no no, you got the wrong person. Its Master Fangorn who should die. He won't share his trees.

Ms Ocean: Maybe we should kill both. That should show respect for the Mods.

Lord Fishhead: Ms Ocean, you do seam in a hurry we still have plenty of daylight hours left.

Ms Ocean: Look you might have hours left, but I need my sleep. I've been up far too long. Can't we just kill someone? Anyone? And right Now? (mutters : I can't wait for night)

Sir Hemp Shoves Dame Stormboat at Ms Ocean. Ms Ocean whips a scimitar from her knickers and disembowels poor Dame Stormboat, spilling her guts on the floor. Not satisfied. She then quickly ties a noose in Dame Stormboat's intestines and slips her head through the noose loop. Ms Ocean then throws the remaining intestines over a low branch of Mr Fangorn's favourite tree. Then slowly pulls on Dame Stormboat's intestines, chocking the remaining life out of her.

Ms Ocean: Rope is so last year.

SPOILER:
Farwynd was Week and is now a dead Innocent. It is night Send in your PM's

There are no clues in the scenes. All Genders where randomly assigned.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1571070' date='Oct 29 2008, 10.03']One thing I can say, just in case I don't get to see tomorrow, is this. In fact I'm not just saying it, I'm pleading it... to all of you...

Please, if you are innocent and end up in the last three with someone like no-post saltcliffe and someone like Myre who shouldn't have lived to end game, then I beg of you, think of it this way...
[u]
If, say, Myre wins... It's a well fought game. He deserves it. If, say, saltcliffe wins, we will all feel robbed that he snuck through. So please, if you hit end game with a non contributor who has snuck through, kill him. Unless you are positive the other person is guilty, kill the person you'd least like to see win as a SK.
[/u]
If saltcliffe is guilty and slips into end game, he cannot win. Simple as that.[/quote]

Lets get something straight, if I make to the end game I will be surprised, in fact I am somewhat surprised that I have not been lynched yet.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571116' date='Oct 29 2008, 11.54']I won't consider lynchin Myre, Merlyn and Goodbrother. As for the rest, I don't care in which order to lynch them. My personal ranking is Orkwood, you, Harlaw and Saltcliffe.[u] Nothing that's gonna come is going to convince me otherwise.[/u][/quote]

Now that interests me, you have already made up your mind on who is guilty and who is innocent? And nothing will sway you? I am not sure about the rest of you, but anyone who talks like that must be very stubborn or have extra info.

Sensible. I didn't know he was Week, but at some point of this day I've understood he was one of that players who have perfect reason to stay under radar in order to avoid probable night kill. Immedeately after that, I stopped fighting for his lynch. Perhaps, I needed to be more aggressive about compromise lynch. Too bad.
[i]In case if they will kill me: don't lynch Orkwood. Orkwood is last person to kill me over Myre.
[/i]

Night passes very quickly

The shade of Farwynd Rises and returns with God like powers, and a vote counter. He watches and laughs at you as
SPOILER:
Merlyn is Murdered

It is day 4.

6 players remain: Botley, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

6 players have not voted: Botley, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe.

PS Sider was gonna write a end of night scene.

Archived