Mafia's Diamond Jubilee - Game 60

HT Reddy

Well, I won't be original. My main suspects, in no particular order, are Sellman, for middle roading, Clare, for being opportunistic, and Corpus Christie, for going for an easy target. Since last one has one vote only (and we need diversity and intrigue at this stage of the day), I'll vote [b]Corpus Christie[/b].
I definitely disapprove lynching Kings today. No clear opinion about the rest yet.

[quote name='Sidney Sussex College' post='1619506' date='Dec 15 2008, 01.21']I was wrong, though, St. Cat hadn't voted for him, but it appeared to me to be a serious accusation.[/quote]

On the subject of Wolfson, I pointed out behavious that I felt was strange - Having that high a post count without having any posts of any interest was odd, imo. I prefer the Selwyn lynch, so I didn't vote for Wolfson, but i'm not dead set against the idea. :)

As for Clare, at least Clare was trying to get the game moving, with pretty much the first serious post of the game. I don't consider that to be particularly lynch-worthy.

[quote]Well, I won't be original. My main suspects, in no particular order, are Sellman, for middle roading,[/quote]

Hughes, did you mean Selwyn?

[quote name='St Catherine's College' post='1619794' date='Dec 15 2008, 04.32']As for Clare, at least Clare was trying to get the game moving, with pretty much the first serious post of the game.[/quote]Good observation. It makes me feeling better about Clare.
[quote]Hughes, did you mean Selwyn?[/quote]Yes. These new alts are hard to remember.

[quote name='St Catherine's College' post='1619794' date='Dec 15 2008, 04.32']On the subject of Wolfson, I pointed out behavious that I felt was strange - Having that high a post count without having any posts of any interest was odd, imo.[/quote]If so, what do you think about Trinity? He is second highest poster, but I hardly remember a word of what he said.

[quote name='Hughes Hall' post='1619804' date='Dec 15 2008, 10.50']If so, what do you think about Trinity? He is second highest poster, but I hardly remember a word of what he said.[/quote]

Good question. I didn't look too closely at it - It wasn't like I went though the top few posters. . Wolfson's so far out in the lead that s/he looks odd. Wolfson has nearly [i]double[/i] the posts of Trinity.

Maybe i'll go back and look at Trinity in a bit. I don't want this to turn into a witch hunt of those who rp a lot, though. It wouldn't be productive.

[quote name='Hughes Hall' post='1619804' date='Dec 15 2008, 10.50']If so, what do you think about Trinity? He is second highest poster, but I hardly remember a word of what he said.[/quote]

You're wrong about Trinity, who's made a decent contribution over the last couple of pages, particularly a lengthy post on page 9.

I made a quick reread of Emmanuel, since he's one of the leading players so far. He left me with a good overall impression, but there's one thing that looked odd to me:

[quote name='Emmanuel College' post='1619285' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.24']Selwyn, a bit flip-floppy. I don't like flipflops. The only thing I like less is contradictions. And Brussel sprouts I guess... but as far as Mafia goes, it's only contradictions. That said, this is a big game, 20 players. Therefore it goes without saying that we'll have new players. We'll have rusty old players. Basically, this isn't just core mafia addicts, so I'm willing to give a pass for now. Again, once we're into real crunch, flip-flopping will constitute a hanging offense on my watch.[/quote]

[quote name='Emmanuel College' post='1619296' date='Dec 14 2008, 16.30']One of the biggest lesson's I've had to learn, not just in Mafia but in life in general, is never assume everyone else is as smart as you are.

I'm not giving Clare a free ride just because it would have been a dumb move.[/quote]

Since you don't like contradictions, you surely can explain why you have been giving Selwyn a free pass but not Clare. Is there anything special about Selwyn?

I can now, finally, catch up with the thread.

Hm, I plan to give a little more thought in my next post than this:
[quote name='Robinson College' post='1619814' date='Dec 15 2008, 12.17']Hello everyone,

Robinson College checking in. Sorry for my tardiness, decided to get up to date with the thread before posting and its taken a considerable amount of time. Not much substance though. :unsure:[/quote]

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1619850' date='Dec 15 2008, 19.25']So, now everyone has posted. At least not much happened while I was gone. How many FMs do you think there will be? 1 or more than 1?[/quote]
Somehow I think you probably know the answer to your question.

I'll tell you what I think anyway though, quatre.

I'm guessing 2 plus a symp. Glad to see we get some of the board down time back.

To Hughes, I admittedly did post a lot of fluff in the RP section, but once certain people had suggested that we cut down on fluff and up on substance I posted less but more thoughtfully.

I still don't think there are any major issues to be discussed at this point, you're not going to find a bulletproof case to lynch someone at this point.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619860' date='Dec 15 2008, 18.33']I'm guessing 2 plus a symp. Glad to see we get some of the board down time back.[/quote]

Too little. This is a 20 player game. You normally find 2 plus a symp in 13 player games.

Expect something like 3 or 4 + a symp.

If there was 4 + symp, I'd assume there was no roles for the FM. If there was 3 + a symp, they probably have a role to balance it.

After a quick re-read there are a few things that stick out at me, mainly a small connection I believe I detected between Girton and Wolfson.

Girton's 8th post, which came after RP and joke posts and can be construed as both:

[quote]Well, at least we are ahead of Wolfson College. [s]But Girton shall rise again! No matter what the cost. We will cheat, kill, and maim to be back on top, this I promise you ahahahah. Out motto is only there to hide the truth from you, WE ARE WARRIORS!!![/s]

Please disregard the last statement. Thank you.[/quote]

Girton and Wolfson had a small sharing of posts before this, which would indicate why Wolfson is pinpointed here.

Shortly followed by a joke vote on Wolfson:
[quote]There is no rum, is there Wolfie? You are trying to kill us, but I see through your facade sir.

I vote for Wolfson College the wolf in wolf's clothing. Shame on you for lying about rum, shame. tantrum.gif[/quote]

More interaction with Wolfson:
[quote]Than why did my rum taste suspiciously like poison...dun dun dunnn.[/quote]

There's at least one other post where Girton tells Wolfson that the rum offered is poison... almost as if he's trying to let Wolfson know that he knows he's a killer?

I know, it feels like stretching to me too, but add it with this post of his which is in reply to my serious vote for Wolfson:

[quote name='Girton College' post='1619257' date='Dec 14 2008, 22.59']Interesting. So you have a problem with the non-serious tone of the game and then vote for Wolfson becuase you don't like his attitude. :rolleyes:[/quote]

That seems to me to be a direct defense/attempt to dismiss my serious vote against Wolfson. Very symp-like behavior, which makes me want to keep my vote on [b]Wolfson[/b].

[quote name='Wolfson College' post='1619850' date='Dec 15 2008, 19.25']So, now everyone has posted. At least not much happened while I was gone. How many FMs do you think there will be? 1 or more than 1?[/quote]

Either you are new to this game or you're purposely playing ignorant. Why would there only be one bad guy and 19 innocents?

I wish I had time to post more of a case, but work calls so this was rather hurried. I'll be back in about 4 hours or so.

[quote name='Trinity Hall' post='1619860' date='Dec 15 2008, 19.33']I still don't think there are any major issues to be discussed at this point, you're not going to find a bulletproof case to lynch someone at this point.[/quote]
Who ever said we were going to find a bulletproof case to lynch someone? I don't know how you think there isn't anything real to discuss, that's just batty.

[quote name='Queens' College' post='1619869' date='Dec 15 2008, 13.41']Who ever said we were going to find a bulletproof case to lynch someone? I don't know how you think there isn't anything real to discuss, that's just batty.[/quote]

I said major, not real. And I didn't mean 100% by bulletproof, I just think there hasn't been a case put forward where I would jump on a lynch train to date. I am a bit batty though.

Archived